Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by RunSharon View Post
    I have a 2013 ST Limited that I want to tow from FL to WV. I'm looking for a trailer, not too costly but one that I know my Spyder will travel safely on through the mountains of NC, Va and WV. I know nothing about hauling my Spyder so your help and advise is greatly appreciated. I have a Jeep Cherokee that will be pulling the trailer. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Stinger ... https://ca.stingertrailer.com/produc...pyder-trailer/

$2499 CAD ... that means only $1845 USD
    2014 ST Limited

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default this trailer

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayBrown View Post
    Stinger ... https://ca.stingertrailer.com/produc...pyder-trailer/

$2499 CAD ... that means only $1845 USD
    This trailer doesn't appear to have ANY suspension ...... I don't think I'd want my Spyder to take that kind of ride .... jmho .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Agree about the suspension. Also in general looks kinda flimsy to me for the money. (Price now shows as $2499 USD)

If I were to look for a trailer, it'd be a Kendon. I have had one for a while and it's fantastic. Mine's a 'regular' single bike model, not big enough for a Spyder.

Spyder Garage

How much room between the wheel wells. I am looking a 2018 RT and it looks close

Spyder Garage

I use one for my sport bike and sometime a maxi scooter. You use bikes suspension, no harm to bike if you do not crank it down hard. Has a great chock for bikes.
    Well made units from Canada.

Spyder Garage

My windshield sticks up pretty high. Wouldn't it have a tendency to blow off towing it backwards? Mine is a RT vs. your RS. Is your RS windshield lower?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bobleach45 View Post
    The opening on the back end of the trailers at Uhaul are not wide enough to get a Spyder through. I looked into those last year. A friend has an Aluma Trailer that works great and I we take him and his wife out for dinner when we use it.

Take a look at a new post today about an Aluma trailer in Northeast Alabama that just went on for sale in this forum.
    Not all U hauls have the right trailer 6X8
    IMG_6447.JPGIMG_6448.JPG FYI not my in pic. But there was at least 1 trailer floating around U haul somewhere. If you have nowhere to store said trailer when not in use U Haul is handy, condition of the trailer may/may not be, it is a rental. If you have space & budget go ahead & spring for an enclosed trailer say 7X12 they well suited for many things.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ &brake light strips,
    wide vue mirrors
    Lid lox
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP trailer hitch & 622 trailer (with its own list: Spyderpops Lighted Rear Bumpskid, LineX protection on sides, led trim lighting amber front& red rear, stand& tongue handle)THX Cruzr Joe!
    (pics in album)

Spyder Garage

How do you get it in and out?

Spyder Garage

New to Spyders just purchased a 2014 ST Limited and new to the Forum. I have two tow vehicles. A Tacoma that will pull up to 6,000 lbs and a Passat TDI that will pull up to 2,000. So i chose to go to an all aluminum keeping the trailer weight around 500 lbs. Aluma makes dedicated motorcycle trailers MC-1, MC-210 and the TK-1. The 210 and TK=1 will carry a Spyder. But these trailers are for the most part a single purpose trailer. Aluma makes several utility trailers that will fit the Spyder width and length. Unless you are also hauling a motorcycle trailer the 6310 with a 65" x 120" bed will work and the nose does not need to extend over the front allowing you to use the front solid 24" faring to protect the front of the mc. I also purchased the 24" side picket fences and opted for the bi=fold rear tail gate. Its slightly longer than the single ramp but has less wind resistance in the folded position. I have the option of taking off the side (and front) fences when I am carrying the Spyder. I really like the MC ramp that slides in below the deck but for hauling "stuff" you sometimes need a rear gate.
    Aluma 6310 HBT w 24%22st.jpg.
    I ended up buying the 6310 HBT w 24"st with a spare wheel and 4 flush D-Ring tie downs for slightly less than the TK-1 and much less than MC210. I opted for the "H" which means it has a 3500lb axel and 14" tires. I can haul up to 3,000 lb of dirt, mulch, rocks etc. but then I have to use the Taco. For hauling sand or mulch I place a big tarp in the bed, fill the bed and wrap the load like a big burrito. So now my motorcycle tailer is a dual purpose trailer. BTW way I use to have Kendon dual MC trailers. Two issues. I hauled one of my BMW's up to Alaska. By the time I got to Anchorage there wasn't any paint (power coating) on the leading edge of any of the steel. Second by the time I turned 70 I found it impossible to lift up the trailer to store vertical by myself.
    I find I use the utility trailer often around the house and maybe only once a year to transport a motorcycle. I now live near the coast in North Caroline so the aluminum trailer seems to hold up to the weather much better than my Kendon ever did in Alaska.

Spyder Garage

Depending what you are pulling it with suggestion of renting a uhaul trailer may not work, the only uhaul trailer in my area that could fit my spyder was 6 x 12 and they were damn heavy even without the spyder on it. And found out not all utility trailers can be rented one way.
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)