Spyder Garage

Default Best way to lift F3 to install baharon sway bar?

So I ordered the sway bar today. I have read I need to lift the front 22 inches. What is the best way to do this? I have a floor jack, ramps (that only lift about 8 inches) and jack stands. Do the wheels need to be free hanging? Any input would be appreciated on the best way to do this. Thanks

Spyder Garage

The wheels do not have to be hanging. I used some aluminum ATV ramps on the back of my trailer. I drove my wife's F3 up, so that the front end of the bike was high enough, and then put on the parking brake. Her F3 didn't move at all during the process.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    The wheels do not have to be hanging. I used some aluminum ATV ramps on the back of my trailer. I drove my wife's F3 up, so that the front end of the bike was high enough, and then put on the parking brake. Her F3 didn't move at all during the process.

Cool. I thanks. I actually have ate ramps as well

Spyder Garage

I will be doing this same farkle in the near future. I already have the sway bar... just need to find the time to swap it out with the old one. From my understanding, you need the 22 inches from the factory sway bar, not from the bottom of the wheels. I have seen some other posts on here saying people were driving their spyder on ramps set on the tailgate of a truck to get the necessary height for the sway bar install.
    2015 Spyder F3-S

Spyder Garage

Default need to know

Hi everyone I bought my F3 last Aug and have put 4000 Km on it and love it. My problem is I live in a condo and have limited space to park my bike and my car. It all fits but the bike sits sideways and if the people to the left and right are parked I can't get it out. I was going to get go wheels the the car people use to push cars around with but seem expensive. I'm looking at getting this lift so I can move the bike around to get
    it out of my parking spot. Where do I lift it from or does anyone have a better idea.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by z_light11 View Post
    I will be doing this same farkle in the near future. I already have the sway bar... just need to find the time to swap it out with the old one. From my understanding, you need the 22 inches from the factory sway bar, not from the bottom of the wheels. I have seen some other posts on here saying people were driving their spyder on ramps set on the tailgate of a truck to get the necessary height for the sway bar install.
    That sounds like an easy way for me to do it. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Attached Images Attached Images

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    What exactly am I looking at?

Spyder Garage

I placed two 6 foot ramps on my truck tailgate, put on my brake and chocked the rear wheel. Had plenty of room!

mark
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cajunshredder View Post
    What exactly am I looking at?

The best way to lift a spyder to install the sway bar. Exactly what the original post asked. Thats a pic of my F3 sitting on my BendPak lift. Full access for sway bar removal and much safer than working on the bike while sitting on 2x4s or on a jack.
    Last edited by jcthorne; 04-11-2016 at 08:07 AM.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default LOL

JC, might be the best way, also the safest way, but short of stacking bundles of money, the most expensive way!! Beautiful lift. One of the best pictures of the underside of an F3 taken. Look closely: where the main frame crosses the U channel the sway bar lives in is where you jack it up. For the poster who wants to move the bike around in a stall: it works ok. Still a bit of muscle required, but you can do it. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    JC, might be the best way, also the safest way, but short of stacking bundles of money, the most expensive way!! Beautiful lift. One of the best pictures of the underside of an F3 taken. Look closely: where the main frame crosses the U channel the sway bar lives in is where you jack it up. For the poster who wants to move the bike around in a stall: it works ok. Still a bit of muscle required, but you can do it. Joe

Yeah I WISH I had a lift like that!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I think this is considered 'CHEATING'!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...