Spyder Garage

Default Power Supply Wire Required - How To ?

2015 RT LTD SE6

I want to add one power supply wire for my electric vest. I want this wire to be feed/routed up to my underside of the seat.
    What is the best way to get power from the front frunk area (fuse box) up to the underside of the seat?
    Is there an extra area in the fuse box to plug a wire into for power ?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide me with.
    Last edited by spydertrike; 03-13-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

I ran the battery harness for my electric vest right from the B+ terminal on the alternator to up under the seat. It's a lot closer than the frunk and easy to access to the terminal. I just had to remove the Tupperware on the left side.
    2015 Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick k View Post
    I ran the battery harness for my electric vest right from the B+ terminal on the alternator to up under the seat. It's a lot closer than the frunk and easy to access to the terminal. I just had to remove the Tupperware on the left side.
    I did basically the same, but ran the wires directly from the battery terminals with an inline fuse. Since your electric vest draws a lot of power you do not want to tap into a small gage wire.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Yep--tapped from the B terminl on the alternator

Quote Originally Posted by Rick k View Post
    Like Rick did I used the B+ marked terminal and ran the fused Gerber power wire down from a location on the black plastic panel under the left handlebar just a couple inches left of the parking brake rocker switch. I found a recess under the black plastic in that area that allowed the right-angle Gerber plug to be mounted after drilling a 1/4 inch hole.

Your plug may vary, but worked for me with only the supplied power wire needed.

If I used the positive terminal of the alternator again, I will either remove the battery ground wire first, or be more careful not to arc to many nearby metal ground pieces however....
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for your input. I will install either of the two ways. Not sure which side of the Spyder the alternator is located on? Not sure what you mean by B+. I know the + is positive but what does the B mean?

Thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydertrike View Post
    Thanks everyone for your input. I will install either of the two ways. Not sure which side of the Spyder the alternator is located on? Not sure what you mean by B+. I know the + is positive but what does the B mean?

Thank you
    The area of the alternator you will need access to is on the left side of your spyder. the B+ terminal on the alternator is named that because it connects to the positive terminal of the battery. After taking off the covers on the left side it's the terminal that the heavy gauge wire is connected to on the back of the alternator.
    2015 Can Am Spyder RT Limited