Spyder Garage

Default Tricled large brake pedel

Hi all

i ordered one of these larger brake pedals and not sure I like it.... Unlike the OEM pedal that wraps around the bracket, the one tricled is selling has a 3/4 in steel base and the the pad. This moves the pedal which I feel is already uncomfortable even further back meaning you have to move your foot even further back to step on it....

has anyone else found this to be true? Is there anyone else making a better one?

mark
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nyparrothead View Post
    Hi all

i ordered one of these larger brake pedals and not sure I like it.... Unlike the OEM pedal that wraps around the bracket, the one tricled is selling has a 3/4 in steel base and the the pad. This moves the pedal which I feel is already uncomfortable even further back meaning you have to move your foot even further back to step on it....

has anyone else found this to be true? Is there anyone else making a better one?

mark
    The other ones are basically the same so if you don't like the one from TricLed then you won't like the other ones, the others are very similar in size.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

The size of the pedal is great.. It's just a inch or so thicker than the OEM pedal...

mark

Spyder Garage

OEM, TricLed, Big bike parts. Big Bike Parts not as thick.
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Not sure...

Which is your ryde. Do you have floorboards etc. I made my own which just moved the original pad out and easy to reach. I have an extra one I made for a friend but he sold his GS...

Don't have the chrome pad that came from Kuryakyn... I have the original pad only. there are others making pedal i think.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Brake Pedal Mod

I took my F3 to a local metal fabrication shop and had the pedal moved out so my foot sits along the "A" frame and I rotate my foot outward to brake. It's much more comfortable on my ankle.... Much nicer setup.

Spyder Garage

Default Not true

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    The other ones are basically the same so if you don't like the one from TricLed then you won't like the other ones, the others are very similar in size.

Cruzr Joe
    The Big Bike Parts brake pedal is made just like the OEM pedal and does not raise the pedal at all.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Bert-RFD;1115964]The Big Bike Parts brake pedal is made just like the OEM pedal and does not raise the pedal at all.

It does not raise the pedal but it does bring it back further because it is a larger pedal.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

Default Width

[QUOTE=Cruzr Joe;1116050]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert-RFD View Post
    The Big Bike Parts brake pedal is made just like the OEM pedal and does not raise the pedal at all.

It does not raise the pedal but it does bring it back further because it is a larger pedal.

Cruzr Joe
    Your correct. The Big Bike Parts Pedal is 1/8" wider than the OEM.

Spyder Garage

I like the larger brake pedal from TricLed. My only wish is that I could buy a brake pedal extension for our 2015 RT-L from somewhere, to move the pad maybe 2" further forward. Be soooo much easier on my arthritic ankle.

If I remember right I saw where someone had fabbed a homemade one, but, although it worked (I think) it did look .. home made.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bert-RFD View Post
    I looked at the Big Bike part and I would like to give it a try but it is backordered with no in stock date

Mark

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I had a problem with needing custom length brake and shift linkages made from a #5 set to basically a #6 with another set of peg holes drilled for more leg room. After doing it, I didn't like the brake position at all, so had them reworked to include threaded adjustments to raise/lower the brake & shift lever angles. Now? MAGNIFICENT! Took some experimenting, but what an improvement. I bet if there was enough demand a certain garage that is all things SpyderLovers in Springfield Missouri might think about adding them to his list of goodies to offer in his toy store. I was desperate, and Lamont and Jacob really were a Godsend to help me solve my issue. And oh my....I fear the return visit to the toy store in a couple weeks; I know I won't have the strength to resist.

Spyder Garage

is this the one you are looking for? if so let me know, I took it back off my Spyder.

Cruzr Joe

Spyder Garage

No Joe, that's not the one. Never seen that ^^^^ before. Why did you take it off ?

Spyder Garage

Well, Big Bike got their pedal in stock and I have one in the mail? I am returning the Tricled version.. It is a well made unit, I am just looking for a lower profile replacement

Mark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HayRog View Post
    No Joe, that's not the one. Never seen that ^^^^ before. Why did you take it off ?

Went with the new one from Big Bike Parts, looks a little more stock and serves the same purpose.

Cruzr Joe

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Made my own adjustable linkage from the rod that came on the from the dealer. Got it lowered down so it is comfy with my new foot pegs and stirrups. Also extended the pedal out to go with the longer pegs. The brake pedal is stock in this pict. Moved it out 25mm. The pedal still looks stock.
    Love my Lincoln buzz box!