Spyder Garage

Default 622 trailer tire replacement

Anyone find a good deal, notice both of mine need replacing.

BTW Tony just came out of the closet.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pitzerwm; 04-04-2016 at 05:37 PM.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

I just went to a local tire shop and got 2 new tires mounted and balanced for $125.00, they are basic trailer tires, you might have to remove them from the trailer because the tire shop is not equipped to jack up that small of a trailer.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Tires

I just did the same thing as Joe just before heading out to Spyder on the Bayou. A local independent tire dealer mounted and balanced two Carlisle tires for $90.10. But I just took them the two wheels and tires.

The OEM's had at least 48K on them and plenty of tread left. There was some dry rot starting to show up in the bottoms of the tread grooves, but they had a May of 2009 build date.

Headed to Spyderfest and then New England this July and felt better with new trailer tires.

Mike in KY

Spyder Garage

Default OEM tires

Bill,
    Discount tire carries the exact OEM tire for 35 bucks. Read the name and size. We replaced Ann's for the price of one from the dealer! At that price, get new every 3 or 4 years! Do the bearings and bearing buddies at the same time. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by metman View Post
    I just did the same thing as Joe just before heading out to Spyder on the Bayou. A local independent tire dealer mounted and balanced two Carlisle tires for $90.10. But I just took them the two wheels and tires.

The OEM's had at least 48K on them and plenty of tread left. There was some dry rot starting to show up in the bottoms of the tread grooves, but they had a May of 2009 build date.

Headed to Spyderfest and then New England this July and felt better with new trailer tires.

Mike in KY
    Wth all that you may wann pack the bearing while tires are off

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

If one wanted to put car tires on the trailer, what size would they be?

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    If one wanted to put car tires on the trailer, what size would they be?
    It may not make much difference on these small trailers, but there are some real serious reasons why you don't want to use car tires on a trailer. Do some Googling. I don't recall what the reasons are, but they made sense to me.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    It may not make much difference on these small trailers, but there are some real serious reasons why you don't want to use car tires on a trailer. Do some Googling. I don't recall what the reasons are, but they made sense to me.

I googled and found nothing that would preclude using car tires on a 622. DOT even says that if you do, reduce the rated load rating by 10%. Most of the argument was about heavy boat&trailers, the sidewall thing was a big question. When you can get a cheap trailer tire(4.80x12) with a rim at Walmart, for $30-$40, I'm thinking that a $40 car tire with a load rating greater than you would ever have in our trailers should be a safer bet.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    I googled and found nothing that would preclude using car tires on a 622. DOT even says that if you do, reduce the rated load rating by 10%. Most of the argument was about heavy boat&trailers, the sidewall thing was a big question. When you can get a cheap trailer tire(4.80x12) with a rim at Walmart, for $30-$40, I'm thinking that a $40 car tire with a load rating greater than you would ever have in our trailers should be a safer bet.
    Buy the cheap trailer from Wally, put the tire on your 622 rim and toss WM rim!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)