Thread: Swaybar info??

Spyder Garage

Default Swaybar info??

My husband and I bought a 2015 Rt-S Spyder (pearl white) last August and I have a question. I have been reading all the posts and have noticed many riders have a BajaRon
    sway bar installed. Is this important? We have been riding a 2-wheeled bike for years, but once we test-drove a spyder, we were hooked. Not sure what we need to make this new ride comfortable. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks,
    Ellen

Spyder Garage

It depends what you mean by 'comfortable'. For me that meant a new seat. But if you're not happy with the ride, cornering, hard braking, etc. then the sway bar or shocks would make sense.
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Spyder Garage

Comfortable was the probably wrong word to use, I believe. We think the ride is great. Just curious why so many people listed the sway bar as an added accessory. ( I'm really hoping he will look at all the LED lighting that I always wanted on our motorcycle.)

Spyder Garage

For me because I ride a lot of twisty roads the sway bar and shock adjusters sold by Baja Ron made a huge difference in my RTL. If you ride predominantly straight roads maybe an better seat.

Spyder Garage

I installed the BajaRon sway bar on my 2015 RT Limited and I love it, now the spyder doesn't lean so much when hitting the corners hard. A big difference for me.

Ride Safe!
    2015 RT L , Red

Spyder Garage

It's actually an anti sway bar. It's job is to keep the vehicle as level as possible while cornering. Here is a link to Ron's description:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-A-Sway-Bar-Do

It really depends on your riding style. If you go slow and enjoy the scenery, the stock bar might be fine. If you are even remotely like me and enjoy a 'spirited' ride, you will notice the difference.

Here is a link to the post I made bemoaning the fact that I waited so long to get it installed:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-anti-sway-bar

CAC

Spyder Garage

Check out this thread from almost two years ago. Here is another one with some good answers in it.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Depends....

Important no. Helpful to those who ryde agressively yes. Helpful for those who ryde windy roads and freeways Yes. These machines come with an adequate sway bar for the average ryder. Personally I think it is worth the investment but I do say ryde like your gonna and then decide if you want that little bit more...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

To increase the drivability, especially in twisties, I highly recommended it.
    Other then seat, and a brake modulator it's really the only "couldn't live without" add-on

AJ
    Former HD two-wheeler

Quote Originally Posted by whitespyder1189 View Post
    My husband and I bought a 2015 Rt-S Spyder (pearl white) last August and I have a question. I have been reading all the posts and have noticed many riders have a BajaRon
    sway bar installed. Is this important? We have been riding a 2-wheeled bike for years, but once we test-drove a spyder, we were hooked. Not sure what we need to make this new ride comfortable. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks,
    Ellen

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Important no. Helpful to those who ryde agressively yes. Helpful for those who ryde windy roads and freeways Yes. These machines come with an adequate sway bar for the average ryder. Personally I think it is worth the investment but I do say ryde like your gonna and then decide if you want that little bit more...
    Gene, if you had said, "These machines come with an adequate sway bar for a rider of less than average weight..", i would agree with you 100%
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm one of Ron's biggest fans in here. He builds really GREAT parts for our bikes, and his level of commitment to his customers is as good as it gets!
    I put his anti-Swaybar on my 2010 RT, and it really made a World of difference.
    With my 2014: it just doesn't seem to be quite as necessary... And I feel bad for NOT having put one on!
    (Sorry, Ron!)
    It really all does come down to how hard you like to throw your bike into the corners. As I've gotten, "less young"; I've decided that my declining physical skills have just sort of made it prudent to slow down...
    My simple advice is to ride your bike, and let IT tell you if you need to add Ron's bar to it!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It really all does come down to how hard you like to throw your bike into the corners. As I've gotten, "less young"; I've decided that my declining physical skills have just sort of made it prudent to slow down...
    My simple advice is to ride your bike, and let IT tell you if you need to add Ron's bar to it!

This^^. It's all personal preference and riding style. Just because many others add it, doesn't mean you have to. AS you get better at riding, and you begin to take corners a bit harder, you'll push your bike a bit harder. You'll feel it work harder to go around corners flatter. It'll feel like it's rolling out on you. An anti sway bar will correct a lot of that "rolling" feeling. There have been lots of threads on it.
    2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Red face I would say yes

I have only been riding for 4 years and I ride two wheels. I bought the 2015 RT-S for my wife so she would ride with me. I feel in love with the Spyder as is but I decided enough people recommended the sway bar and I will tell you the difference was evident on the first ride. All you have to do is look at how stiff the links are against the Baja Ron's links. Well worth the money.

2017 Can Am Spyder F3-Limited

Lamonster front fender LED light kit, Madstad adjustable windshield, Lidlox Helmet Lock, Techmount phone mount

Previous 2015 Can Am Spyder RT-SE6

Bajaron Sway Bar w/links, Rivco Dual trunk mounted flag poles, Custom Dynamics Long Amber Brightsides, Custom Dynamics Long Red Brightsides, Custom Dynamics LED RT HMT Brake Light w/Magic Strobes Brake Light Flasher, Techmount phone mount

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up More info please

Thanks,
    Ellen
    You stated "Not sure what we need to make this new ride comfortable." I would suggest that you share what you feel is not comfortable. If you feel that there is too much body roll in curves then perhaps the Baha Ron upgrade would help this discomfort. You already have a sway bar installed from the factory. The Baha Ron is just a beefier version of what you already have. I installed one on my 2010 RT and feel that it is probably the best money that I have spent on upgrades. Please narrow down what you feel is uncomfortable and I feel sure that you will get a wide variety of possible options to alleviate your discomfort.

Spyder Garage

I whole heartedly agree with the other posters' comments. Moreover, IMO, if you are going to do any interstate riding, single or two up, Ron's bar will make a big difference when riding amidst semis and in crosswinds.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks everyone

Thank you for all the suggestions/reccomendations. We certainly are going to go with the advice offered.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm one of Ron's biggest fans in here. He builds really GREAT parts for our bikes, and his level of commitment to his customers is as good as it gets!
    With my 2014: it just doesn't seem to be quite as necessary... And I feel bad for NOT having put one on!
    (Sorry, Ron!)
    Dont listen to Bob, he doesn't ride much but he posts a lot. The sway bar makes a huge improvement on all Spyders.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks,
    Ellen
    I rode my "14 RTL last year with the stock sway bar (9300 miles). I installed Ron's sway bar about 4 weeks ago. It made a tremendous difference in the handling. I am much more comfortable going through curves and the crosswind is less noticeable. Riding the first season without it really makes me appreciate it that much more. Installation is not bad. It took me about an hour and fifteen minutes to change mine out.

Spyder Garage

(Sorry, Ron!)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Dont listen to Bob, he doesn't ride much but he posts a lot. The sway bar makes a huge improvement on all Spyders.
    My experience is a little different.
    Like Bob, I NEEDED the RonBar on my 2010. The early Spyders wallowed like pigs without the upgraded suspension.
    Then I bought my 2014 Spyder. At the time, I rode mostly alone. Nice machine. Right out of the box it handled far better than my 2010, even with the RonBar. I was very happy with the handling.
    Then I got a girlfriend who liked to ride with me, so I was mostly riding 2 up. Well, with her, it was sort of like 2 1/2 up. At SpyderQuest, I got the RonBar. Much better for the two (and a half) up riding.
    Now I'm back to a single and I can still feel the improved ride.
    So in essence, for a 2014 MY and higher Spyder, the RonBar takes an excellent machine and makes it even better.

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    My experience is a little different.
    Like Bob, I NEEDED the RonBar on my 2010. The early Spyders wallowed like pigs without the upgraded suspension.
    Then I bought my 2014 Spyder. At the time, I rode mostly alone. Nice machine. Right out of the box it handled far better than my 2010, even with the RonBar. I was very happy with the handling.
    Then I got a girlfriend who liked to ride with me, so I was mostly riding 2 up. Well, with her, it was sort of like 2 1/2 up. At SpyderQuest, I got the RonBar. Much better for the two (and a half) up riding.
    Now I'm back to a single and I can still feel the improved ride.
    So in essence, for a 2014 MY and higher Spyder, the RonBar takes an excellent machine and makes it even better.

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.

LOL are you single again because of the comments you make on her size???

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Then I got a girlfriend who liked to ride with me, so I was mostly riding 2 up. Well, with her, it was sort of like 2 1/2 up.
    I sure hope she doesn't have access to this forum. If she does, you're in a lot of trouble.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link