Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default CANNON BALL RIDE

There is a 500 mile ride posted in Alberta as well as other Canadian provinces, must be done in 12 hours, am curious if any Edmonton Area riders are interested in joining me? Ride date is June 12 2016. I am definetly in. Do you have what it takes ? www.cannonballrides.ca

Spyder Garage

Thank,s for the info.Never heard of this before.I,m going to do the Eastern Ont 500 mile ride.Hope there,s a good turn out.
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I came across this by accident, never heard of it myself. Have heard and read about IRON BUTT, rides and it would be the same thing. Enjoy and have fun. Hope the weather holds for you. The 500 ride I have done on a personal trip south/west, but the 1000 , think would be a killer.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice

Not in Canada so can't be there. Sounds like a take off on an old movie "Cannonball Run." Great movie in its time.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Alberta Cannonball Ride

I found out about this through the SpyAlta site just over a month ago. I have registered for the 500 mile (~800 km) on June the 12th and will be departing from Black Jacks Roadhouse in Nisku.

Looking forward to it. Should be a great ride with MCs of all types present.

One thing to note is that it is not a group ride. You simply have to hit all the checkpoints and have 12 hours to finish it.

For details and maps, go to www.cannonballrides.ca
    2012 RT Limited Pearl White
    Baja Ron anti sway bar, BRP trailer hitch, BRP Comfort seat and Back rest,
    SpyderPops Bumpskid, Vertika Floorboards, High mount Stop/Run and Turn signals,
    SM10 Dongle and SMH10 headset, ISO Handgrips
    More to come.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey Image, yes not a group ride, but could still hook up together, would be kinda cool seeing a couple of Spyders crossing the finish line together. I also am signed up and looking forward to it. Ever done a ride like that before ? I have and it was an adventure.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Cannonball Ride

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERGUY1 View Post
    Hey Image, yes not a group ride, but could still hook up together, would be kinda cool seeing a couple of Spyders crossing the finish line together. I also am signed up and looking forward to it. Ever done a ride like that before ? I have and it was an adventure.
    Hey there! Will be great if we get a few Spyders in the run. I have ridden about that distance when I went from home (Warburg) to Prince Albert. About 700 km. So this will be slightly longer, but more of an adventure.

As I said, I am planning to start from Black Jacks in Nisku, so I look forward to seeing you there.

Larry
    More to come.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's just a warm up for an 'Iron Butt'. My personal best is 1075 miles in 17.5 hours, 1510 in 32 hours. Then followed up with a 500 mile friends ride the next day (~2000 miles in <60 hours). Looking forward to do a 1500 mile in under 24 hour ride this summer.

Happy Trails!!!

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

that is a lot of miles. Will start with the 500, perhaps next year do the 1000 in 24 hours, at least you get to stop for the night and re-juvenate.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERGUY1 View Post
    that is a lot of miles. Will start with the 500, perhaps next year do the 1000 in 24 hours, at least you get to stop for the night and re-juvenate.
    That whole "iron butt" thing strikes me more as being masochistic, and not particularly enjoyable. To each their own, but that is not what I bought my for. Gotta love the ride!
    Last edited by Imagestealer; 03-26-2016 at 06:01 PM.
    More to come.