Spyder Garage

Default FENDER LED HOOKUP ?

Good afternoon All.

I have just purchased a set of LED strips to be mounted on the fender indentation.

They are cheap, but I figured I would try them for the hell of it.

Question : These strips come with 3 wires.
    2 of the 3 wires are to be connected in such a way, that the LED strip is to be used as day time driving ( WHITE LED )
    the 3 wire is to be connected in such a way, to be used as a flasher ( ORANGE LED )

How should I connect these in order to achieve the driving light and flasher light when needed.

See pic below.

Thanks

Dom

Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 3 WIRE LED

....Welcome to the world of DIY......For a running light you only need to connect that wire to the same wire as the tip or side marker ( if you have one ) because they are on ALL the time.......For it to FLASH -- like " with the turn signal " ....you will need to bring a wire down from the turn signal harness to your LED to power that wire.....UNLESS someone has an easier method of doing this .........I'm listening also......Mike

Spyder Garage

Third wire to ground???

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

I don't know where those lights are made, but be careful with those, specially the ones made in china! You buy them cheap, because they're cheaply made! I got a pair of l e d head lights for my car and they came with reverse polarity! Hope everything goes flawless with your farkle! Post pictures with finish product!

Spyder Garage

I'd check them on a work bench before going to the bother of installing to make sure they work. And they look like you want them to look. I have a few sitting around that didn't pass the test of "looks"

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    I'd check them on a work bench before going to the bother of installing to make sure they work. And they look like you want them to look. I have a few sitting around that didn't pass the test of "looks"
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....Welcome to the world of DIY......For a running light you only need to connect that wire to the same wire as the tip or side marker ( if you have one ) because they are on ALL the time.......For it to FLASH -- like " with the turn signal " ....you will need to bring a wire down from the turn signal harness to your LED to power that wire.....UNLESS someone has an easier method of doing this .........I'm listening also......Mike

Glad you found lights good.From the little i see in pic, i dont think they will be bright enough for safety, they look more indoor type. You also might get hyper flash if you hook to your blinkers. Good luck
    Last edited by Bfromla; 03-19-2016 at 11:30 PM.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Yup, put em on the bench first. I don't think they'll put out enough light to even bother go through the troubles, and potential issues. I agree, they look "indoor" worthy but not meant for a vibrating, weather exposed machine. Good luck. I'd also like to see a daytime picture if you go through with the install. Nighttime pics are worthless...all lights look bright enough at night. It's the daytime affect that other drivers see, that I would wanna see. If you can't tell they're even on during the day, to me it's not worth the trouble and expense.
    2016 RTS , Pearl White