Spyder Garage

Default RearBrake Pads-What's the Trick?

After replacing the rear tire on my 14 RT-ES I removed (actually just swung out of the way) the pads to screw in the piston. By the way you have to have the emergency brake to do this. Any way now i'm having trouble getting the pad tab into the metal clip/slide. any hints?

Spyder Garage

Default Rear Brake Pads-What's the Trick?

If you set your parking brake you will need to release it to get things to go back together again. Also the clips are directional; only go one way, ask me how I know this
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I just replaced the rear brake pads on my 2014 RTS. After you screw in the piston, all the way in, the new pads "fall around" and you need to mess with them to get them in place and on the rotor. It's a pain and a lot of cussing and holding your mouth right and then magically, they all fall into place and they are on. No idea how they fell together, but the did.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

I finally got them in-you have to put the bottom in first in order to get them past the little tab on the metal slide plate. I would inclose a picture except my phone and computer arn't talking to each other right now.