Spyder Garage

Default 2009 gs, Sport rack with Givi bags

I am looking at a used set of Givi bags and mounts off a 2008 Spyder. On a 2009 Can am Spyder will the Givi bags and mounts fit with a Can Am sport rack. thanks Jim

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jbuffalo View Post
    I am looking at a used set of Givi bags and mounts off a 2008 Spyder. On a 2009 Can am Spyder will the Givi bags and mounts fit with a Can Am sport rack. thanks Jim
    I have what you want...

Email me spyder@csolve.net

Spyder Garage

Yep, the Givi bags and mounts work just fine with the sport rack.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Veni, vidi, discessit

Potius sero quam nunquam

Spyder Garage

Default sport rack and Givi bags 2009 gs

Thanks for the reply. How do they attach at the top. I have a smooth spyder back rest that uses the two top holes(stock plastic rivets)under the seat for the rear body panels on each side.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jbuffalo View Post
    Thanks for the reply. How do they attach at the top. I have a smooth spyder back rest that uses the two top holes(stock plastic rivets)under the seat for the rear body panels on each side.
    It's a little tight but the givi racks do fit when you have the smoothspyder fitted.

The front part of the givi mounts further forward than the SmoothSpyder so that's easy - it's also a two part mount which makes things easier still.

The back doesn't mount to the same point but it does 'cover' it. However there's a big hole in the givi mount just where the plastic rivet would have been before you put the bolt though so that's relatively easy as well - it's just a bit fiddling getting the bolt, givi mount, backrest all lined up and the nut on the end. The bolt supplied with the SmoothSpder will work (that's what I used) but you may want to use a slightly longer one to make it easier - though obviously it can't be too much longer or it will clash with the seat.

I'll go and take some photos and post if they are any use.

Spyder Garage

Picture 1 shows the two backrest mounts. You can see the front one (green arrow) doesn't change but the back one has the givi mount under it (red arrow). The Givi mount actually fixes further back under the hinge of the seat - can't get a photo of that without removing the seat strut to lift the seat higher.

Picture 2 shows the front of the givi mount (blue arrows) and how it's not near the backrest mount (green arrow). Also shows how this section of the Givi mount is split into two parts which makes things easier.

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

PS In the instructions for the SmoothSpyder it suggests cutting a bit out on the rear body panels where the holes for the plastic rivets are so the panels can be push fit at the top. I didn't do this at first and learnt why it was a really good idea when I next had to remove them. If you don't then you have to remove the bolts and they are a pain in the neck to get back in with everything aligned - learnt my lesson there:-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If I could find a set at the right price I might jump on a set!

Custom stock height carbon fiber wind screen
    Lamonster " custom" Spyder trunk decal
    Tricled Super white mini bulbs
    Tricled Cat eyes
    Spyderpops missing belt guard
    Custom Spyder Decals
    Carbon wheels
    PHANTOM * many other mods done *
    *Member of the Woodstock spyder ryders *

Spyder Garage

Default bags and sport rack and smoothspyder backrest

Thank you all for your time(and the pictures). Looks like I can go ahead. Jim