Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default calling all spyder ryders in greater los angeles area

I have started a ryder club on spyderryder.com, named Spyder Addicts based in southern cal/Los Angeles and i invite you to join me on our first ryde. We will meet at IHOP in Marina Del Rey for meal and check out the rydes and take pch up to Santa Barbara pier.

Date is set for March 22, the sunday. Please respond here or better yet register on Spyderryder.com or both.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default May Go-----

out of Orange County-----will see-----I have a red SE5 and my friend has a silver SM----

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    out of Orange County-----will see-----I have a red SE5 and my friend has a silver SM----
    i hope you and your friend is able to make it
    i also have a red se5 and your friend's is silver just need a yellow or 2

i was wondering which would be more convenient for most, sunday or saturday?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'll try to meet ya on the wharf. We have some great riding here if ya wanna go up some hills. We can head to Cold Springs Tavern and piss off the bikers! Well, we might just puzzle some of them. My biker friends are actually pretty cool with me adding a wheel to my collection.
    VERY HAPPY OWNER OF Spyder PE #1133 w/ Leo Vince, High Flow Filter , Red caliper trim(whoopty doo), BRP sport rack/backrest, BRP saddle bags, BRP comfort seat, Honda RC51, Buell XB9R, Garmin 660, Tackyon XC action cam, Nolan N103 W/ N-Com kit(never use it...)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspyder View Post
    I'll try to meet ya on the wharf. We have some great riding here if ya wanna go up some hills. We can head to Cold Springs Tavern and piss off the bikers! Well, we might just puzzle some of them. My biker friends are actually pretty cool with me adding a wheel to my collection.
    since this will be the first ryde, ryding skill of ryders are in question(i know i dont have much skill) so we will see but in any case i hope you will come to wharf for clam chowder on me

by the way, are they planning to build rails for that pier?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Nah, ya just gotta race to the end and hope your brakes work!
    VERY HAPPY OWNER OF Spyder PE #1133 w/ Leo Vince, High Flow Filter , Red caliper trim(whoopty doo), BRP sport rack/backrest, BRP saddle bags, BRP comfort seat, Honda RC51, Buell XB9R, Garmin 660, Tackyon XC action cam, Nolan N103 W/ N-Com kit(never use it...)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nah, ya just gotta race to the end and hope your brakes work!
    i see.
    warn that last restaurant at the end of pier to watch out for a red spyder with squeaky break.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    i see.
    warn that last restaurant at the end of pier to watch out for a red spyder with squeaky break.
    Ha! That would be The Santa Barbara Shellfish Company. They fired my friend recently...No brakes need apply.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ha! That would be The Santa Barbara Shellfish Company. They fired my friend recently...No brakes need apply.
    make that 10 spyders with squeaky brakes than

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

10 would be awsome. I've only riden with one other spyder once and that was just for a few blocks. I'll see if I can get a hold of him.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Man, post some pics when you guys do this.....I love driving to the beach when I'm in LA.....combine the Spyder with the PCH?!?!

Gonna be nice I bet.....have fun and be safe....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

any number of spyders will do but more the merrier right?
    i am going to send email to everyone in the area on spyderryder.com's map with contact info. hopely we will have good turn out.
    i dont think everybody with spyders are participating on these websites and even if they wanted to participate in spyder group ryde they may not know how to go about getting together with other spyder ryders.

i am still not fully decided on saturday or sunday thou. i wanna say saturday but alot of people work on saturdays. I will leave it at sunday until i hear enough people say "saturday"

that restaurant on pier sells this local shrimp and its so different from shrimp you get at the market. they are like butter-ier, mellower and have soft texture. i like them thou.
    Last edited by aka1004; 02-28-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i was up in wasco(between fresno and bakersfield) saturday and took hwy. 33 all the way down to ventura and then took pch down to santa monica. hwy. 33 was a pretty good road to ryde. not too tight, more of long hugging curbs. if we have time, may be we can take longer route to or from santa barbara.
    i passed couple of biker's bar/restaurant on the way down and a good number of spyders coming that road will be a sight to see.

Spyder Garage

i was up in wasco(between fresno and bakersfield) saturday and took hwy. 33 all the way down to ventura and then took pch down to santa monica. hwy. 33 was a pretty good road to ryde. not too tight, more of long hugging curbs. if we have time, may be we can take longer route to or from santa barbara.
    i passed couple of biker's bar/restaurant on the way down and a good number of spyders coming that road will be a sight to see.
    Hey Aka1004 you should have let me know you were coming through town I live in Bakersfield. The next time give me a shout and I will cruise with you.

Diggittt
    Full Moon #1176

Talon Alarm
    Trunk Spring
    Power Bus
    H.I.D. Headlights
    Kuryakyn ISO Grips
    NMN Highway Brackets
    Kuryakan Highway Pegs
    Two Brothers Dual Exhaust
    BRP Sports Rack & Back Rest
    LED Fender Tips
    Ride-On
    BRP Tank Bag
    H.I.D. Fog Lights
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    GlowRyder L.E.D. W/Remote
    TricLed Fender Lights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Diggittt View Post
    Hey Aka1004 you should have let me know you were coming through town I live in Bakersfield. The next time give me a shout and I will cruise with you.

Diggittt
    i did not know. i spent 3 days at la quinta in bakersfield.
    next time

by the way, new date for our first ryde for those who's interested
    MARCH 29th MARCH 29th
    i will be posting every other days so this threads stays on first page.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!!
    March 29th
    Last edited by aka1004; 03-04-2009 at 11:00 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Forum Calendar

Can you add event to forum calender with all details for ryde. This would create a central point for updated information. Also calendar allows users to create a reminder for event.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by powerbyaj View Post
    Can you add event to forum calender with all details for ryde. This would create a central point for updated information. Also calendar allows users to create a reminder for event.
    Thank You for reminding about the calendar

date has been set for march 29th the sunday and lets meet little bit earlier and ryde up to santa barbara and have our meal up there.
    date was set for sunday to accommodate ryders that may work saturdays but if everyone is good with saturday, we will switch to saturday.
    I am looking forward to check out the mods i may want on my spyder

you can also register on spyderryder.com
    Last edited by aka1004; 03-04-2009 at 11:02 AM.

Spyder Garage

Aka1004.

Were you in Bakersfield on last thursday. I did see a red spyder on the 99 headed north toward Wasco I slowed as much as I could before I had to get over to catch the 65 Porterville Hwy and I saw you (maybe) fly by. It is the first red spyder I have seen here in town that wasn't at the dealer.

Diggittt
    Full Moon #1176

Talon Alarm
    Trunk Spring
    Power Bus
    H.I.D. Headlights
    Kuryakyn ISO Grips
    NMN Highway Brackets
    Kuryakan Highway Pegs
    Two Brothers Dual Exhaust
    BRP Sports Rack & Back Rest
    LED Fender Tips
    Ride-On
    BRP Tank Bag
    H.I.D. Fog Lights
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    GlowRyder L.E.D. W/Remote
    TricLed Fender Lights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Diggittt View Post
    Aka1004.

Were you in Bakersfield on last thursday. I did see a red spyder on the 99 headed north toward Wasco I slowed as much as I could before I had to get over to catch the 65 Porterville Hwy and I saw you (maybe) fly by. It is the first red spyder I have seen here in town that wasn't at the dealer.

Diggittt
    yes that was me.
    i stayed in bakersfield thur-sat and was going up and down hwy 99 to get to wasco.

Spyder Garage

I am going to end up riding with So Cal Spyders but in July at the west coast event

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

i did not know. i spent 3 days at la quinta in bakersfield.
    next time

by the way, new date for our first ryde for those who's interested
    MARCH 29th MARCH 29th
    i will be posting every other days so this threads stays on first page.
    ARRRRRRRRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

I changed my trip to Colorado to the weekend of the 29th just so I could make the ryde! Now, I see things have changed...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

ARRRRRRRRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

I changed my trip to Colorado to the weekend of the 29th just so I could make the ryde! Now, I see things have changed...
    I am so so so sorry
    so cal was having their ryde on 21st and i know some ryders from OC may go down there for it so i was trying to accommodate them if anyone was interested.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am so so so sorry
    so cal was having their ryde on 21st and i know some ryders from OC may go down there for it so i was trying to accommodate them if anyone was interested.
    Poop happens! Hopefully we can all meet another time.

Spyder Garage

Default march 29th

Count me in my name is vance but my screen name is magnum. Post a time I'm in