Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 Blue RidgeWind Shield keeps poping loose - Help!!

my F3 Blue Ridge wind shield keeps coming loose. No matter how much I try to tighten it just pops loose. Any tips to getting this to tighten up?? It pops up right where it sort of rests on the rail. I never understood how this is very secure because it just sorts of sits there. Any help would be good, pictures even better. The Dealer installed it about a year ago. I never liked the way it just sort of lays on the rail and you just sort of pressure secure it will the dark purple knobs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Mine was doing the same thing, lousy design. I use multiple size o ring to make it a flat washer, I have to use several of them to make it a tight fit.

Spyder Garage

You need to use a Large C Washer (Lowes/Home Depot) Between the Frame and the outer part.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riceman View Post
    Mine was doing the same thing, lousy design. I use multiple size o ring to make it a flat washer, I have to use several of them to make it a tight fit.
    I see Sarge mod with the rubber ring. Do you use metal C washer or rubber. Do you place yours in the same position??

Spyder Garage

Default Large rubber washer

I had the same problem. I bought a large rubber washer from Lowes ($1.50) and put it between the windshield bracket(outside) and the purple knob as you call it. The hole in the rubber washer was the right size to fit on the knob. Take the purple knob with you to Lowes and find one that fits your needs.

The reason for the half shape design is so that it can break away in the case of an accident where the rider goes over the handle bars.
    God bless those who serve/served our country!

Spyder Garage

Default Mounting Tape

I used 3M commercial grade heavy duty mounting tape rather than a washer.... It works great.

Spyder Garage

Default Wire tie?

I went the easy route and just used a black wire tie through bracket and rail with connection on the inside with excess trimmed close was nearly invisible, probably not the best way but was quick and easy!
    Phatjac

2015 F3s - sold
    2016 RTS - sold
    2016 F3 Ltd Special Series
    2016 RTS (wife's)

Spyder Garage

A standard rubber garden hose washer fits and will solve this.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you all putting your rubber washer in the same position as sarge? or under the half moon, under the part I have outlined?

Spyder Garage

Default Location of rubber washer

I put mine on the outside of the part you have outlined...between the part outlined and the purple knob.
    God bless those who serve/served our country!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ok I will give it a try. Just seems like it should be on the inside of the 1/2 moon where its wedged against a fixed object. However, I will try what everyone else has tried and also talked to the dealer to contact BRP for a better design. I almost lost my shield and caused an accident when it became detached going 80mph on the highway.

This design issue is probably the reason BRP never designed a larger wind shield for the F3 and F3-S.
    Last edited by Tazzel; 04-11-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

when I got home tonight I found 2 flat garden hose washers. Cut them open so I could just slip them in without removing the knobs. Tighten everything up. Shield seems to be nice and snug now even after a good shake.

Thanks everyone for the help!! Shame on BRP for not adding a simple washer to tighten everything up!!! I can just see a lawsuit in the making when one of these shields get yanked off an F3 at highway speeds!!

Spyder Garage

Default F3 screen

I put a zip-tie on both sides of my blue ridge screen ,for my own piece of mind Des

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    Ok I will give it a try. Just seems like it should be on the inside of the 1/2 moon where its wedged against a fixed object. However, I will try what everyone else has tried and also talked to the dealer to contact BRP for a better design. I almost lost my shield and caused an accident when it became detached going 80mph on the highway.

This design issue is probably the reason BRP never designed a larger wind shield for the F3 and F3-S.
    How did it almost become detached- Screws are holding the front of the windshield down if I remember right?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    How did it almost become detached- Screws are holding the front of the windshield down if I remember right?
    Where the dark purple knobs are, Shield unhooked at that point. Yes the smaller screws holding at the shield did not come detached but a good wind gust at 80mph would have easily yanked those screws out.