Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Mustang Touring seat

Hello all.

Riding season is getting close here in Vermont and I am going to buy a new seat for my Spyder.

I have looked at them all, I have had Corbin seats in the past and always end up thinking they are to stiff. So that seat is out.
    I keep going back to the Mustang seat with the passenger backrest. for the Wife, I like the looks of it and the fact that they are hand made really interests me. Do any of you men have one on your Spyder, and if you do how do you like the feel of it on your butt? I need to get rid of the stock seat, it makes my butt numb after a couple of hours in the saddle..
    May I please have your thoughts.
    Thanks........

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that we're ALL waiting for that first "Report From The Saddle"...
    Nobody has said anything about them yet...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I know you asked about Mustang but I picked up an Ultimate seat in Daytona and it is fantastic. I couldn't sit on stock longer than 30-60 min without achy butt and I rode back 3 hours on the Ultimate with no problem.
    NEW/CURRENT (Wife's Bike, I ride Goldwing/Africa Twin)
    2023 RT Limited Petrol Blue Metallic
    Working on the upgrades... so far... Show Chrome Isolator Fuse Block, Tackform Adventure Wireless charger phone mount

OLD/TRADED
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl
    Farkles: Ultimate Tallboy seat, FOBO, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Spyder Cuff, Kradellock, TricLED lighting - fenders, A-Arms, saddlebags, run/brake, Custom Dynamics high brake light, brake modulator, Drink2Go passenger, MUTH turn signal mirrors, Bajaron sway bar, Kuryakyn ISO grips, SpyderTV front grilles & rear trunk organizer, homemade trunk light
    Pending: Elka shocks, Yokohama S Drive rear tire, EVO 595 front tires, Centramatic balancers, Neutrino black box

Spyder Garage

I'm on the fence too waiting on a report from others about the Mustang seat...

http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...r-RT-2010-2016
    Shooter
    972-467-8077

Spyder Garage

Default You can be the first....

I'm with the rest waiting to see how they have done with the spyder seat. Their motorcycle seat have had great reviews so it should be a good one...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Mustang Seats

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    I'm with the rest waiting to see how they have done with the spyder seat. Their motorcycle seat have had great reviews so it should be a good one...
    I had a mustang seat with drivers backrest on my 2 wheeler, the difference between the stock seat and the mustang was like night and day. I can't say how it would be on the spyder but would be interested to see how it stacks up against the ultimate, the mustang is cheaper but my butt has no fathom of money, so will watch for reports like everyone else. I am currently running the comfort seat with drivers backrest.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

Well I just took the plunge and ordered the seat and the backrest for the Passenger. I will let you all know what I think once I get the chance to get some miles on it. I live in Vermont so it will be a few weeks before I came comment on the ride, but I will.

Spyder Garage

I had three Mustang seats on assorted two wheelers. By far, a noticeable improvement over OEM.

Waiting to hear that first revue to see if they are as good as the other Mustang seats.

PS: Hey Mustang--If you need a tester that rides a lot, and will give a review--give me a holler. I can install or get it installed when the package arrives.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Bought and installed the Mustang about a month ago. Only about 50 miles on it but a major improvement no doubt! I believe you'll be very happy with your decision.

Pat

Spyder Garage

One little negative I found today is the seat will scuff your paint were it sits against the body panels. I suggest getting some clear film to protect the paint around the front edges. Not really a huge issue, you don't see it until you lift the seat.

Pat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

of the affected area?
    You're right; there's an easy solution available for this sort of issue...

Spyder Garage

Good idea! Not terrible but yup, something that can be avoided.

Pat
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh! I forgot to ask to see a picture of the new seat on your bike...

Spyder Garage

How's this? Think I said it before but the seat is awesome so far!

Pat
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That seat looks GREAT on your bike!!

Spyder Garage

Default Get that bike out of there....

You better move that spyder, your going to get that fantastic, clean shop dirty!

Im envious, great looking spyder and shop....
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Thanks, yours ain't too bad either! Yeah, the garage is rather obscene in a man town sorta way.

It became possible out of two things I thought were negatives at the time. About ten years ago the town ran sewage through my side yard. They wanted to go through my septic system but I made them go around it. A few years later my system failed and I had to hook up anyway. $$
    This left me enough room where the system was for the garage!

Pat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    You better move that spyder, your going to get that fantastic, clean shop dirty!

Im envious, great looking spyder and shop....
    I thought that it was my Doctor's examination room...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If my math is correct, the complete "package" is close to $1200.00. How does cost compare with the Corbin, Ultimate and RDL offerings??????????
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    If my math is correct, the complete "package" is close to $1200.00. How does cost compare with the Corbin, Ultimate and RDL offerings??????????
    All close to each other price wise. Don't forget shipping costs. Mustang, $1300, RDL, $1330. Corbin, $1400. I have a RDL on the way. Custom made from the ground up. Also more color choices. As well as stitching choices. RDL takes 6 weeks to be made. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

A little cheaper than MSRP & free shipping.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/mu...p/part/M-76196

Pat

Spyder Garage

I may have a weird butt but so far I like the stock seat. However, I have only ridden about two hundred miles at a time. Maybe its just in comparison to the horrible seat on my Honda Shadow Aero 750, but I have been favorably impressed with the stock seat.
    2011 Spyder RT SM5
    2006 Honda Shadow Aero 750
    1974 Rokon MX340
    1984 Toyota tube buggy (Truggy) rock crawler (highly modified)
    2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser(modifiedfor off-roaduse)

Spyder Garage

Default Mustang seat

The best price I found was from one of our sponsors right here on this site. Value Accessory's.
    you can get the complete setup for your spyder for $1,041.65. That will include free shipping and a t-shirt.
    At that price it was a no brainier, really. And who does not like free Swag...
    I have used them a few times now and I am always happy with the pricing and the service they provide. Good people.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    All close to each other price wise. Don't forget shipping costs. Mustang, $1300, RDL, $1330. Corbin, $1400. I have a RDL on the way. Custom made from the ground up. Also more color choices. As well as stitching choices. RDL takes 6 weeks to be made. Tom
    The only thing I did not like about this seat was the fact that you had to ship them your old seat to us it as the pan. I would much rather keep my stock seat, for that price I would much rather have a custom pan made for my ride. But to each his own. I am sure it will be a fine seat.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jamka View Post
    The only thing I did not like about this seat was the fact that you had to ship them your old seat to us it as the pan. I would much rather keep my stock seat, for that price I would much rather have a custom pan made for my ride. But to each his own. I am sure it will be a fine seat.

That would be my only knock on RDL. But they don't do seat pans for any make. I was able to pick up a donor seat cheap. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL