Thread: Confused

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Confused

Does anyone know if the F3 "Attitude" handlebars are the same as the closest (to the rider) holes on the uFit systems at the dealers?

Spyder Garage

Default no

they have you lean forward slightly and the grips are angled rather than the "straight across" grips on the standard bars.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I bought a set of Attitude handlebars and there is for me a major problem with them. The bars on full lock touch the fuel tank paintwork and may/will mark it over time. I took mine off and reverted to stock.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Excuse my ignorance but

Quote Originally Posted by Sydermon View Post
    I bought a set of Attitude handlebars and there is for me a major problem with them. The bars on full lock touch the fuel tank paintwork and may/will mark it over time. I took mine off and reverted to stock.
    Couldn't you loosen and raise (tilt) them a bit to clear the tank?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try rotating them in the clamps.
    The Attitude bars look as if they've got more "sweep" to the bar ends. They're definitely not as flat as the other choices.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Try rotating them in the clamps.
    The Attitude bars look as if they've got more "sweep" to the bar ends. They're definitely not as flat as the other choices.
    You have very minimal movement to rotate them as they have a lug that stops them moving too far, and yes they do mark the bike.
    I have someone looking at making me a cradle, similar to a riser block to lift them a little
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How big is that "Lug"?
    Can you grind it off?

Spyder Garage

Default cabinet bumpers

I stuck on two small clear cabinet bumpers for where they hit the tank.

2015 F3 , Pearl White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

And this is OEM for crying out loud. Don't they test their own equipment???? Geezzz!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I too tried the attitude bars and took them off. Found the lean forward riding position really hurt my neck and shoulders after a while. Putting the stock bar back on felt MUCH better after living with the attitude for a few weeks.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vdoman View Post
    And this is OEM for crying out loud. Don't they test their own equipment???? Geezzz!
    Back in the Mid-eighties: I worked a second job at a Honda and Kawasaki Dealership...
    (Talk about being a "Kid in a candy store"!)
    Anyway; Honda put indexing marks on just about every control, and the marks had to line up, or we got "talked to"...
    Of course: my personal ride (1983 GL110-I), had none of the controls where the factory said that they should be, and the bike fit me rather well... I put over 50,000 miles on it, in just five years!
    Do what you have to do, to make it work: there's nothing out there, that can't be worked-around!

Spyder Garage

It's all just a question of preference and your size. I'm 190cm tall and the Attitude bars are perfect for me. I tried them with the UFit setup and they instantly felt right. Try finding a dealer who has the UFit and try for yourself.
    And don't worry about them touching the tank...they only do a little bit (just plastic on plastic anyway...) and only in maximum steering (which never would happen while driving). I never even realized it until reading the thread!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wippi01 View Post
    It's all just a question of preference and your size. I'm 190cm tall and the Attitude bars are perfect for me. I tried them with the UFit setup and they instantly felt right. Try finding a dealer who has the UFit and try for yourself.
    And don't worry about them touching the tank...they only do a little bit (just plastic on plastic anyway...) and only in maximum steering (which never would happen while driving). I never even realized it until reading the thread!
    How do you know on the uFit if it's the attitude setup? Is it the holes closest to the rider?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

If I remember correctly, it was the hole the farthest away from the rider... But your dealer should be able to tell you!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wippi01 View Post
    I agree. My husband has the standard bars which work great for him, and i have the attitude which are great for me. When we switch rides so that the other person can see their ride, we both get off and go "ick!" because we don't like the handlebar switch

2015 F3 , Pearl White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default easy reach bars

I,m only short but I was having trouble with my neck hurting with the stock bars after a few thousand kms on my F3s
    I purchased the easy reach bars which is closer to me and therefore sits me up straighter,I found this so much better for me,have done 1000 kms with the new bars so all good.
    Another thing I did was move the foot pegs forward one notch so my legs are further up front.
    Although it feels great,I believe I have lost a bit of control in the corners,not so locked in as I was with standard.
    Not going to change back at this stage but something to think about.

Spyder Garage

The ones closest to the rider are called "short reach" bars (I just installed those this evening, love them so far).
    I believe the attitude bars are the farthest holes from the rider.
    2015 Spyder F3-S SM6