Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Any DIY owners in Whidbey Island area?

I recently moved to Whidbey Island and am in need of a new rear tire. I prefer to purchase a Michelin and have it mounted, but the nearest dealership wants to charge me $250 for labor. So I'm looking for someone who does this kind of thing on the side that lives in the area. I'm willing to pay of course, and assist so that I may learn the process. It sure it beautiful up here!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Imnotlost View Post
    I recently moved to Whidbey Island and am in need of a new rear tire. I prefer to purchase a Michelin and have it mounted, but the nearest dealership wants to charge me $250 for labor. So I'm looking for someone who does this kind of thing on the side that lives in the area. I'm willing to pay of course, and assist so that I may learn the process. It sure it beautiful up here!

Welcome, if you have the tire already, remove the rear tire and sprocket, and hub; take to your local tire place and they will mount it for you.

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Sorry, don't know any mech. up there. I was stationed on Whidbey in 1980 -1981. Love Deception Pass
    and all the scenic roads there. Because of growth and such, well... I wish you could have seen it then.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

Was that the dealership in Mount Vernon? Known for being a good dealership. That seems rather extreme. Different dealerships in Spokane area charged me a little over $100. Took a little over an hour but let them have the over night so they could do it at their convenience.
    2015 RTSE, Red Pearl, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Rear Rack, Deer Whistles, BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Imnotlost View Post
    I had two Seattle area dealers quote close to 250 for changing tire. Clem's in Enumclaw did it for $90. I think they recently went up to $100.
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White, Mfg. date 1/28/2014
    BRP heated seat, BRP backrest, SpyderFlap, Tricled mirror turn signals, KOTT Grills, BRP adjustable side air vent, Bumpskid, Bajaron sway bar and heim links, Spyderpops belt guard, Tricled day lighters, Tricled fender LEDs, CD HMT running/brake LEDs

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thank you all for you input. I will look up this dealer in Enumclaw and see if they still have that great price.

Spyder Garage

Lifestyles Honda in mt Vernon are also a large Spyder dealership, worth giving them a call.

Spyder Garage

Default Tire

Welcome to the area, I'm down in Olympia and Paulsons just opened a Can Am dealership here in Jan. Might check with them. I (and some friends) changed my back tire ourselves and it cost around $160 including the price of the tire. Have fun. Ihave bought new tires for the front and was quoted from Les Swaub (of all places) thet they would remove tires from trike, change tires and balance for $50 with me furnishing the tires. Going to do that real soon.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I simply do not have the facilities to change or even remove my rear tire. I did call Clem's and their rate is now $140 to remove and replace a tire if I carry one in. That's a full $100 less than either of the other dealers so I'll be making a trip down there. The best price I've found for the Kumho is from Discount Tire for $122 out the door.

If anyone has a line on a comparable tire for a lower cost than that, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Otherwise I'll be hauling a Kumho from Discount Tire down to Enunclaw to have it replaced. Thank you all for your inputs.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like to learn how to replace my tires too, I live here in Oak harbor .
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod