Spyder Garage

Default Seat Support/ Gas Shock

Somewhere, I read details of a replacement gas shock for the seat, which is a bit stronger and supports the seat in the up position if there is a small backpack/bag on the seat. It seems there was a lot of detail, including information as to where this could be purchased, and even a model/stock number. I have a RT, and the shock is getting weak, and with a non-factory seat (Ultimate) and the high winds I am sometimes in here in Oklahoma, looking for this information again.

Anybody have any information or who has seen that post, I would appreciate it. Seems this was an item which could be purchased at any auto supply store.

Thanks!
    Wayne
    2012 RTS M5 , Baja Ron Blue

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have a Russel Day Long seat with factory backrest. I was given this information by another member, I bought and installed it, and it is great.

I got this one. It is a lot stronger and almost pushes the seat up on it's own when you unlock the seat.
    I have the Utopia backrest as well.
    It is also a little longer so the seat goes up higher which I like.

Sachs SG359011

Got it on Ebay for $18

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Back-Glass-L...pVm-I2&vxp=mtr
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder2012 View Post
    Somewhere, I read details of a replacement gas shock for the seat, which is a bit stronger and supports the seat in the up position if there is a small backpack/bag on the seat. It seems there was a lot of detail, including information as to where this could be purchased, and even a model/stock number. I have a RT, and the shock is getting weak, and with a non-factory seat (Ultimate) and the high winds I am sometimes in here in Oklahoma, looking for this information again.

Anybody have any information or who has seen that post, I would appreciate it. Seems this was an item which could be purchased at any auto supply store.

Thanks!
    Wayne

Oreillys auto parts store Item # SG359011 it will raise the RT seat by itself when you release the lock.

Sachs Stabilus - Lift Support

Line: SAC | Part # SG359011

• Limited Lifetime Warranty
    • UPC: 19495082415
    • Compressed Length (In): 11.024 Inch
    • Extended Length (In): 17.205 Inch
    • Lower Mount Type: Ball Socket
    • Travel Length (In): 6.181 Inch
    • Upper Mount Type: Ball Socket

DETAILED DESCRIPTION

Manufactured to automotive O.E. performance and quality specifications. Restores the original opening and closing speeds of your hood, hatch or trunk. Easy to install. No special tools required. Exact replacement, engineered for your application. Rust-resistant piston rod extends product life. Easy lifting, reduced closing effort. Consistent lifting force through 50,000 cycles.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS

• Color: Black
    • Hardware Included: No
    • Compressed Length (mm): 280.01mm
    • Installation Instructions Included: Yes
    • Extended Length (mm): 437mm
    • Pounds Of Force (Lbs): 43 Lbs.
    • Retaining Clip Included: No
    • Rod Diameter (In): 0.314 Inch
    • Tube Diameter (In): 0.708 Inch
    • Type: Gas

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer