Spyder Garage

Default ST Limited Radio Location

Can anyone tell me where the radio is located on a 2013 ST Limited.
    Thanks in advance!
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

• Garmin XT (I would be lost without it)
      Driving Lights (Very bright to improve my sight)
      Floorboard Lights and Turn Signals (I like to be seen)
      Passenger Armrests (So my wife doesn't fall off)
      Trailer Hitch (So we can bring more stuff with us)
      Chrome Wheels (Because the beautiful stock wheels just weren't good enough)
      Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2014 sts and it is located on the right rear under the back seat supports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greatrides View Post
    I have a 2014 sts and it is located on the right rear under the back seat supports.
    Thanks for the info! I am looking to add Bluetooth, so I need to dig up the radio.
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

Front Fender Sequential Reflector Lights (I was wondering what to do with my paycheck)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are 2 ways to add Bluetooth. One is to get the Sena SM10 that come with the BRP cable or the one w/o and get the expert on here to make one for you.

The other way is to get a Bluetooth adapter and plug it into the aux in the drunk. You'll only get music out of it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

The radio or amp was under rear seat same side as antenna when I installed my SMOOTHSPYDER backrest Didnt look much like a radio, just a silver box.
    I really didn't inspect it much, it was just in my way. Good luck

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

You can also get one of these and connect it to the aux input.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-Bl...etooth+adapter
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I bought the SM10 Bluetooth dongle from Motorcycle Dave. I was also installing a sport rack, so I killed 2 birds with one stone. I had to remove the seat and passenger grips, so I didn't have to remove the entire side panel, which would have been a real pain.

I rode a couple times this week and tested out the system. I have Sena 20s headsets, and they sounded great with the Bluetooth. Last night my wife and I rode out to dinner and the dual stereo function worked beautifully.

By the way, I was going to put the SM20 under the seat, but then decided that it would be more practical and accessible if I used the handlebar mount and put it on the passenger grip. I'm not sure that will be the permanent location, but it seems to work well. Other suggestions would be appreciated.
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I was wondering if anyone sells a kit to put rear speakers on the tops of my bags. Since the radio is located in the rear, you wouldn't have far to run the wires. I have seen that setup on some Harleys. I read somewhere that the radio is the same on that the RT's have so the rear out should already be there.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default JC need some input

Quote Originally Posted by JCWeatherman View Post
    I bought the SM10 Bluetooth dongle from Motorcycle Dave. I was also installing a sport rack, so I killed 2 birds with one stone. I had to remove the seat and passenger grips, so I didn't have to remove the entire side panel, which would have been a real pain.

I rode a couple times this week and tested out the system. I have Sena 20s headsets, and they sounded great with the Bluetooth. Last night my wife and I rode out to dinner and the dual stereo function worked beautifully.

By the way, I was going to put the SM20 under the seat, but then decided that it would be more practical and accessible if I used the handlebar mount and put it on the passenger grip. I'm not sure that will be the permanent location, but it seems to work well. Other suggestions would be appreciated.
    What did you use for a power source? is the "audio" cable long enough to go from the Frunk to the radio?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gcclubs View Post
    What did you use for a power source? is the "audio" cable long enough to go from the Frunk to the radio?
    The power source for the Sena dongle is the radio. The cables (power and audio) are not long enough to go from the radio to the frunk. I like having access to the dongle, because I switch it on and off as needed, so I mount it to the left side passenger grip. If I need to reach it, it's right behind me (only when I'm stopped!). The downside to having it there is that I have to remove it when I park outside at work or go into a restaurant. BTW, I mount it with the the rubber handlebar mount that comes with the dongle. The wires feed out under the passenger seat; I tuck them under the seat if I'm not going to use them.
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Siena dongle cable

Quote Originally Posted by JCWeatherman View Post
    The power source for the Sena dongle is the radio. The cables (power and audio) are not long enough to go from the radio to the frunk. I like having access to the dongle, because I switch it on and off as needed, so I mount it to the left side passenger grip. If I need to reach it, it's right behind me (only when I'm stopped!). The downside to having it there is that I have to remove it when I park outside at work or go into a restaurant. BTW, I mount it with the the rubber handlebar mount that comes with the dongle. The wires feed out under the passenger seat; I tuck them under the seat if I'm not going to use them.
    Thanks. So you could mount it under the seat then? I assumed the power would need a cig adapter outlet but if power is from the radio this should work assuming there is room? Maybe the signal would be impacted by it being under the seat. If it worked then I would just pop the seat to turn it off

i just found an install post in the Diy forum where somebody did what I suggest on an RT. So this may the way I go then
    Last edited by Gcclubs; 06-01-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Spyder Garage

Yes, you could mount it under the seat, just be careful you don't crush it! Your sitting pretty close to the dongle, so there shouldn't be any interference issues. I like it on the passenger grip for easy access.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    All the best,
    John

2022 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I mounted the dongle in the front trunk. I made my own cable so I could make it any length I wanted. It is on all the time. Never turn it off.

2018 F3 LIMITED