Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    With all due respect, the sensor is NOT placed near the intake. .
    Why would you expect them to place it where the heat of the engine would make the readings useless?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Why would you expect them to place it where the heat of the engine would make the readings useless?
    100% agree! That's why mine is FORWARD of the engine compartment, in fresh air, but protected from foreign object damage.
    1. Check fluids & tire pressures.
    2. Start bike.
    3. Hold on.
    4. Full throttle.
    5. Repeat 3-5.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Remember: it needs to be in "still" air...

Spyder Garage

Remember: it needs to be in "still" air...
    I disagree. It is a temp/pressure sensor, but if you are not COMPRESSING the air, you will remain negligible to static air pressure.

Next time I take her dress off, i'll post a pic.
    2. Start bike.
    3. Hold on.
    4. Full throttle.
    5. Repeat 3-5.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by almosthere View Post
    Ok everyone's got an opinion. I get that almost no one really cares about what time or temp it really is. The guy that started this thread just asked a simple question. 1) Dose anyone else have the same flaw? and 2) Has anyone heard of a fix for it? Give him a break. I for one have the same temp error< 2015 RT-S SE6 Today bike said it was 32 degrees and the outside thermometer said it was only 23. I too still rode to work on the bike. I just set the clock and calendar for the first time 3 days ago so not sure on that point. If BRP didn't want to put a accurate time or temp display on their machine why did they bother to put them their at all.
    I totally agree, the inaccuracies do nothing to damper my ride, but you would think for the price and pride of things, they could get it right on 2 out of 3. JMHO
    Last edited by Netminder; 04-06-2016 at 11:19 AM.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    I totally agree, the inaccuracies do nothing to damper my ride, but you with think for the price and pride of things, they could get it right on 2 out of 3. JMHO
    Very well put.
    2. Start bike.
    3. Hold on.
    4. Full throttle.
    5. Repeat 3-5.

Spyder Garage

Some folks just aren't happy; if they're not miserable...

Give a person a piece of bread and they want two. Give them two and they want Ham in the middle. Give them Ham and they want lettuce. Give them lettuce and the want tomato also. Give them mustard and they also want ???

Well you get the idea. Some people always want more than they have and they want it for free. Sound familiar?

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Jack,
    When I come visit you: please remind me to take my coffee black, and without sugar!

No worries Bob I know you can't eat Sugar anyway!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Next time I take her dress off, i'll post a pic.
    We ARE talking about your Spyder; aren't we??

I do respectfully disagree... even though I certainly don't know much about this....
    Since pressure is being read; the air should not have any significant amount of movement going on...
    What is "significant"?

Spyder Garage

On the speedo (not that it really matters anyway as I don't worry about a few mph off) but I mentioned early in this thread, at least for me, only the digital display is off, the analog speedo seems to be right on with the GPS and a few mph less than digital. Don't know if that matters but it would be nice if at least the 2 speedometers on the dash matched each other.
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is not a big problem: just average the two readings, and you should only be off by a couple of MORE miles Per Hour!

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

Give a person a piece of bread and they want two. Give them two and they want Ham in the middle. Give them Ham and they want lettuce. Give them lettuce and the want tomato also. Give them mustard and they also want ???

Well you get the idea. Some people always want more than they have and they want it for free. Sound familiar?

​Jack
    Hahaha!
    Brother Jack, I was just looking over your mods on your profile.... Would you like any GREY POUPON on your sandwich?

My Mods:Garmin 665 with X4 antennae, Xm radio, WX, Traffic
    BRP hitch and wiring
    BRP Garmin mount
    Matching rt 622 trailer (viper red)
    harness for heated gear
    Comfort Seat
    Sheepskin cover
    Bumpskid
    Baja Ron Bar

I didn't get my single slice of bread for free, and yes, I'm gonna make a "Dagwood" every chance I get! Free mods, or expensive- I think everyone strives for better, in their own way.

Thanks for the humor. I needed a good laugh today!
    2. Start bike.
    3. Hold on.
    4. Full throttle.
    5. Repeat 3-5.

Spyder Garage

We ARE talking about your Spyder; aren't we??

I do respectfully disagree... even though I certainly don't know much about this....
    Since pressure is being read; the air should not have any significant amount of movement going on...
    What is "significant"?
    She didn't hiccup at 105 mph....
    2. Start bike.
    3. Hold on.
    4. Full throttle.
    5. Repeat 3-5.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

She didn't hiccup at 105 mph....
    But I doubt that "she" would anyway...

