Spyder Garage

Default First Major Farkle - Ultimate Seat

So as improved as it may have been, I had all kinds of issues with stock seat. After around 30-60 minutes I had to wiggle all around and couldn't wait to get off and stretch. The whole thing with BRP selling their own upgraded seat is a disgrace - if they sell a 30k machine, why not put their best seat on it? So I knew I wanted a good aftermarket one, especially with backrest! Also met locally with Reggy from TricLED (lucky to have him 30 min from my house) and after a discussion he highly recommended I look at Ultimate

So I was up at Daytona Bike Week last weekend and looked at Ultimate. I actually walked past the mustang booth but really liked the look of the Ultimate. Des (owner) had his bike there to sit on. It felt good, and even though this was a 'custom' color they consider it stock since it is pre-made, so it comes with 14 day ride guarantee - they are THAT confident in their product and for good reason.

I was on the fence about midrise vs tallboy and fuel door vs none but the only one they had there was the tallboy, and all the 'custom stock' ones had fuel doors. A tip on the fuel door - I heard about heat - they said yes, the black ones get hot in sun but he said the chrome ones actually reflect the fun and stay much cooler. At the end of the day I really didn't care for it but I rather just have the seat considering I was there, they did free install and I get a nice 3.5 hour ride home to really test it.

The backrest is key, helped ALOT. It is very adjustable so I am still playing with finding best riding position but I gotta say after 3 hours in the saddle (albeit broken up with a dinner break) my butt did not hurt at all. To me, so far, this seat is everything people say about it.

And besides, I think it is one of the best looking seats made for the Spyder. Sure enough not more than 5 min after I decided on it another couple came up and bought same exact seat (just in the lighter red), they are in one of the pics watching (black vest).

Hope this helps someone looking at Ultimate seats, I give it 4.5 stars (maybe 5 with more saddle time). I'll have to get better pics here in the light but...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SpyderSteveFL; 04-19-2016 at 09:27 AM.
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Spyder Garage

Default seat

That is very nice!! Great color and very comfortable looking!
    Enjoy
    [SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Nice color combo.

I have to agree, the Ultimate Seat feels like a 1000 tiny angels massaging my butt!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Very nice...

Great color choice, looks amazing congrats... now get out and ryde in comfort....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Guy View Post
    Nice color combo.

I have to agree, the Ultimate Seat feels like a 1000 tiny angels massaging my butt!
    I don't know if I could ride safely, with all of THAT going on!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Your new Ultimate seat looks great.

With regard to BRP's stock seat I couldn't do long distance riding on it with out getting a very sore back side. With the Ultimate, we can do 600 mile days with no seat problems.

In BRP's defence, it just isn't possible to make a stock seat that suits everyone. If I only wanted to do short day trips it would have been fine. Also, I don't think that any bike company typically does any better. I have had only 1 bike that I actually liked the stock seat. One of the changes that almost every bike owner makes is changing their seat and bike makers know this so they don't pour tons of effort into making a seat. Look at 2 wheel bikes and notice how many are using after market seats. It's good that there are several choices for us such as Corbin, RDL, Mustang etc as everyone is different.

Enjoy your new Ultimate. It is worth every penny.

Gary
    Last edited by cognaccruiser; 03-12-2016 at 12:13 PM.
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

I hope that seat is as comfortable as it looks. Great looking seat. I guess I need to check them out, cause that seat sure would look great on my 2015 RTS. Thanks for posting a picture.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Spyder Steve That is a mighty fine looking perch should be able to enjoy all the rides now

Al
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteveFL View Post
    So as improved as it may have been, I had all kinds of issues with stock seat. After around 30-60 minutes I had to wiggle all around and could wait to get off and stretch. The who thing with BRP selling there own upgraded seat is a disgrace - if they sell a 30k machine, why not put their best seat on it? So I knew I wanted a good aftermarket one, especially with backrest! Also met locally with Reggy from TricLED (lucky to have him 30 min from my house) and after a discussion he highly recommended I look at Ultimate

So I was up at Daytona Bike Week last weekend and looked at Ultimate. I actually walked past the mustang booth but really liked the look of the Ultimate. Des (owner) had his bike there to sit on. It felt good, and even though this was a 'custom' color they consider it stock since it is premade, so it comes with 14 day ride guarantee - they are THAT confident in their product and for good reason.

I was on the fence about midrise vs tallboy and fuel door vs none but the only one they had there was the tallboy, and all the 'custom stock' ones had fuel doors. A tip on the fuel door - I heard about heat - they said yes, the black ones get hot in sun but he said the chrome ones actually reflect the fun and stay much cooler. At the end of the day I really didn't care for it but I rather just have the seat considering I was there, they did free install and I get a nice 3.5 hour ride home to really test it.

The backrest is key, helped ALOT. It is very adjustable so I am still playing with finding best riding position but I gotta say after 3 hours in the saddle (albeit broken up with a dinner break) my butt did not hurt at all. To me, so far, this seat is everything people say about it.

And besides, I think it is one of the best looking seats made for the Spyder. Sure enough not more than 5 min after I decided on it another couple came up and bought same exact seat (just in the lighter red), they are in one of the pics watching (black vest).

Hope this helps someone looking at Ultimate seats, I give it 4.5 stars (maybe 5 with more saddle time). I'll have to get better pics here in the light but...

Now that is a good looking seat.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SpyderSteveFL;1101789]So as improved as it may have been, I had all kinds of issues with stock seat. After around 30-60 minutes I had to wiggle all around and could wait to get off and stretch. The who thing with BRP selling there own upgraded seat is a disgrace - if they sell a 30k machine, why not put their best seat on it? So I knew I wanted a good aftermarket one, especially with backrest! Also met locally with Reggy from TricLED (lucky to have him 30 min from my house) and after a discussion he highly recommended I look at Ultimate

So I was up at Daytona Bike Week last weekend and looked at Ultimate. I actually walked past the mustang booth but really liked the look of the Ultimate. Des (owner) had his bike there to sit on. It felt good, and even though this was a 'custom' color they consider it stock since it is premade, so it comes with 14 day ride guarantee - they are THAT confident in their product and for good reason.

[/QUOTE Not trying to get personal, but how much did that farkle cust? Did they kept your original seat? P M is fine if you prefer!

Spyder Garage

Damn I'm jealous! Can I borrow it sometimes? Come on were are both Floridians

Spyder Garage

Bought the same seat (although with tan accents to compliment the Bronze Beauty) last year at Bike Week. BEST investment I've ever made!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​Jeff

2012 RT Limited Lava Bronze (aka "The Bronze Beauty")
    Ultimate faux crocodile seat, backrest , and armrests in cognac-/black, Luggage nets, luggage, drink holders, top mirror, shorty antenna, SENA SMH10 headsets and SMR10 dongle, Garmin 665lm, Tri-pouch, Trunk mount flag poles, Custom Dynamics vent covers, Show Crome Luggage Rack, custom mud flap, Full Size Brake Pedal, Tricled mirror turn signals, LED strips on rear of front fenders, custom highway pegs, BakerBuilt Air Wings w/ Uppers
    2012 RT Limited , Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lou49 View Post
    Not trying to get personal, but how much did that farkle cust? Did they kept your original seat? P M is fine if you prefer!
    Lou,

It was around $1450. The only advantage at bike week was they threw in free seat cover and free install. Check out their website at ultimateseats.ca
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box