Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Special Request

Spyder Garage

Just wasted my time reading this entire thread----

IMHO
    [emoji111]

People apologizing (please , I will try to not do it again)
    Oh Lordy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteveFL View Post
    We're going to have to agree to really disagree on this, and your reply indicates you either haven't read or understood where I am coming from.

This will be my absolute last comment on this because if you don't get it after this, there's no other way I can say it. I NEVER SAID don't post off top, etc, etc. I also have no problem with some threads getting off track as sometimes as you get into a conversation about something other ideas, etc. come up.

All I was trying to "fix" is starting posts in the various sub forums that don't belong there and not an occasional ooops.

My last analogy - you go to the hardware store (Spyderlovers forum) and want to look at screws. You go to the screws draw in the hardware cabinet (a sub forum, lets say SPYDER General Discussion), you open the screws drawer to look for screws and there are nuts and washers mixed in that you have to move out of the way to see the rest off the screws. Does it mean the nuts and washers don't belong in the hardware store, off course not. Would you sometimes want nuts and washers? Sure, but you would like to find the nuts in the nuts draw and washers in the washer drawer.

Go to the library and want to find weight loss books. You find the self-help/weight loss shelf but there are a bunch of books on sports or history mixed in with the diet books. All valuable, all needed, nothing wrong with any of it.

Just simple organization. It would just be easier and more time effective if things were in the right place. And for the most part they are here and things are great, but it just seems many don't realize there is a whole Off Topic forum for this stuff (which yes I do read and enjoy occasionally) but instead put all these things in the SPYDER General Discussion forum.

I'm sorry if you feel me pointing that out means I want everyone to do things to suit me and the problem is mine. Hell, it's not even a HUGE problem, it really started as a PSA to ask people to put anything non Spyder related in the dedicated Off Topic forum. I've setup and moderated several boards and I have thousands of posts on others - mostly answering and trying to help people where I can.

Sorry I ruffled your feathers by trying to use this forum as designed. Have a few drinks, it will be fine...
    Talking down to people isn't generally an effective way to get one's point across.

Spyder Garage

Just my two cents....Although I admit that I have not engaged in a lot of forums, I believe this is one of the best ones I've seen. 85% is topic related 10 Comic relief and about 5% or so off topic. I think it is good to mix it up. We are a family riders who enjoy sharing experiences and offer a helping hand. If there is something that I don't want to read I don't.

"That's all I have to say about that"

Spyder Garage

so the question is... does this thread belong in "off topic"??? i did not see any spyder related question in the original post??

or am i just being rude??

i enjoy the format of the forum and its ease of scanning a topic

have a great day

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    This is Lamonts site and besides thanking him, I think he does a great job with a lot of latitude for us all. (where is Bobs "I'll Drink to That Poster"?)

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Me, too! (sorry - I could not resist )

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

since my life does not revolve around the internet or this forum i don't really understand what the problem is
    but i do agree with posting in the right area.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dlby View Post
    Just wasted my time reading this entire thread----

IMHO
    [emoji111]
    But that's sort of the point, isn't it? I mean... Had you wanted to, you COULD have simply skipped over it and NOT read this entire thread.
    Last edited by robmorg; 04-14-2016 at 09:09 AM.
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Lights

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    You've seen this before. No doubt there will be a time to post this again in the future.

HOW MANY GROUP POSTERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"
    109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is a "FAQ"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....
    And now some trivia, I was raised in Chicago during the depresion and light bulbs were called " globes" and you would take your burned out ones to Cominwealth Edison and they replaced them for free..............

Spyder Garage

The Billybovine extreme summary of this thread.

Warning this is in my words and not a quote of anyone. It is my understanding of this thread.

Initial comment:

Please put off topic items in the off topic forum.

Response:

I can do what I want. You're not the boss of me.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Had this been Post #3; think of all of the time that it would have saved everyone!

Spyder Garage

Billy,

That was sort of the initial gist. I think the thing that kept this thread going was the fact that the OP thought his original post had been misunderstood and kept trying to explain it, when in fact nobody had.