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rwc View Post
    When I lay down good money for something I EXPECT it to work as it is supposed to and be accurate.
    I hate to be the bearer of disagreeable news, but the Spyder speedo DOES work like it is supposed to! Federal and International regulation PROHIBIT a speedo showing a speed less than actual. They allow the speedo to show a speed UP TO 10% greater than actual. I quoted the regs here. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...l=1#post955980

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

​Jack

"And they want it for free"?????? I don't call $31k free.

Spyder Garage

Default Inaccuracy

Fact is they may be in keeping with Federal standing. Every one can find a way to ignore the inaccuracies and continue to ride safe, Fact is that when you pay the amount of money that we have all paid for our Spyders and the product has so many flaws and inaccuracies YOU HAVE BEEN CHEATED!! I don't care how you work around the flaws They Should Not Be There if the manufacturer had any pride in their product.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got a simple suggestion for the folks who feel that BRP is robbing them of their hard-earned money:
    Sell your bike, and get something that you CAN stand to ride!
    Face it: you didn't buy the bike to be miserable; find one that lifts your spirits, and makes you regret having to climb off of it at the end of a ride.

You'll be happier, and we'll be happier for you!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 04-06-2016 at 05:19 PM.

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default You're right

Quote Originally Posted by rwc View Post
    Fact is they may be in keeping with Federal standing. Every one can find a way to ignore the inaccuracies and continue to ride safe, Fact is that when you pay the amount of money that we have all paid for our Spyders and the product has so many flaws and inaccuracies YOU HAVE BEEN CHEATED!! I don't care how you work around the flaws They Should Not Be There if the manufacturer had any pride in their product.
    the very same thing can be said about Ford, GM, Dodge, Toyota, Honda, Harley Davidson, Yamaha, Kawasaki......shall I go on? They're all mechanical marvels that rely on a lot of different manufacturers that don't give a damn other than their bottom line. Don't blame BRP. They're no better or worse than every other manufacturer. JMHO WTFDIK

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Bob, I usually try to stay out of any pissing matches on here,especially with you, but seriously? No one said they were getting robbed or that we can't stand riding our spyders. I myself am proud that this machine is made in my home province. As well no one said they were miserable because of these small issues. Most people just stressed that these problems could be resolved for the price we pay for these machines. I love my spyder and enjoy every minute on it , I love my Toyota Camry also, but I paid good money for both and if there is certain things that I feel could be improved, I think I have every right to say so? JMHO
    Last edited by Netminder; 04-06-2016 at 05:41 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Re-read the post above mine, and tell me where "you have been cheated" lands on the map?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Even though I do not feel like I " have been cheated" I think he has every right to say he feels that way. He paid for that right! But as I said just my opinion. For whatever it is worth.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteveFL View Post
    On the speedo (not that it really matters anyway as I don't worry about a few mph off) but I mentioned early in this thread, at least for me, only the digital display is off, the analog speedo seems to be right on with the GPS and a few mph less than digital. Don't know if that matters but it would be nice if at least the 2 speedometers on the dash matched each other.
    Odd... my 2011 the digital matches the analog 100%. Even made a video showing it since this came up before.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rtlister View Post
    My 2014 Spyder RT Limited's speedometer is off (compared to the speed on the GPS) 2 mph . The thermometer is always off by 7 degrees and the clock runs so fast, I have to reset it about every 2 weeks. Is this just mine or are there others of you having the same issue? And does anyone know of a fix? Thanks
    Time flies when you're having fun!! When I ride I am usually very unconcerned about the time. Rest of life I have to be very time oriented so when I'm on the bike last thing I want to do is check the time.

Spyder Garage

With all due respect, the sensor is NOT placed near the intake. It is placed in a "dead air" location, on the right side if the frunk, where at times, is greater than 20 degrees off from air entering the motor, and slow to react. I agree, the purpose is for the ECM, and moving it to where it more accurately represents the air entering the throttle bodies. So, now I have and ACCURATE reading of the temperature AND so does the ECM.
    I'm only concerned when the ambient temperature gets to 128 and my engine light comes on...I checked and found no errors. No issue with the engine...when it drops down I turn the engine off and wait a few before turning back on. Engine light does not come back on..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk