Thread: Gearing

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Gearing

Does anyone know if you need to update/replace the ecu/traction if you change from U.K. to U.S. gearing? I'm guessing yes but if anyone knows for sure that would be appreciated.

I understand it is a cruiser but 1st gearing going from 0-58mph is insane on such a low performance engine. The U.S. version seems much more appropriately geared. You'd think they'd make that an option rather than forcing such tall gearing on us UK (and Aus) folk.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bradders View Post
    Does anyone know if you need to update/replace the ecu/traction if you change from U.K. to U.S. gearing? I'm guessing yes but if anyone knows for sure that would be appreciated.
    I don't believe we have seen anyone complete the job so far. One forum member bought sprocket and belt last year but found that that put his SE model into limp mode. He did not post further to say what was needed and his last post suggested that he had spent enough.

I would like to gear our US F3 up to your level.

I understand it is a cruiser but 1st gearing going from 0-58mph is insane on such a low performance engine. The U.S. version seems much more appropriately geared. You'd think they'd make that an option rather than forcing such tall gearing on us UK (and Aus) folk.
    I would love to have your "tall" gearing! After all, it's only a difference of 11%.