Spyder Garage

Default SM10, SMH10, Cell Phone, and Intercom---correct pairing order

OK.....sold my 2011 and got a 2015 RT-S. Purchased a new SM10 to go with the new spyder. Now I can't seem to get all of the devices to play nice. I even posted instructions some time back on the procedure that I used, but not I am doing something wrong.

Would someone be so kind as to tell me the correct sequence for the combination I listed in the title?

Thanks.....
    Johnny
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015 RT-S (SE6) Special Series

Spyder Garage

Any ideas?
    Johnny
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spyder Garage

Default Recommend pairing order and protocol---From Sena

I received back a response back from Sena for my specific situation and here is what they recommended:

---------------------------
    Kindly follow the pairing procedure below:

1) First, pair each of your SMH10's to each of your mobile phones by doing the mobile phone pairing.

2) Next, pair both of your SMH10's using intercom pairing.

3) Pair one SMH10 to the SM10 using the multipoint pairing for the SMH10 and 1st
    headset pairing process for the SM10.

• SMH10 (multipoint pairing)-press the Jog dial for 5 seconds until red light flash rapidly. Within 2 seconds, tap the phone button, blue light will come on. You will hear voice prompt "Multipoint pairing".

• SM10(1st headset pairing)- Turn on the SM10. Press the Pairing Button for 5 seconds until the Blue LED is rapidly flashing. The SM10 will detect the Bluetooth headset nearby and connection will be made accordingly. If the first headset is connected, the Blue LED will slowly flash.

4)Pair 2nd SMH10 to the SM10 still using the multipoint pairing process for the SMH10 and 2nd headset
    pairing process for the SM10.

• SMH10(multipoint pairing)-press the Jog dial for 5 seconds until red lightflash rapidly. Within 2 seconds, tap the phone button, blue light will come on.

• SM10(2nd headset pairing)- Press the Pairing Button for 9 seconds until the Red LED is rapidly flashing. The SM10 will detect the Bluetooth headset nearby and connection will be made accordingly. If the second headset is connected, the Red LED will slowly flash.

-----------------

I will test (currently at work) and report back as time allows.
    Johnny

Spyder Garage

I have a problem with the instructions Sena gave you. It actually goes against the instructions in the manual for software version 5.1. Since there is only one slot for a BT stereo device. You need to make sure it goes to the SM10. If your phone has a MP3 player function it will take the slot first and leave the SM10 with only mono access. I would clear all pairings and pair the SM10's first. The rest don't matter the order but the phone needs to paired as a second phone using the multipoint pairing procedure.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Instructions I received from SENA Tech Service

FYI...hope it helps. I had trouble with the manual (I thought it was confusing), so I called SENA Tech Service. Phone number is: 866-300-1235. On hold for about 15 minutes, but once the Tech Service person picked up, he was very helpful.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

On my drive home from work I thought about what Sena had emailed me and I agree with your observations.

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I have a problem with the instructions Sena gave you. It actually goes against the instructions in the manual for software version 5.1. Since there is only one slot for a BT stereo device. You need to make sure it goes to the SM10. If your phone has a MP3 player function it will take the slot first and leave the SM10 with only mono access. I would clear all pairings and pair the SM10's first. The rest don't matter the order but the phone needs to paired as a second phone using the multipoint pairing procedure.
    Johnny

Spyder Garage

I believe that this is the route that I will take. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&Teresa View Post
    FYI...hope it helps. I had trouble with the manual (I thought it was confusing), so I called SENA Tech Service. Phone number is: 866-300-1235. On hold for about 15 minutes, but once the Tech Service person picked up, he was very helpful.

Johnny

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&Teresa View Post

Now that looks right to me. Good set of instructions.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

FWIW, here is some amplifying information recently provided me by another Sena support technician when I had a problem gettting the MP3 player on my Zumo 590.

"However, I do want to mention that the unit's hardware has onlyone Bluetooth module, and is limited to one A2DP connection. Firmware updatesdo not change this fact.In the original request, if your GPS was paired using Multipointyou will not be able to listen to MP3 on your Garmin. MP3 requires the A2DPconnection, which Multipoint does not provide.
    To further elaborate, you will not get this explanation in theUser's Guide:
    Phone Pairing: 1st HFP & A2DP
    Selective Phone: 1st HFP
    Media Pairing: A2DP
    Multipoint: 2nd HFP

The SMH10 has 2 HFP and 1 A2DP connection. If you pair the sameA2DP connection to multiple devices, how it's supposed to work is the last onepaired will take priority. But we have seen cases where the first device pairedhas taken priority if it was the device to be powered on first."
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default What finally worked for me.....

I followed the instructions provided to me by Sena......did not work correctly

I tried the routine that worked for Jim&Teresa.....unfortunately it did not work for me

I then tried the routine the routine provided by robmorg and it worked....

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-SMH10-Headset

It seems that the version of firmware that the Sena devices are using plays a huge part in successful operation and how and what is paired.

I upgraded the SMH 10's to 5.1.1 and the SM10 to 1.1 and the routine that robmorg work for me. I disabled the media portion in the pairing of the cell phone before I added the SM10 as robmorg suggested.

Thanks to all who help me get this situation worked out.
    Johnny