Thread: Oil change

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Oil change

I have a 2015 RT SM6. It is getting close to my first service at 3000 miles. I was looking the Owner's Manual and the Service Manual. In both of these publications, in the oil change section, the location of Engine oil drain plug is shown for the SM6 and the SE6 configurations. However the Clutch cover magnetic drain plug is only shown for the SE6 configuration. Does this imply that there is no Clutch cover magnetic drain plug on the SM6 and therefore does not require removal? Or is this just an omission on BRP's part? I know from many years of owning various motorcycles and atvs that sometimes things get lost in the translation from the manufacturer's native language to English. Thanks

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 1330 engine

IMHO, it doesn't matter what type of transmission you have.....there should be two drain plugs on the bottom of that engine. One on each side. One is a T-45 torx the other a 6mm hex ( internal type ). A lot of people here get a Gold plug swap for the Torx because of difficulties getting it off......The hex is easier......If you tap both with a hammer to break the varnish seal they come off easier.........Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    IMHO, it doesn't matter what type of transmission you have.....there should be two drain plugs on the bottom of that engine. One on each side. One is a T-45 torx the other a 6mm hex ( internal type ). A lot of people here get a Gold plug swap for the Torx because of difficulties getting it off......The hex is easier......If you tap both with a hammer to break the varnish seal they come off easier.........Mike
    Thanx

Spyder Garage

The one one the right is the gear box and less oil drains from this one than the one on the left which is the engine oil. You may well find them hard to break loose the first time and will need to use the hammer as mentioned by Blueknight. If this doesnt work, use a chisel at an angle on the edge of the plug and give it a sharp smack with a hammer.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)