Spyder Garage

Default 2010 rt-s trade in values

Hello

I was wondering how to determine a good trade in value of my rt. Is the kbb price reasonable or do dealers low ball u? How does add on help, hurt? I've upgraded the sway bar and placed expensive Elka's on as well as a nice ultimate seat, highway pegs and revocation drive floor boards. Am I better installing all the original parts and sell them separately? Any ideas would be appreciated.

I'm looking at the F3 limited. I told myself since my baby is paid off I'd ride it into the ground. But then the f3 came out last year and it was a perfect fit since I don't tour just cruise to work ect but was able to steer clear do too not having a radio. Well this year they of course added the option and the special black version is gorgeous so now I got the bug again. Why do I always want new toys? Hmmm ooh well.

Thanks for your time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TroyboyRn View Post
    Hello

I was wondering how to determine a good trade in value of my rt. Is the kbb price reasonable or do dealers low ball u? How does add on help, hurt? I've upgraded the sway bar and placed expensive Elka's on as well as a nice ultimate seat, highway pegs and revocation drive floor boards. Am I better installing all the original parts and sell them separately? Any ideas would be appreciated.

I'm looking at the F3 limited. I told myself since my baby is paid off I'd ride it into the ground. But then the f3 came out last year and it was a perfect fit since I don't tour just cruise to work ect but was able to steer clear do too not having a radio. Well this year they of course added the option and the special black version is gorgeous so now I got the bug again. Why do I always want new toys? Hmmm ooh well.

Thanks for your time

The KBB and NADA values are pretty good ball park--are supposed to take into account your particular area. Check your area for other used and see what is happening. Some bad news, accessories usually account for 50% to zero value. One's accessories are not necessarily another's desires. Most dealers do not take them into account when coming up with a trade in value. Many owners pull off the expensive accessories and sell them separately--starting at 50% valuation.

Good luck in your hunt.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info.

One additional question. How much wiggle room have people found with dealers about price. This is my first time shopping for a new spyder. I bought my last from a local dealer which was s demo model and they weren't very flexible. I live in appleton wi. And there is also a dealership in Johnson creek. A much bigger dealer. Robs motor sports I believe it's called. Would taking the time to drive 2 plus hours be worth the effort or are prices pretty uniform?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

JMHO
    Larger volume dealers can usually do better on price.

Spyder Garage

Hello

Thanks for your time

P M sent!
    Last edited by lou49; 04-08-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hello

Thanks for your time

Your best bet is to remove what you can as said~ most dealers only give stock $ for trade-ins. On another note Call around at least a few dealers & get prices. Then after that call back with a lower price. See who calls you back. I have made purchases from Robs performance with a good experience.But not Spyder. if this helps. I think they are also a site sponsor as well.

Spyder Garage

It will be favorable for you if you know what's the minimum you'll take for your bike, that way if the try to low ball you, you won't hesitate to say no!

When they ask me if I have a bike to trade in say no! Work out the deal and before you sign anything, ask them if they want to buy your bike! If they say no ( which I doubt ) tell them to put everything on hold till you sell your bike!

Also consider that those bikes are selling like hot cakes! So don't let a deal go pass you just for a few hundred dollars!
    Something else to consider is that you pay less taxes with the trade in! On the 15 year model they are offering 0% interests or up to 2500.00 rebate till the end of the month! Good luck!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info.

One additional question. How much wiggle room have people found with dealers about price. This is my first time shopping for a new spyder. I bought my last from a local dealer which was s demo model and they weren't very flexible. I live in appleton wi. And there is also a dealership in Johnson creek. A much bigger dealer. Robs motor sports I believe it's called. Would taking the time to drive 2 plus hours be worth the effort or are prices pretty uniform?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lots of wiggle room to sweeten the price. Free or discounted accessories at time of sale. Extended Warranty. Free break-in service. Don't pay for freight or dealer set up. An add on that most try to get away with. DOC fees over $100. They have a program and just push print once the data is entered.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-08-2016 at 04:40 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Going in with a bike to trade?
    Be prepared!

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Lots of wiggle room to sweeten the price. Free or discounted accessories at time of sale. Extended Warranty. Free break-in service. Don't pay for freight or dealer set up. An add on that most try to get away with. DOC fees over $100. They have a program and just push print once the date is entered.