Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2010 spyder front trunk release button

we have a 2010 spyder RT w/audio and convience package, the electronic release button for the trunk is there but does nothing, should it be working?? also the aux. plug will not show the wife's sansa fuze mp3 player, should it?? any and all help appreciated. should we order the rear speakers and control from BRP or are they available from another source? thanks , Rodger & Terri

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pup riley View Post
    we have a 2010 spyder RT w/audio and convience package, the electronic release button for the trunk is there but does nothing, should it be working?? also the aux. plug will not show the wife's sansa fuze mp3 player, should it?? any and all help appreciated. should we order the rear speakers and control from BRP or are they available from another source? thanks , Rodger & Terri
    You'll probably get better responses if you post this in the RT shop talk area.....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Front release button will not work unless spyder is running. Or at least
    mine wont.

Spyder Garage

Correct, the button requires electricity and just turning on the key won't do it.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

As was said, the trunk release requires the engine to be running. If it still does not release then, it could be connected wrong or need latch adjustment. One other RT had the connector stuck on wrong. If the latch is too tight, sometimes they won't release easily. After proper adjustment, lubrication with a non-staining (silicone) grease helps. Your dealer should be able to take care of this.

Only an iPod will show on the display, other mp3 players will play, and speaker volume can be adjusted, but they do not show the selection, and the selection cannot be changed from the handlebar control.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    As was said, the trunk release requires the engine to be running. If it still does not release then, it could be connected wrong or need latch adjustment. One other RT had the connector stuck on wrong. If the latch is too tight, sometimes they won't release easily. After proper adjustment, lubrication with a non-staining (silicone) grease helps. Your dealer should be able to take care of this.

Only an iPod will show on the display, other mp3 players will play, and speaker volume can be adjusted, but they do not show the selection, and the selection cannot be changed from the handlebar control.
    Does this guy rock or what!?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The switch only works on the RT-S.. or so My dealer told me... We also have the RT ac.. The cable in the rear is for an Ipod.... only works on Ipods.. It does work well though and keeps the Ipod charged. I was going to look into rear speakers too, but the wife can hear fine so will just run with the front ones. Locktite your antena before it falls off though!!

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave711 View Post
    The switch only works on the RT-S.. or so My dealer told me... We also have the RT ac.. The cable in the rear is for an Ipod.... only works on Ipods.. It does work well though and keeps the Ipod charged. I was going to look into rear speakers too, but the wife can hear fine so will just run with the front ones. Locktite your antena before it falls off though!!
    The RTS comes with both the iPod and MP3 cables. You have to order the MP3 cable separately with the A&C. I'm a little surprised you have the electric trunk release button if you don't have that option...which can be added to the other RT models.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Frunk release RT A/C

The release button does work with the RT A/C mine working great.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Like everyone else said, the front truck release will only work if the engine is on. The aux plug will only give you audio if you are using a non-iPod (or iPhone) mp3 player. BRP makes the speakers and the controls, but you don't have to buy them thru your dealer. Good deals on eBay for it and the BRP store has them.

Spyder Garage

my trunk opener did the same (crazy) - I just changed one cable - now it works when the key is on "On" but the engine have not to be startet ..
    chris
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My switch would not work either. The dealer said the micro switch that tells the bike the trunk is closed was broke and has ordered another one. CyncySpyder has the exact same issue and they ordered him a new one also.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My frunk switch works with key "ON" only. Don't need to crank engine. Must have changed it on the 2011 RTS.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    my trunk opener did the same (crazy) - I just changed one cable - now it works when the key is on "On" but the engine have not to be startet ..
    chris
    Chris, What did you change in order to get the lid to pop open without the engine running???
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Smile

Interesting thread... Ours has never popped open with the electronic button without the engine running...

Of course I never worry about it because I use the key/ignition like I do for the Seat to get to the gas cap...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Chris, What did you change in order to get the lid to pop open without the engine running???
    made a thread in the winter - someone sent me the diagrams of my RT ..small change & LOGICALLY FOR ME ..
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DaBusses View Post
    My frunk switch works with key "ON" only. Don't need to crank engine. Must have changed it on the 2011 RTS.
    I'll be darned! I never tried it on my 2011, because the 2010 only worked with the engine running (or during the 15 seconds after shut down). The 2011 does, indeed, work whenever the key is on (or during the 15 seconds after shut down while the display is active). Thanks for the clue!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question

Scotty do u have the 2011 wiring diagram? Wonder where they tied it into..

Would like it on the 2010 to operate the same.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'll be darned! I never tried it on my 2011, because the 2010 only worked with the engine running (or during the 15 seconds after shut down). The 2011 does, indeed, work whenever the key is on (or during the 15 seconds after shut down while the display is active). Thanks for the clue!
    No problem. It's about time some one can pay back some of your wealth of knowledge that we all use.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    Scotty do u have the 2011 wiring diagram? Wonder where they tied it into..

Would like it on the 2010 to operate the same.
    No, I do not have a 2011 wiring diagram for either the Spyder or the trailer. I know both have changed from 2010.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Makes sense though Scotty, right. Why make the latch available only while driving down the road with engine running. Makes more sense to be able to open while stopped. Now let's address the power windshield switch.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DaBusses View Post
    Makes sense though Scotty, right. Why make the latch available only while driving down the road with engine running. Makes more sense to be able to open while stopped. Now let's address the power windshield switch.
    They would probably balk at something with a motor, that would run down the battery more. Not sure why, my BMW windshield works with the key on.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    You could cut the 20 ga Light Green/Gray wire from the hood actuator and connect it to the 14 ga.Light Blue/Gray wire located on the fuse block position#6.

This would put the actuator in the circuit controlled by the key but ahead of the load shedding relay.
    It's also in the exact same position as the radio.

I haven't done this mod, but if you try it and if your Spyder doesn't blow up I may do it.

See diagram
    Now that's scary stuff, right there!

Spyder Garage

please !!! leave your hands of the spyder-cables ..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    Yep, the only real problem I could foresee is reverse charging the flux capacitor and sending everything within a 40 foot radius to a month or so before the 2020 Spyders come out.
    :twothumbs: