Thread: Shark Audio

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Shark Audio

As some of you know I have installed the Shark Audio 6800 on my RS. I am having a little problem as I am riding down the road the UBS thumb drive (stick) will quit playing for a second then pick-up at the same point it stopped. The shark is wired directly to the fuse block and the connection is solid I am using a gorilla stick with all my mp3's it's a pain any ideas maybe contact Shark??? Oh Ya
    if anyone responds THANKS in advance... jtpollock

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SHARK

If you don't use the stick is the problem still present ????.....if so I think the stick may be getting jarred loose ....Mike

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If you don't use the stick is the problem still present ????.....if so I think the stick may be getting jarred loose ....Mike
    I agree, it doesn't take much movement or vibration to make the USB think it has lost connection. I have learned the smaller the USB stick is in length, the less chance of vibration or bumps have of shaking it lose because of less leverage.

I have found a small USB stick or flash drive like this eliminated the problem.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

mine did that so I put 150 songs on a sd card and that never happened agin.it stickes all the way in the slote, no wiggle.

Spyder Garage

Default All of the above...

use a smaller drive or find a way to secure it in place. As you use the UBS port they do tend to get looser fitting if still no problem but if bouncing about this may be the reason. My Mp3 player will do this but then I run it through a G9 hooked up to the phone..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

THANKS TO ALL...I did take the stick into work and ran it for 8 hrs with no problems guess I will need to transfer the mp3's to a SD card ;just need to figure out how to do that always good info here... jtpollock

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtpollock View Post
    THANKS TO ALL...I did take the stick into work and ran it for 8 hrs with no problems guess I will need to transfer the mp3's to a SD card ;just need to figure out how to do that always good info here... jtpollock
    It working fine at work is not a surprise, you should not have any road vibration on your computer at work.

Spyder Garage

You just have to copy all the songs from your usb stick and then paste them onto a sufficiently sized SD card. That's all I did. You don't need high speed SD card. A series 4 is good enough.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    You just have to copy all the songs from your usb stick and then paste them onto a sufficiently sized SD card. That's all I did. You don't need high speed SD card. A series 4 is good enough.
    I don't have an SD card slot on my computer I have a mini card in my phone

Spyder Garage

You can purchase an adapter, but that is why I recommended the mini USB device. It is easier to use, no adapter needed to load, all computers have USB ports.
    The length of the USB device you have multiplies any road or wind vibration causing movement of the connections.

Take a Popsicle stick and hold the first 1/2" between your fingers, then see how easy it is to get movement on the long part that is sticking out.
    Now cut the stick to one inch long and hold the first 1/2" between your fingers. You will find that the movement on the short stick is much harder to achieve.
    The short stick makes you have less leverage.

This is the same concept of the short USB device. The shorter the device the less vibration and wind affects it, the less broken connections, less music interruptions.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I found that Wal-Mart has the logear SuperSpeed USB 3.0 SD/Micro SD card reader/Writer for $13 not bad I am picking one up on my way home this afternoon
    then it's just copy and past Thanks to all and ride safe...jtpollock

Spyder Garage

How about a piece of tape to hole the USB sick in place.
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtpollock View Post
    I don't have an SD card slot on my computer I have a mini card in my phone
    You could find someone who has a computer that does have one.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

All THANKS for the input sorry it has taken so long to get back but we have had over 4 feet of snow since my last post.
    I got a milti-card reader and was able to copy al my mp3's to the SD card Works SUPER no more skip I'm HAPPY jtpollock

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Talking Sd card issue

I just got a shkc6800, downloaded 206 songs to sd card. It played 4 songs, then repeated them. Then when I tried to skip to next one, it only played 1, over and over.... Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance... P.S. It was stuck on Zeppelin, so not TOO bad

Spyder Garage

Default Shark Radio SD Card Size

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Can anyone tell me the max size SD card this unit will take? Formated FAT32

Tom

Spyder Garage

Default SHARK

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    I just got a shkc6800, downloaded 206 songs to sd card. It played 4 songs, then repeated them. Then when I tried to skip to next one, it only played 1, over and over.... Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance... P.S. It was stuck on Zeppelin, so not TOO bad
    I had two of them ( for different Spyders ) what type of device are you using with-it ???.... you can't down-load anything into the Shark ( to best of my recollection ...you may have an advanced model ) good luck ........ Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Shark Model SHKC7120 lost FM

I had played FM on this motel in the home using a 12 V battery. It also played for a bit installed with the antenna then FM quit. It works great on my USB plug in memory. I can change the mode from USB to Bluetooth but FM is just static. maybe i pinched-cut the antenna wire. Other than that--any ideas. Also it works minus FM using the handlebar wired remote but I get no action from the wireless remote & remote battery is good.
    I remember when I promised myself I won't modify anything on this toy ride--seems I have a short attention span
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Default WIRELESS REMOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    I had played FM on this motel in the home using a 12 V battery. It also played for a bit installed with the antenna then FM quit. It works great on my USB plug in memory. I can change the mode from USB to Bluetooth but FM is just static. maybe i pinched-cut the antenna wire. Other than that--any ideas. Also it works minus FM using the handlebar wired remote but I get no action from the wireless remote & remote battery is good.
    I remember when I promised myself I won't modify anything on this toy ride--seems I have a short attention span
    Darrell
    D- every wireless device I have ever used , operated using infrared ( to pick up or send a signal ) ... Infrared is line of sight ... meaning it has to SEE to sending device .... like your TV remote ... if you point it at the CEILING it won't see the sending part ............. mine both had the wired type and worked great .... I agree the FM never worked very well .... I think the antennae is too small ....... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 10-05-2017 at 06:23 PM.