Spyder Garage

Default Ride to Queen Wilhelmina State Park, Arkansas

A group of enthusiastic riders met at Spyderpops,Saturday morning. Weather forecast was cloudy but no rain...HA! Misty rain all day. Anyway we departed led by Spyderpops. He was showing off his speed and new exhaust toy, on his F-3, the whole trip. As we approached the mountain summit we ran into low clouds, not fog, but actual clouds. The Spyder in front of you disappeared if you got more than 25 yards behind it. We all made it to the lodge. Lunch was just fabulous, desserts were plentiful and I had two. Going down the mountain was just as hard with the cloud disappearing once we got to the valley floor. We all headed east and one by one we stared to peel off from the group as our home destinations became available.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

That's a great ride. We have done it a few times. We can't wait to take it in the spyder. It's 668 miles round trip for us.

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice ride

Wife and I have ridden that route before when I had a Goldwing. Not since the Spyder. Seems something always gets in the way and we head off in another direction. Thanks for mentioning this ride - put it on my 2016 Bucket List.

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did you drive out of the cloud to blue skies at the summit? I've done that, but not on a bike. It's really cool.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default clouds

The clouds started at about 100 ft up the mountain and got worse right to the summit.