Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Looking for the RT Vent Kit instructions

Just picked up a RT Vent Kit for our 11 RT and it didn't come with instructions. By chance does anyone have any? Any tips on this installation would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Found the instructions, am I just suppose to install the vents? Are there any additional items i should be removing?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Found the instructions, am I just suppose to install the vents? Are there any additional items i should be removing?

You'll probably want to remove the acoustic panels to give better air flow to the engine compartment. The stuff about the fuel system is specific to the 2013s.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Resent you the PDF document that will show you how to install the vents on your RT without the need for the template called out in the 2013 recall instructions.
    Last edited by Doc - Riverside; 03-27-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Spyder Garage

Just picked up a RT Vent Kit for our 11 RT and it didn't come with instructions. By chance does anyone have any? Any tips on this installation would be greatly appreciated.

Where did you pick up the vent kit from??
    Bryan

Spyder Garage

If you do a search for Doc Riverside, he has a complete rundown of the installation and where to get the vent kit at the best price. If I can find the link, I'll post it here when I do, and we just did the install on two 2015 RT's and they look like they came from the factory. Here's the link: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ght=side+vents Good luck.

David

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Devious56; 03-27-2016 at 10:48 AM.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    Resent you the PDF document that will show you how to install the vents on your RT without the need for the template called out in the 2013 recall instructions.
    Thank you, apparently I lost the previous email.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty Pockets View Post
    Where did you pick up the vent kit from??
    I picked them up at the Can Am Dealer in Greenville, TX. We were on a ride and stopped by and thought I would see if they had them. They actually had 3 sets in stock. If you are needing their info shoot me a PM and I can look it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devious56 View Post
    If you do a search for Doc Riverside, he has a complete rundown of the installation and where to get the vent kit at the best price. If I can find the link, I'll post it here when I do, and we just did the install on two 1025 RT's and they look like they came from the factory. Here's the link: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ght=side+vents Good luck.

David

Thank you

I appreciate the help y'all. Now it looks like i need to do some reading and laying out the plans.
    Shane

Spyder Garage

I tried to send the following message to Doc - Riverside, but getting error message - Sorry gstwt60 you must have 1 posts in order to send PM's. I normally don't post anything, instead prefer to search if there is an existing thread already with the information.

I'm looking to install the Can-Am Spyder Rt Vent Kit 219800388 and per the forum it looks like you are the guy to go to for installation instructions. I tried to see if there was a link with the instructions, but have not had any luck. Do you still have the installation instructions and in your opinion would they actually help with a 2011 RT model?

Spyder Garage

I just installed the kit on my RT. I have the BRP instructions that include a lot of other stuff. I can send them to you if you like. PM me with your email address.

A note for Canadians who might be reading this. I ordered my kit from a CanAm dealer in Canada, where I live, and it was cheaper that buying a US one.
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Hey everyone, Need help on how to install the Can-Am Spyder Rt Vent Kit. I looked every where and I can not find any direction on how to install it. Any help would be appreciated.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kajazzman View Post
    Hey everyone, Need help on how to install the Can-Am Spyder Rt Vent Kit. I looked every where and I can not find any direction on how to install it. Any help would be appreciated.
    See post #6 above
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I got lucky, these were on my '14 RTS when I got it. need to figure out how to remove them to do work now....
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

PM me with your email and I can send them to you.
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrsuul View Post
    I got lucky, these were on my '14 RTS when I got it. need to figure out how to remove them to do work now....
    Look close for a couple of plugs in the vent. The screws are under them.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They're attached to the body panel. Remove the body panel.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Doc Riverside, it is good to see you back on Spyderslover again! You have so much helpful knowledge that your assistance is greatly appreciately! Your friend, Marshall

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    They're attached to the body panel. Remove the body panel.
    So I don't need to remove them to get the body panel off?
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So I don't need to remove them to get the body panel off?
    No. They're attached to the body panel
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Sorry to chime in... I started to look (and found) the RT Vent kit. Some sites say send in vin# one site (bike bandit) says all RT models... Mine is 2012 RTS SE5... Should I pull the trigger and buy?
    2012 RTS SE5 , Spider Web Brake pedal Orbital blue

Spyder Garage

I installed these last year on my 2012 Rt, very easy to do. it really makes a huge difference in the air flow and really lowers the temperature in the engine compartment.

Spyder Garage

Interested in them, but, for physical reasons, can't install them. Got a quote from the dealer for 1 1/2 hrs. labor. Sound about right?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    No. They're attached to the body panel
    There are 2 screws, one in each vent just before the mesh that need to be removed, then remove the panel like you normally would. The vent assembly will come off with the panel. Mine didn't come with instructions either. I fiddled with the pieces until they went together then figured out how to install them. I put the panel on my kitchen table and fiddled some more. Marking where to drill the attachment screws can be a bear. I missed a couple and needed to drill new holes, but the vent covers them. I didn't cut out the panel, just removed the stock grill and it performs as expected. Now I can put candy bars in the glove box and they don't melt. Pete did sent pics of how he did his. Thanks Pete.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Revalden View Post
    I didn't cut out the panel, just removed the stock grill and it performs as expected. Now I can put candy bars in the glove box and they don't melt. Pete did sent pics of how he did his. Thanks Pete.
    The instructions call for you to cut the opening larger. If you leave them with the original opening, they wont flow nearly as much air.

2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhard View Post
    PM me with your email and I can send them to you.
    PM sent.

Spyder Garage

Need instructions please for my 2010 RT

Thanks
    2012 RT-S SM5 , Pure Magnesium Metallic