Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HERE'S A FIRST

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    i have had over the years a lot of customer's that might be considered um, crazy and some i have called the
    police on to prevent things from happening but yesterday is a first. the customer went crazy cursing at me
    then wants to fight me because he didn't like the price i QUOTED on some wheel covers for his car.
    If you are going to try to sell something be prepared for everything. if you are thin skinned throw it in the garbage and go on with your life.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    i have had over the years a lot of customer's that might be considered um, crazy and some i have called the
    police on to prevent things from happening but yesterday is a first. the customer went crazy cursing at me
    then wants to fight me because he didn't like the price i QUOTED on some wheel covers for his car.
    the decision to stopdriving cant be left up to the person with alz. or dementia. they are no longer capable of making good safe decisions, family is often reluctant as they dont want to make them mad, and also willmean more responsibility for them. doctors should report themto motor vehicle to pull license but often dont. my friend/neighbor hasearly onset at only 52. sad. couldnt even finish a sentence anymore but was still driving. until wife came home and truck wassmashed up and he didn't even remember howor wherehe smashed itup. Hopefully he didn't kill anyone, but he could have, and it could have been a child, your wife, an entire family, a school bus. We can not leave this decision up to them.

Thanks for posting this. interesting discussion and difficult situation.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

keep in mind a lot of members here are nra and pro gun, i am not. i try to prevent situations not bring them to a final
    conclusion. when he went violent on me i had no idea what drugs he was on or that he had an illness i just know that
    i don't want to get hurt or have any damage done.
    it is up to his family & HIM to take care when he is out and about. his daughter was in the car in my parking lot when he
    was in my showroom. i acted on the situation at hand. when i said to the girl i would tell the cops not to come to arrest
    him if she LET'S me cut up his license i was giving them the option of not being arrested for his actions. i didn't demand
    it, i didn't have to offer it, i did not expect them to do so. i have always believed in personal freedom and personal
    responsibilities. if he truly has alzheimers and this is what can happen then yes i want him off the road.
    Unfortunately in my business i have had customers who want to get violent before and have called the police every time,
    i do what i have to just to prevent the situation from going to the next level.
    I will not change my business practice and standards for those who have no respect or may bring harm to others. i am
    not defending my actions just explaining them.

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You handled the situation correctly. You did not allow the situation to become a problem. Now to the subject of Alz. My mom died from it after a 1-1/2 year battle, as did her mom and three of her sisters. They were all in their 70's. Now in the boomer generation we are living longer with better medical advances. That means there will be more Alzheimers patients. It can't be avoided. I pray for a healing and early prognosis. For all I know I might come down with it. Thats one reason for the Spyder. Have my fun early (I'll be 65 in 2 days) because tomorrow is no guarantee. I only know where I'll be for eternity.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.