Thread: Dog trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Dog trailer

We are looking for a dog trailer to pull behind our 2014 RT. If you have one that's collecting dust we would buy it. We would like to hear from you regarding tips on dog trailer buying.....that would be much appreciated......things like where to buy,what to look for etc. etc.?
    Spyder lovers Paul and Ricki from the banana belt of Ontario..

Ok spyderlovers where is my dog trailer.........If you are not using it dust it off and pm me that you have one for me and my dashies. Remember we pay cash money so C'mon send one my way
    Last edited by Holub; 04-21-2016 at 03:19 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

By your avatar, I assume you have a dachshund. Is that the dog you want the trailer for? If so, you may be able to arrange seating for it on the Spyder for a lot less cost.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Re dog trailer

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    By your avatar, I assume you have a dachshund. Is that the dog you want the trailer for? If so, you may be able to arrange seating for it on the Spyder for a lot less cost.

Thanks for the idea PrairieSpyder......I have 2 dashies to carry and also I like trailers

Spyder Garage

Default Did you try....

Google is your friend....I have seen many manufactured and custom. Some here have them and may chime in. I have seen them on ebay and amazon as well. You will have a good selection to choose from . Good luck they will have fun traveling in style....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DOG TRAILER

This co. sells one ...kompactkamptrailers.com , ........................Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Dog trailer

Try easyridercamper.com they make one just like ours and our English Setter has traveled over 7,000 miles in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

I looked for a long time and never could find one. So I made this one from a harbor freight trailer $300 and a go kart body. Works great. My dog loves it
    2014 Spyder RT-L Pearl White

Akrapovic Silencer, BajaRon Sway Bar/Links, BRP 23" Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Wind Deflector,
    BRP Heated Seat/Backrest, BRP Sirius, BRP Bluetooth Dongle, BRP Tri Axis Handlebars w/GPS,
    CD Brake Light Modulator, CD Short Antenna, Elka 1+r Shocks, ISCI Brake, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Cat Bypass, SP Bumpskid, SP Kott Grills, SP Belt Guard, Smooth Spyder Belt Tensioner

Spyder Garage

Default DOG LOVES IT

I would seriously consider some type of windshield.......The dog can't tell you how He really feels ......Mike

Spyder Garage

When he is asked if he wants to go for a motorcycle ride, and he jumps up wagging his tail and jumps into the trailer, I would say he loves it!! Thanks anyway for your unsolicited comment.

Akrapovic Silencer, BajaRon Sway Bar/Links, BRP 23" Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Wind Deflector,
    BRP Heated Seat/Backrest, BRP Sirius, BRP Bluetooth Dongle, BRP Tri Axis Handlebars w/GPS,
    CD Brake Light Modulator, CD Short Antenna, Elka 1+r Shocks, ISCI Brake, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Cat Bypass, SP Bumpskid, SP Kott Grills, SP Belt Guard, Smooth Spyder Belt Tensioner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holub View Post
    We are looking for a dog trailer to pull behind our 2014 RT. If you have one that's collecting dust we would buy it. We would like to hear from you regarding tips on dog trailer buying.....that would be much appreciated......things like where to buy,what to look for etc. etc.?
    Spyder lovers Paul and Ricki from the banana belt of Ontario..
    Thanks to all who responded regarding my dog trailer question. Your comments and suggestions are much appreciated. It really feels good to belong here on spyder lovers and have the support of thousands of caring members. Paul and Ricki

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Happy Shopping, and we can't wait to see your "dashies" will be riding in!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default UN-SOLICITED COMMENT ---- REALLY

Quote Originally Posted by Mtrprts View Post
    When he is asked if he wants to go for a motorcycle ride, and he jumps up wagging his tail and jumps into the trailer, I would say he loves it!! Thanks anyway for your unsolicited comment.
    If He gets hit the eye from a pebble thrown up from your Spyder or Japanese beetle, or any type of bug I HOPE His un-solicited response receives a better attitude from YOU............. I'm not going to appologize if I care more about your Pet's safety than you do...........Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 04-15-2016 at 10:56 AM.

Spyder Garage
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

Default dog trailer

I have a Wags trailer. Try wagstrailers.com

Pat "EAGLE27"

2016 F3 Limited
    Ultimate drivers backrest, baja ron sway bar, LED headlights, Wolo horn, highway pegs from Pitfall, trailer hitch and 590 GPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some information about the Kompact Kamp pet trailer...
    http://www.kompactkamptrailers.com/#!pet-trailer/c1dt3
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If He gets hit the eye from a pebble thrown up from your Spyder or Japanese beetle, or any type of bug I HOPE His un-solicited response receives a better attitude from YOU............. I'm not going to appologize if I care more about your Pet's safety than you do...........Mike
    Your comment had nothing to do with his eyes. You commented on if I knew if he liked riding and how I couldn't possible know that. And btw, he has doggles. Some people just have a deep need to comment on everything. It might surprise you to know that you are not the be all end all authority on everything some one post.
    Last edited by Mtrprts; 04-15-2016 at 07:12 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Dog Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Mtrprts View Post
    Your comment had nothing to do with his eyes. You commented on if I knew if he liked riding and how I couldn't possible know that. And btw, he has doggles. Some people just have a deep need to comment on everything. It might surprise you to know that you are not the be all end all authority on everything some one post.
    2015 RT-S SE Silver/Black