Spyder Garage

Cool Traveling to Forida

Hello all, I am wondering is there anyone who has or have driven their RT from N. Georgia down to south Florida. ( Ft Lauderdale) I am thinking about Ryding down for spring break. This will be my very first road trip. I am a little Leary about I 75 coming out of Atlanta does anyone have an alternate route?
    JW. Metro Atlanta. 2012 RT SE-5, TircLed mirror turn signals, run/turn saddlebag lights, ring of fire, and fender tip lights, ShowChrome backrest,chrome (wide) foot pegs, SpyderPops spyclops, A-arm LED's, JT's USB Port, Digital Voltmeter ( Ebay) and Performance Powersports Scoops.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I usually plug in my destination in Google Maps and set my route options to avoid hwys, tolls, and ferries, and go where it tells me. Have gotten to see some pretty cool places that I would have otherwise missed. Looking at your starting and ending point, it looks to be about a 14 hour ride, give or take, if you avoid the hwys. Looking on Google Maps now, 75 is lit up like a Christmas tree with accidents and construction. The Spyder does great on the interstate, but I prefer the scenic route. Whatever you decide, be safe, and have fun.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Sorry trying to type on a cell phone stinks. Florida
    JW. Metro Atlanta. 2012 RT SE-5, TircLed mirror turn signals, run/turn saddlebag lights, ring of fire, and fender tip lights, ShowChrome backrest,chrome (wide) foot pegs, SpyderPops spyclops, A-arm LED's, JT's USB Port, Digital Voltmeter ( Ebay) and Performance Powersports Scoops.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rukpub View Post
    Hello all, I am wondering is there anyone who has or have driven their RT from N. Georgia down to south Florida. ( Ft Lauderdale) I am thinking about Ryding down for spring break. This will be my very first road trip. I am a little Leary about I 75 coming out of Atlanta does anyone have an alternate route?

Try 441 in central GA. it a good road i have taken it and will take it again April 20 to deals gap. No traffic I do not lick I 75

Spyder Garage

You need to make your way over to Hwy 441 (there are a number of ways to get there from Acworth.) Take 441 down to just below Fargo, Ga and then take 94 East to Hwy 2 on to Hwy 185 down to 121 to 16 to Hwy 100 over to Flagler Beach. Then take A1A down to Daytona and from there you can continue on A1A or get on I-95 down to Ft. Lauderdale.

The trip from when you get on 441 (once you get south of Milledgeville) all the way to Flagler Beach is a great ride with 80% having very, very little traffic on some great back roads. We rode the Hwy 2, 94 stretch back from Flagler a couple of weeks ago and went an hour and a half without seeing another vehicle in either direction.

Spyder Garage

I find I95 is as or more dangerous than I75, but sometimes the other routes are just too slow with all the lights.
    Definitely avoid rush hour if possible.

A1A is one of my wife's favorite roads.

Cannot speak about GA as only used the interstates there traveling to/from TN.

Once to FL, can either go down the middle of the state through the forest or down the east coast at or near the beach (hwy 1 or A1A).

If you come down hwy 1, I recommend stopping in St. Augustine if you've never been there. The downtown area is very neat.
    Closer to Daytona/Ormand Beach, @ hwy 1 and I95 intersection, there will be Bruce Rossmeyer's HD, J&P cycles, Ultimate seats, etc. Little further down is Corbin.

Spyder Garage

Default florida driving?

I wouldn't be so concerned with driving to Florida as I would be driving in florida! Most people there drive like there are no traffic laws! Be careful and enjoy your trip!