Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

here is the map
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...305b07148a5abe
    we will take a break in oxnard before we get on 101 unless everybody is ok without it.

i got another may be and a yes from people i emailed off of spyderryder.com this morning.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    here is the map
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...305b07148a5abe
    we will take a break in oxnard before we get on 101 unless everybody is ok without it.

i got another may be and a yes from people i emailed off of spyderryder.com this morning.
    Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

this is the route we will take back to los angeles
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...5&ie=UTF8&z=10

we will say good bye to diggittt and redviper(if he can make it) near santa clarita at juction of I5 and hwy 126 than head south on I5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

our first ryde is almost upon us and I like to emphasis importance of safey.
    it should be our #1 goal so that every ryde is without any incidence.

1. we should ryde in single file in somewhat staggered formation. No cutting in and out of lanes, unless lane change is absolutely necessarry. follow the ryder in front of you at all times with enough space in between you and the ryder in front of you.

2. when lead ryder gives a signal to make a lane change, last ryder(which should be the most experienced) should immediately turn his blinkers on and procede with lane change when it safe to do so the ryders in between will have ample room to manuever. we will pick a lane and stay on that lane even if it seems to be going slower than other lane at that time for the most part anyway.

3.if we should get seperated due to some ryders not "making" the light, group in front shall slow down and wait for the others to catch up. if it's deemed that it may take too long or puts too much pressure for group behind to catch up we should stop and wait for them at a safe place. remember this is not about who gets there first. everyone will have different ryding skills or habits or comfort zones and we have to make room for everybody even if you feel like everybody else is slowing you down. if you are a aggressive ryder, it would be good idea to stay in back.

4. when crossing a stop sign, we should get into a tighter staggered formation so 2 ryders can get thru at the same time but with first ryder heading out first.

5. during the ryde if you have to stop or get off the freeway for any reason, just make the necessarry lane change and pull ahead and stop or get off the freeway and rest of us should follow. a hand gesture will be helpful.
    on the way back as ryders are spliting to go own their way, please let others know about where you will be spliting off so others don't follow you home. we can also have a different hand signal for that, wave with open hand for goodbyes and closed hand or pointing to just stop or get off the freeway.

even thou, we are not going have a big group this sunday, i am thinking 7 or 8, i know group will get larger for coming rydes so it's really important we practice rying safety. who knows, someday we may have 500 spyders rolling down the pch so lets have fun but safely.

by the way, from people i emailed off of spyderryder.com's map, 2-4 are comming for this ryde and many more are good for the future rydes as this one was with such a short notice. some have move out of state and some no longer had the spyder.

if you have any questions or if you are running late on sunday morning give me, ken, a call at 213 675 6457. see ya on sunday.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Diggittt View Post
    Smokster I will be coming down the 99 south to 5 south to 405 south to the 90. I think your probably going to be coming north on the 405 to the 90 am I correct? We will be coming from opposite directions so will see you at the dock...

Diggittt
    Dont think I can make the ride today, sorry

Spyder Garage

Default Event Pics

Event pics here

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by smokster View Post
    Dont think I can make the ride today, sorry
    thats ok. i hope you can make the next ryde