Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As long as all involved are ok . To bad about the Spyder.. Are they going to claim on insurance?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I stay happy and content as spyder passenger [emoji847] relax and sightseeing while Reggy do the work! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by siny10309 View Post
    in NY if you take the road test on any 2 wheeler (including a scooter) you can ride any type of motorcycle (2 or 3 wheels) when you pass but if you take it on a trike you can only ride a trike.
    Same as in Kansas.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Minnesota as well.

Very Active Member Bam Bam and Pebbles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    moral of the story, women drivers.....
    Awfully broad brush you are painting with, considering there was one mention of a female and a couple mentions of spouses and friends. Feel free to google misogyny.
    Last edited by Bam Bam and Pebbles; 04-14-2016 at 10:03 AM.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Smile Let me ride it????

Over the many years I'm sure most of us have had someone say "let me ride it" Only once ( thank G@d all came back well)did I let someone ride one of my bikes. I was sooooo nervous that they would wreck my pristine 900F I literally sweated stink.
    Now a Good friend and motorcycle rider wants to possibly buy a Spyder and I'll have to tell him to go to the dealer for a test ride.

On another note::

As an old,bald, white, male who has worked HARD all my life---- I don't say anything about minorities,women,ect,---- you will be labled a racist and worse. I must say though that all this politically correct crap really chaps my hyde.

Opening your mouth and speaking your mind can cause:::::

Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Exclamation And of course----

The anonymous internet give some folks lots of bravado. You would have to be 5' - 40" and 300 pounds to say some of this stuff in the face of the " person" you were talking about.
    Kaos
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Not only experianced riders

During a new project at my work location, one of the IT guys from another state (Ohio) was talking to me about his Suzuki he rides, and how he is sad that he was away from it now that it was warming up. I tossed him my key, and said go ahead and take a spin if you want on my (then RS). As I was walking out to show him how to start it, he takes off, goes to the end of the parking lot, and comes back. He gets off, and said "wow I almost hit the gate until I found the brake pedal". Fortunately he knew enough to use the engine/transmission to slow down the bike. I did let him ride it again, and he even filled up the gas tank for me.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

the only time i let anyone ride my spyder was my friends wife, who has ridden sleds and motorcycles longer than me. but i did sit on her brand new harley until she got back, "days of thunder style" you bend mine i bend yours!!!!

Spyder Garage

Was at a Spyder event sponsored by a local Can-Am dealership. They were letting people take demo Spyders out for test drives. There was a news reporter there (I think from the local paper). The guy wanted to try a Spyder out and I don't think anyone checked any credentials.

He got on the Spyder (already running) with no helmet. We have a helmet law in Tennessee so I figured he planned to stay within the parking area (which was quite large). And he certainly did that! Who knows what he was thinking, or even if he was thinking at all. He went about 20 feet at a slow rate of speed and then (for no logical reason) decided to make a U-Turn. He accelerated a bit as he started the turn and then gave it full throttle. He made the U-Turn ok but was out of control and slammed into a the rear of a large, flat bed trailer, still running wide open. Destroyed the Spyder but he was not injured.

He got off as the dealership employees ran over to him. He said; 'Sorry' and left.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Never let a new two wheeled M endorsed rider try a Spyder either. If they countersteer your Spyder is hitting the guardrail. I have let my experienced rider friends try, but only after heavy emphasis on how to steer one.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default New Mexico

I couldn't take the 3 wheel class as they don't have it in Southern New Mexico. I took the written, got my permit, waited a week, and took the course test. Now I have my M endorsement that says I can operate a 2 or 3 wheel motorcycle . I've never been on a 2 wheel, so it's kinda weird that they do it that way as they are two different beasts and I would probably hurt myself on a 2 wheel. My insurance is high because they won't do a three wheel class here.

2012 RSS (Wife's)
    2015 F3S (Mine)

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam and Pebbles View Post
    Awfully broad brush you are painting with, considering there was one mention of a female and a couple mentions of spouses and friends. Feel free to google misogyny.
    it was a joke, lighten up people it's sunny out & in the 60's here.

Spyder Garage

Add to the story. My ex let her new boyfriend ride her . He ran it into the garage and took out the front end.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Add to the story. My ex let her new boyfriend ride her . He ran it into the garage and took out the front end.
    Is he now an "ex" also?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Post No Trying out my Spyder

Hi All,

I am sorry but I don't let anyone try out my spyder. I explain that it cost me too much to practice on. Friend or not.
    That is my standard reply when they ask.

Blade

Spyder Garage

Default My .02.....

Having ridden everything from minibikes,dirtbikes,atc's,atv's and pretty much anything with a motor, I would never had hit the open road in my GS without following the suggestions in the manual. Cones,BIG parking lot and plenty of practice before venturing on the open road. Not that I questioned my abilities,but because even though the Spyder is close to operating a quad or snowmachine..it's still a Spyder. Unique.
    I am happy that there were no injuries. I hope you get back ryding.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

My nieghbor is a bike rider and wants to ride it... I avoid the subject but not sure how I feel about it.
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    When they ask I tell them "that is what dealer test rides are for, or go rent one like I did, but I am not taking a chance with mine".

Some people get upset, but most understand.
    1k times! Hope everyone is ok! The bike could be replace! Sadly but, lesson learned!

Spyder Garage

Default Time to upgrade

Send those people my way, I'd like a new one.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

When my brother got his 2012 RT new he let me jump on it and take off, never having even seen one before but he knows i am an excellent driver who has driven everything from 2 wheels to race cars to motorhomes to trailers. Having said that i would never let anyone (but him) ride my new RT lol. I did let my nephew try my RS in a parking lot but he had already been practicing a bit on his dads RT.

Glad everyone was ok in the opening post but jumped off making a u turn? seriously? i wouldnt ever get in a car with that person either.
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    moral of the story, women drivers.....
    Really? You should take that back.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I wouldn't allow anyone to ride mine either, but what blows me away is "she jumped off the bike" WTF, Jesus, what an idiot, woman or man, when there is a problem, START thinking

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Very Active Member Bam Bam and Pebbles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kaos View Post
    The anonymous internet give some folks lots of bravado. You would have to be 5' - 40" and 300 pounds to say some of this stuff in the face of the " person" you were talking about.
    Kaos
    I am 5'11"'and a buck 85, 56 years old, and one of the reasons I have a small circle of good friends is because I dont have a problem saying the truth to a persons face. Aint never had anyone try to punch me for what I have said. If they dont like it, oh well.

It's called showing respect for people by not painting every person in a group by the actions of a one or a few. I tend to respect people until they give me a reason not to. Trust is earned, but respect is a given until proven otherwise.
    Last edited by Bam Bam and Pebbles; 04-14-2016 at 08:31 PM.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have had a few friends interested in buying a Spyder ride mine. But I go to a big big empty parking lot like a church or school.