Spyder Garage

Default Detailing the Spyder

I have a quick question regarding my Spyder RTL. What are folks using to polish or wax their Spyder. In the 90`s I used Honda polish for my Goldwing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Russ

Spyder Garage

I been using the same stuff I use on my cars, Meguiars Ultimate Paste wax: http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-ult...paste-wax.html

I like that unlike conventional wax, this synthetic stuff doesn't leave that annoying white residue on the black plastic you inevitably get it on.

Spyder Garage

Default Wax

For a quick shine I use pledge furniture wax. Goes on easy and wipes off easy. Bob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RussRT View Post
    I have a quick question regarding my Spyder RTL. What are folks using to polish or wax their Spyder. In the 90`s I used Honda polish for my Goldwing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Russ
    I have used the Honda wax on all three of my spyders. works excellent

Spyder Garage

Default Detailing Spyder

I use Glare Blast, camo- adaptive technology ,works on Gloss and flat paints. (Glare.com.) Works great on my spyder rt 14 gray
    4 RTL , RTL 14- Value Acc full size pedal RTL 14 RTL Satin Gray,

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Use Turtle wax ice for waxing the spyder leaves no white residue. For a quick detail in between rides I use Lamonster Garage Black Diamond deatailer.
    Black Diamond Detailer is the best thing I have used yet on the spyder.

Spyder Garage

Meguiars final inspection #34,use it like furniture polish.Spray it on and wipe off.Great also for removing bugs.You can use it on the windshield also.Always carry a small spray bottle with me.Leaves a shine and protection but it is not a wax and doesn't contain silicone like a lot of these detail sprays.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I think this is a question of personal choice. I ran a detailing business for many years and was a big fan of 3m products, but now I mainly use what I have on hand for my car. So many good products out there, find one you like and is easy to work with. Long as it makes leaves a good shine and protective coating!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Here's what I use....

If really gritty, I wash it by hand with a good wash additive to the bucket of warm water.

The wash I use is Turtle Wax Rinse Free and Wax - it's a good once over, dry it, and looks great. I don't always follow it up with the spray wax.

The quick wax I use is Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax....it seems the bugs come off a little easier when I utilize this as well...

There are a lot of choices out there, but after a couple years and 26,000 miles on our 2014 RT L , the bike still looks new. I also use the Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish - leaves a great shine!

Good luck with your Spyder and the choices you make to keep it clean!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 04-03-2016 at 11:28 AM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default This is what I use

2012 RSS (Wife's)
    2015 F3S (Mine)

Spyder Garage

I was using meguiars products until I purchased Lamont's black Dymond detailer and black trim renew. Have met Lamont a few times over the years and his products are outstanding. I just as soon give my money to him as some big company.

Spyder Garage

i was using any spray on wax i had in the garage.
    i just tried Lamonster Garage Black Dymond detailer . very impressed
    Attached Images Attached Images

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

I've used Protect All with carnauba wax to clean everything for many years. Works on any material and surface, including Plexiglas. It clears through the bugs in no time, and it cleans, polishes, and waxes with a single application. Does not leave a residue. I love the stuff. When I owned a plane, I used to buy it by the case.

Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've used Pledge, and Meguiar's Quick Detailer in the past...
    This year: I'm trying "Black Diamond"...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Lamonster included a free bottle of his black diamond detailer when I bought my web pegs. I was very impressed right off the bat.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&Teresa View Post
    If really gritty, I wash it by hand with a good wash additive to the bucket of warm water.

The wash I use is Turtle Wax Rinse Free and Wax - it's a good once over, dry it, and looks great. I don't always follow it up with the spray wax.

The quick wax I use is Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax....it seems the bugs come off a little easier when I utilize this as well...

There are a lot of choices out there, but after a couple years and 26,000 miles on our 2014 RT L , the bike still looks new. I also use the Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish - leaves a great shine!

I really like the Lucas spray mist speed wax. Goes on and wipes off easily, and it smells good too.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Detailing My Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by RussRT View Post
    I have a quick question regarding my Spyder RTL. What are folks using to polish or wax their Spyder. In the 90`s I used Honda polish for my Goldwing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Russ
    I personally use ProtectAll for my Spyder and my Harley. After using so many others, ProtectAll has pleased me the most. I also use it on my classic cars as well as all of my vehicles. The best deal that I found was at my local Walmart for $9.47 per 16 oz. spray bottle.

Spyder Garage

I use turtle wax Ice too, not as good as a paste i am sure but a LOT less effort, and i love the smell
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

I use royal purple have tried about all of them but it beats them all try it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Lemon Pledge-seriously-good for W/S and Spyder. Also removes bugs very well. It's cheap and it works as well as any of the other concoctions. Buy it anywhere.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided to go with the Turtle wax Ice Liguria. My Spyder came out great when I waxed it yesterday!!
    no riding here in Ohio. We had 2 inches of snow last night with another 3 to 6 for day for tonight!!
    Russ

Spyder Garage

Griot's one step sealant...and in between use Griot's Speed Shine.
    2013 Spyder ST Limited...Akrapovic Sport Silencer, Fog Lights, Backrest, Spyderpops BumpSkid, 2014 cooling panels, BajaRon swaybar, Fox shocks, RS-S mag wheels...
    2014 Spyder RT-S, Spyderpops BumpSkid, BajaRon Swaybar, TricLED lighting, Magic Mirrors, Akrapovic Sport Silencer...

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&Teresa View Post

that pro honda is excellent stuff & i use sprayway with no amonia for windsheild & min40 green for my wheels