One thing that everyone should be able to agree on... This thread has been an interesting study of "computer forum dynamics".
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA

Spyder Garage

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Just my two cents....Although I admit that I have not engaged in a lot of forums, I believe this is one of the best ones I've seen. 85% is topic related 10 Comic relief and about 5% or so off topic. I think it is good to mix it up. We are a family riders who enjoy sharing experiences and offer a helping hand. If there is something that I don't want to read I don't.

"That's all I have to say about that"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwalsh View Post
    so the question is... does this thread belong in "off topic"??? i did not see any spyder related question in the original post??

or am i just being rude??

i enjoy the format of the forum and its ease of scanning a topic

have a great day
    Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    But that's sort of the point, isn't it? I mean... Had you wanted to, you COULD have simply skipped over it and NOT read this entire thread.

2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I've been watching this thread, and no one has beat Jack's word of the day. My hat's off to you Jack. I'm going to try to work that word into a post today. You must have thought that one up when playing hand ball.

Update: I had to add, it isn't the word latitude.

Spyder Garage

Really. Wow. The world just goes around around and stops where?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    I think the thing that kept this thread going was the fact that the OP thought his original post had been misunderstood and kept trying to explain it, when in fact nobody had.

If the response would have been "Shut the hell up and go away, don't ask me to post in the right forum you jacka$$", then yes, I wouldn't have repeated myself and used analogies but sadly the replies seemed as if the simple innocent point was missed. I know sometimes things come across different in writing (forums, email, texts, etc) depending on your mood and how you read into it but this thread totally spun out of control.

While I am surprised at some of the comments, all I can say is if I offended anyone, came across as 'bossy', sounded like I was 'talking down to anybody' or anything else I apologize as that was not the intent and if you knew me you would know that for sure. My ask was a simple lets try to keep most of the Off topic stuff in the Off topic forum, period, end of sentence.

I was half tempted to just delete this entire thread as it did get out of control and didn't add any value, but that is typically poor forum behavior so I won't.

I'm sorry this was misunderstood and created such a *****storm. I would ask this thread to just either be closed or ignored and let it die so we can get back to what we're here for and yes, all the fun stuff too (in the Off topic forum , sorry couldn't help it lol).

Carry on, there is nothing else to see here...
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't worry about it; we're all good in here!
    Everybody is entitled to an opinion...
    We do the best that we can in here, to keep the threads in the appropriate area.
    But none of us is perfect: all of the time!

At least you didn't ask about tires or oils!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteveFL View Post

If the response would have been "Shut the hell up and go away, don't ask me to post in the right forum you jacka$$", then yes, I wouldn't have repeated myself and used analogies but sadly the replies seemed as if the simple innocent point was missed. I know sometimes things come across different in writing (forums, email, texts, etc) depending on your mood and how you read into it but this thread totally spun out of control.

While I am surprised at some of the comments, all I can say is if I offended anyone, came across as 'bossy', sounded like I was 'talking down to anybody' or anything else I apologize as that was not the intent and if you knew me you would know that for sure. My ask was a simple lets try to keep most of the Off topic stuff in the Off topic forum, period, end of sentence.

I was half tempted to just delete this entire thread as it did get out of control and didn't add any value, but that is typically poor forum behavior so I won't.

I'm sorry this was misunderstood and created such a *****storm. I would ask this thread to just either be closed or ignored and let it die so we can get back to what we're here for and yes, all the fun stuff too (in the Off topic forum , sorry couldn't help it lol).

Carry on, there is nothing else to see here...
    Your okay my friend. This too shall pass.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Your okay my friend. This too shall pass.
    Yep, that's one of the things I like about this forum. Sometimes things get a little "testy", but like a bad meal, it soon passes and is forgotten.

The fact that we are now 20,000 strong is a testament to that.
    Last edited by robmorg; 04-14-2016 at 03:55 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I've been watching this thread, and no one has beat Jack's word of the day. My hat's off to you Jack. I'm going to try to work that word into a post today. You must have thought that one up when playing hand ball.

Update: I had to add, it isn't the word latitude.

Handball my one true addiction. How did you know?

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    You've seen this before. No doubt there will be a time to post this again in the future.

HOW MANY GROUP POSTERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
    27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
    53 to flame the spell checkers
    41 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"
    1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....
    I was going to post ME TOO or +1, but I'm thinking I'll wait until October.......
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779