Spyder Garage

Default 2016 Spyderfest - Indiana

Thought I'd start this thread again (2016 version)

If you're going to Spyderfest this year, just jump in and say so and in a couple of weeks, after we see who all has responded, perhaps we could set a meet-up day/time just to catch up (or get introduced).

I'll try to remember to get back on this thread on Monday, April 25th to begin to nail this down.

Hope to see a lot of you checking in...
    F3S Steel Black Metallic
    Former owner of '12 RT-S SE-5 and '09 GS SM5

Spyder Garage

OK, I'll jump in. Jackie and I are leaving Tuesday afternoon, ride till we get tired and stopping for the night. We'll arrive in Springfield sometime on Wednesday.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Jerry, Rod and I are planning on leaving on the 19th or the 20th for St. Louis. Rod wants to take all back roads. Should be a great scenic trip however the GPS show 25 hours that's without any stops. So will probably spend a couple days on the road getting to St. Louis. We plan on heading for Springfield on the 25th or 26th. See at the hotel.

ToM
    Simplify
    Life is good
    Life is Great
    ToM

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks like this thread will get more response than the similar one I started on Indiana Spyder Riders in January. Nuff said.
    This will be our first SpyderFest. We'll be staying @The Best Western Coach House. Linda & I plan is to depart about 9AM on Tuesday, 4/26. We'll get on 465S @the W. 71st entrance. Guestimating a 9 hour ride(465 mile)on the super slab with gas stops and a lunch break.(We're NOT Ironbutters) Planning dinner in Springfield, MO. Right now, our plan is to head home Sunday; but a number of factors might make us depart on Saturday.
    Feel free to join us. Thanks Slagiatt for getting the wheel rolling.
    Mike
    Last edited by MikeT; 04-12-2016 at 05:32 PM.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE RIDE IN

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    Looks like this thread will get more response than the similar one I started on Indiana Spyder Riders in January.
    This will be our first SpyderFest. We'll be staying @The Best Western Coach House. Linda & I plan is to depart about 9AM on Tuesday, 4/26. We'll get on 465S @the W. 71st entrance. Guestimating a 9 hour ride(465 mile)on the super slab with gas stops and a lunch break.(We're NOT Ironbutters) Planning dinner in Springfield, MO. Right now, our plan is to head home Sunday; but a number of factors might make us depart on Saturday.
    Feel free to join us. Thanks Slagitt for getting the wheel rolling.
    Mike
    On your way in, if your timing doesn't work exactly as planned, and you are a bit behind.......Cuba Mo. is not only the home of COWTOWN ..................But also MO-HICKS and I can vouch that it is really really good ...............I plan on stopping there on my way in..........Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Glad to see the responses

I'll be getting in Weds evening, hopefully early enough to get registered at Pitbull. I'll be exercising my MasterCard at the Vendor site, but other than that, have no specific plans. I plan to stay until Sunday, but Saturday a.m. departure is a possibility...

Just to get the suggestions started, what if we met for lunch on Friday...something simple, say, Bob Evans (which is close to all of the hotels.) Anybody interested in that idea? It looks like everyone will be there on Friday.

Feel free to throw out other suggestions...it's all good.

13 days and 9 hours till departure...
    F3S Steel Black Metallic
    Former owner of '12 RT-S SE-5 and '09 GS SM5