Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    That would be my only knock on RDL. But they don't do seat pans for any make. I was able to pick up a donor seat cheap. Tom
    That is the way to do that for sure. Make sure to post pictures of that fine seat when it comes in..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Casher50 View Post
    I may have a weird butt but so far I like the stock seat. However, I have only ridden about two hundred miles at a time. Maybe its just in comparison to the horrible seat on my Honda Shadow Aero 750, but I have been favorably impressed with the stock seat.
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TEWKS View Post
    One little negative I found today is the seat will scuff your paint were it sits against the body panels. I suggest getting some clear film to protect the paint around the front edges. Not really a huge issue, you don't see it until you lift the seat.
    Pat
    Have you called Mustang about this issue???? I don't think one should have to use 2 pieces of food film to keep your paint from be in scuffed by a custom seat.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

No, I didn't. I had a Corbin do the same thing on a BMW I had, so, I sorta expected it. But you're right, they may actually want to hear from customers to improve the product.

Pat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are the hinge-points at the rear of the sear fixed? If there's a little bit of "wiggle room" in their mounting; you might be able to adjust that area of rubbing out of existence...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I ordered directly from mustang. Caught a sale and saved 10% plus no sales tax as I was out of state. Not many miles on it but so far so good.
    2015 RTS White

Spyder Garage

Oh, sure would like to see the seat mounted on a white Spyder!

Bob, AFAIK there's no adjustment at the back of the seat. Great thought though!

Pat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TEWKS View Post
    No, I didn't. I had a Corbin do the same thing on a BMW I had, so, I sorta expected it. But you're right, they may actually want to hear from customers to improve the product. Pat
    I called Mustang this afternoon. Since they are not members here, they can't monitor this site. If you want your issue addressed, you're going to have to communicate them. Other things I found out:
    A. They will be at Spyderfest, and
    B. They have NO plans to put a gas door in their seat.
    Hope you find this info helpful.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Adam Jamka;1101726]Hello all.

Riding season is getting close here in Vermont and I am going to buy a new seat for my Spyder.

I have looked at them all, I have had Corbin seats in the past and always end up thinking they are to stiff. So that seat is out.
    I keep going back to the Mustang seat with the passenger backrest. for the Wife, I like the looks of it and the fact that they are hand made really interests me. Do any of you men have one on your Spyder, and if you do how do you like the feel of it on your butt? I need to get rid of the stock seat, it makes my butt numb after a couple of hours in the saddle..
    May I please have your thoughts.
    Thanks........
    I have the ultimate tall boy and I have no complaints

Spyder Garage

Default Mustang seat

My seat has shipped!!! It wont be long now before it will be in my hands. I will post some pictures of it once it gets here..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    I called Mustang this afternoon. Since they are not members here, they can't monitor this site. If you want your issue addressed, you're going to have to communicate them. Other things I found out:
    A. They will be at Spyderfest, and
    B. They have NO plans to put a gas door in their seat.
    Hope you find this info helpful.
    Thanks Mike!

Pat

Spyder Garage

Default Mustang seat

The seat finally arrived. All I can say is Wow, There is a difference between stock and a custom seat. The quality of the Mustang seat is just amazing.
    you immediately notice the difference once you set on the seat. I look forward to getting some hours on the seat to see how it performs.

I have some pictures for you all to see below. Installation was pretty straight forward, it took me about 1-1/2 hours to do. they have an installation video on YouTube, that was helpful.

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Amen on the Mustang over the poor Aero Seat..

Quote Originally Posted by Casher50 View Post
    I may have a weird butt but so far I like the stock seat. However, I have only ridden about two hundred miles at a time. Maybe its just in comparison to the horrible seat on my Honda Shadow Aero 750, but I have been favorably impressed with the stock seat.
    One of the first changes over Hondas OEM seat on my 07 Aero was to get a Mustang seat. Best comfort item followed by boards and pegs. I still miss that Aero, put more miles on it than the Road King or our Spyders so far. 50 miles on the Shadow seat was about it, and I get the sore butt after about 200 on the RT. Still looking and reading before pulling the trigger on an upgrade... Thanks to all the posts thus far
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss