Spyder Garage

Default I hate to ask but......

I was wondering if Corbin has fixed the quality issues with their F-3 saddlebags?

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know. ..!!

If you find out let us know...I do have a fellow ryder with a set and all seems well.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

No reports so far. No news here = bad news.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin Bags

Still bad quality. Waited almost five months for them and the left bag would not close tight or lock properly. I sent them back through my dealer. The dealer was great to deal with. Westcoast Powersports of Clearwater.

Spyder Garage

I love my Corbin saddlesbags. No complaints.

Spyder Garage

Corbin needs to address their lack of customer support, all was well when I was ordering my F3 seat and then when I had concerns? could not get a return call...Lost me as a customer forever.
    2015 F3 SE6 Black and Chrome, Smoothspyder Backrest and more to come.

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin seat warranty/guarantee service

Quote Originally Posted by Mikind7 View Post
    Corbin needs to address their lack of customer support, all was well when I was ordering my F3 seat and then when I had concerns? could not get a return call...Lost me as a customer forever.
    We just received our F3 dual seat and to my surprise (my fault) I had forgotten that they don't build it to the same seating point as the factory seat.

On the Corbin seat you are about 1.5" further back; in our case that would mean new handlebars and also a new brake rod to allow a closer footrest/footboard position.

With a certain amount of fear and trepidation I called them on Monday morning to find out that we get one free remake to try to make it comfortable for us, as part of their guarantee. I think I will get the rider's seat repadded to seat us further forward, and maybe have some extra material added to the base to make it a little softer as well. At this stage I get sore within 20 minutes, while my wife thinks it's great.

Oddly enough the pillion seat is fine for me, for 90 minutes at least.

To make it even better they will pick up the seat and re-ship it at their cost.
    Last edited by Trevor G; 03-22-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Has it been determined what happened?
    Is it:
    Poorly formed bags?
    Mis-placed holes for mounting the latches?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Smile Do you really want to know??? Run. Far far away from the Corbin bags!!!!

As you may recall from earlier posts, I originally paid and purchased my bags in May of 2015. Once I got them home, i noticed the left bag did not latch properly and had a huge gap. The right bag did not seal well and leaked water. After my dealer tried numerous times to contact Corbin, they insisted many photos be taken of th bags prior to inspection. This went on for months and months and they finally wanted both bags to be sent in so they could inspect them to determine if they were covered under warranty (mind you these came out of the bag this way and paint was chipping off of them due to the misalignment of the lid/latch on the left bag and the seal on the right bag was screwed up and caused water to leak in. Following many more weeks it was finally determined the left bag was under consideration on being covered but unsure of the right side. Both bags were non-functional. So in january of 2016 we were told again that the bags were being "remastered" and would be shipped the next week. Two more weeks passed and they finally showed up!! In all the excitement we opened the box at the dealership and the left one still does not latch correctly as it takes two hands to push it down and one finger to lift it with out disengaging the latch. The right bag now has even more of leak as you can shine a flashlight through one end and it comes out of the other...

SO it's now been 10 months, no bags to use, and at this time without my original payment of $2,000 still not in my pocket! What a crime it is to pay for a product from a company that seemingly is uninterested in doing the right thing for their customers. The vast majority of postings indicate that these bags are consistently defective Do they not inspect these remastered products prior to shipping them out, knowing what the issue has been since Last May 2015??

I friend bought a set for her Spdyer and she immediately noticed cracks in the lids. She returned hers in October too and when she opened up her brand new box, the case was even more cracked than when she sent them. They returned them in worse condition than they received them!!!!

How can a company call themselves good if they can;t take care ofthe people that truly DID like their case. I just cannot bring myself to support a business that does not pride themselves on good customer service in making things right for those of us that wanted to believe in it... 10 months of this is ridiculous and shouldn't be tolerated by anyone!!

Shame on you and your lack of customer service. If you had any decency to redeem yourself, you should stop any other deals or new products purchased and reimburse those patrons that really cared about receiving a quality piece of equipment from you that would suffice their needs for storage and look great on their bike. The only way to turn this mess around is to personally contact people like me and ship out brand new working conditioned bags/brackets to me or others in similar situations of whom you have taken money from but still don't have a product to use even after 10 months long of waiting.

As much as I like the look, I dislike everything about this company and hope they stop selling these faulty products because it is really a safety issue when these doors fly open on their own when drive down a busy freeway and someone is going to get hurt if this doesn't stop now.

Corbin, if you are reading this, please pm to make arrangements to make this right!!!!!!

Discussed in Iowa!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbum View Post
    I was wondering if Corbin has fixed the quality issues with their F-3 saddlebags?
    NO. Please save your money don't buy Corbin's crap.
    Last edited by KID Ryker; 03-23-2016 at 08:15 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you remember when Chrysler was having all of that "Fun" with the rear hatches on their Minivans?
    This is really starting to sound about like that!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin Bags

Pit Bull just informed me that the Corbin Bags that I ordered in November have just arrived (March 23, 4 months). I won't be able to get them installed until Spyderfest 2016 so I'll let y'all known how they are, then.

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin in one word. . . pathetic

I figured it's about time that I added my two bits worth to the Corbin fiasco since my situation is both different but very much the same. It's different in that my issue has to do with cracks in the fiberglass around both hinges but it's the same as far as Corbin's poor product quality and total lack of customer service goes. Sure, Corbin accepted both Goldenpup's and my bags with the expectation that they would either replace them completely or at least repair them but, to add insult to injury, the replacement saddlebags were worse than what we returned to them. The cracks around the hinges were still there and, in addition, there was a HUGE crack in one of the lids. Corbin states in their warranty (website) that "Structural integrity of Corbin fiberglass components are warranted to the original owner for life" but I'm guessing you have to be on their shortlist of friends for that to actually apply.

It's one thing for Corbin to make some manufacturing mistakes or put out a bad product but it's another thing to be so arrogant that they don't think they need to respond to their customers or treat them with any civility. So, if I had to choose one word to describe Corbin, I would use "pathetic." They are a perfect case study for how not to run a business.

Wouldn't it be a big surprise if they actually stepped up, accepted some responsibility, and did the right thing? Oh wait, it's too close to April Fool's Day. . . we wouldn't believe them anyway.

Spyder Garage

I just know that I would never order anything from them. With the crap products I have seen lately received by members here, with the exception of a few, I would not take a 2K gamble on that product. I think that Corbin should be ashamed of the garbage they are putting out lately. Not just for Spyder stuff, but in my other forums as well. If they keep going like they are, I am sure they will be out of business sometime in the future.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thank you all for the advise. I will look to Viking and it also appears that Spyderpops has a nice option. Sad to hear about how Corbin treats their costumers. I still think they have the best looking saddlebags for the f3.