Thread: Spyder repair

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder repair

Can anyone in the Atlanta area recommend a dealer/ shop that can work on these I did a quick google search and the reviews on most are really bad. MY CEL blinked off and on then The LED screen said check Transmission I changed the oil everything seemed fine on my way to work today then the CEL only blinked on then went off thinking it needs to go to dealer???
    Last edited by Tweetys_Revenge; 04-12-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetys_Revenge View Post
    Can anyone in the Atlanta area recommend a dealer/ shop that can work on these I did a quick google search and the reviews on most are really bad. MY CEL blinked off and on then The LED screen said check Transmission I changed the oil everything seemed fine on my way to work today then the CEL only blinked on then went off thinking it needs to go to dealer???

A little more information about what year/model of may be helpful.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

2011 RT Se5 12500 miles

Spyder Garage

Default Did you try....

Removing the key walking away 30 to 45 min to let all systems reset..? Then restart and what comes up. The gear positioning sensor can be confused and this will happen. If there were any codes they would have been stored. Sometimes a light touch shift can cause this. If it comes back you will have to check the sensor...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Lots of luck! Mine is down since Sept. 2015. It's at the 3rd dealer. I'm ready to strip down and sell it for parts or sell it for a parts bike. A vehicle is only as good as it's availability of parts and service. This means, if can't get it fixed the vehicle worthless. Good luck!!!!!

Mike

Spyder Garage

I'm afraid to take mine to dealers in North GA. The last one before it changed hands, killed one trailer connector and two alarms systems. All were working before I took it in and all not after I picked up the bike. They did a transmission warranty repair but couldn't get it back together correctly a couple of times so it was leaking oil. They had to to do more transmission repairs which cost me about $1500. I got to SpyderFest in 2014 and after about ten miles of riding, the transmission light came on. Go figure?

My current dealer is an eleven hour drive away in Cuba, MO.

Spyder Garage

Default Update: I think it may be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    Lots of luck! Mine is down since Sept. 2015. It's at the 3rd dealer. I'm ready to strip down and sell it for parts or sell it for a parts bike. A vehicle is only as good as it's availability of parts and service. This means, if can't get it fixed the vehicle worthless. Good luck!!!!!

Mike

It maybe fixed. The tech called to day, he told me that he fixed it and he road it for a 1/2 hour in traffic and no codes. He must order a part and it will take a few day till it comes in. I will get back to you when I get my 2011 RSS SE5 Spyder.

Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Issue was a slipping clutch they rebuilt the clutch runs great now Extreme Propulsion Cartersville Ga.