Thread: IPOD volume

Spyder Garage

Default IPOD volume

It may have been asked before but is there any way to increase the volume when playing music from an Ipod? I have the volume turned up all the way on the Ipod. I had they same issue on the wing but the audio volume had sufficient range to overcome the decreased signal input. Increasing the audio volume on the system has no effect, and the Bluetooth volume isn't enough to make any difference. Anyone know of a inline amplifier. One other gripe BRP get with the times, new Ipods use the lightning connector!!!!
    2015 RTS White

Spyder Garage

Is the ipod plugged into the Spyder using the ipod cable or the mp3 cable?

Is the low volume from the Spyders speakers or from your helmet speakers?

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

If your using the SM10 Bluetooth streaming device, turn on the audio boost on the SM10.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Ipod cable with adapter to lightning, also tried my older unit with the 30 pin same result. As for which speaker makes no difference. still low output. Issue is with the input signal strength, it gets attenuated, and there is not enough amplification in the system to offset it. As I stated my wing had the same issue, but the audio system was able to compensate.
    2015 RTS White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is it an actual I-Pod, or just an MP-3 player?
    I know that I've got complete control over the volume with my little Nano...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

There is normally lots of volume on the Spyder speakers, no matter the source. May sound crappy at higher volumes but lots of volume anyway.

You say both speakers low volume. So I take that to mean helmet speakers to. What kind of helmet setup do you have. Hard wired or BT.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Is your FM radio loud?
    My IPod and my Radio when on a FM station are the same level.

So this is just a guess... If all your music on your Ipod was created the same in the same tool, the audio levels of your music itself maybe too low. You can in fact get free programs to adjust the audio levels of the music tracks.

A way to test this might be to fire up iTunes on the iPod and play some music from an online source.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Confusing

I use an iPod nano through my trunk connector and I can play it loudly enough to hear going down the road at highway speeds. The Spyder controls the volume independently of whatever volume you have set on the iPod.

Just to check - I presume you're using the iPod adapter cable in the trunk, not the generic stereo connector.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You need to plug into the 30 pin(?) or lightning connector; not just the one that you plug your earbuds into.

Spyder Garage

What Bob said ^^^^, and,

Have you been into your I-Pod through I-Tunes and raised the volume level on your library to Max. All my songs default to a lower than max volume and I manually raise them. My I-Pod is pretty old though
    Last edited by HayRog; 03-25-2016 at 12:14 PM.

Spyder Garage

Let's see he said that he is using the ipod cable with a lightning adapter. Why are you guys harping on not using the mp3 cable?

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is probably my fault...
    When I got to the end of his post, and realized that it was a gripe about BRP getting with the times: I just moved on to read the other posts...
    My bad!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try the simplest first, adjusting the volume of the MP3/4 through Itunes. Then doing the audio boosting.
    2015 RTS White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will try the simplest first, adjusting the volume of the MP3/4 through Itunes. Then doing the audio boosting.
    My bet is this will solve your issue....

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    If your using the SM10 Bluetooth streaming device, turn on the audio boost on the SM10.

Bob
    How do you do this??
    2014 Spyder RT-L Pearl White

Akrapovic Silencer, BajaRon Sway Bar/Links, BRP 23" Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Wind Deflector,
    BRP Heated Seat/Backrest, BRP Sirius, BRP Bluetooth Dongle, BRP Tri Axis Handlebars w/GPS,
    CD Brake Light Modulator, CD Short Antenna, Elka 1+r Shocks, ISCI Brake, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Cat Bypass, SP Bumpskid, SP Kott Grills, SP Belt Guard, Smooth Spyder Belt Tensioner

Spyder Garage

Default audio boost

Straight from SENA SM10 manual.
    6.4 Audio Boosting
    You can boost the audio input volume for both the AUDIO IN Port and AUX Port of the SM10 by double tapping the Pairing Button in the center of the SM10. This is especially helpful in case the audio device doesn't have enough volume output. Since sudden volume change can harm your ears, it is strongly recommended to perform the audio boosting function only when the music is not streaming. You may disable it by double tapping the pairing button again.
    2015 RT-S SE Silver/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    My bet is this will solve your issue....

Bob
    Did the audio boost on the Bluetooth, 100% better. I have some songs that are still low so I'll need to adjust the audio levels on the Ipod. Again thanks to everyone for their help. Now if BRP would ship us all a free Ipod adapter cable with the lightning adapter I be a real happy camper.
    2015 RTS White