Spyder Garage

Default Current helmet speaker info?

The wife and I are really enjoying our second season on the RT. What is the consensus on best quality bluetooth helmet system. We currently have GMAX helmets. Would like to be able to listen to the radio and talk on the phone. Is SENE 20S a good system? Hope to see new friends at Springfield this year.

Spyder Garage

While we do love our Bluetooth headsets, they are Schuberth, set in Schuberth helmets. Work very well with the Spyder!
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Spyder Garage

Brand: Sena. Call Motocycle Dave. He is a sponsor. Best pricing, knowledgeable and a heck of a nice guy.

Spyder Garage

The consensus of the members seems to favor Sena 20, then Cardo (Scala).

I have used Chatterbox, Nolan, Cardo, and now Sena. I vote Sena.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

i have Torc helmets with it built in, DOT and ECE approved Helmets with bluetooth installed for half the price of a SENA, the audio works fine for music and GPS directions but the rider to passenger or other rider does not work anywhere near a SENA or similar. From what i have heard those you can hear each other clearly up to 70 mph. With the built ins maybe 30 but really what i use them for when riding with a buddy is when we pull up to a stop to say hey which way do you want to go, do you want to stop etc. and for that they work fine. They do have the advantage of not having a big receiver on the outside of the helmet.

Which GMAX do you have? Do you like it? i always have worn full face coming from 2 wheels and still having a 2 wheeler but thinking about buying a GMAX 67 open face just for the spyder.
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I love the Sena 20s headsets. Coming from the 2 wheel touring bike, I have used a lot of wired sets, J&M, Edsets, Honda, and Yamaha, and not one of these work as good or sound as good as the Sena 20s. If you pair it with the Sena app on your smart phone, you have a lot of setting, and sound tailoring options.

I also like the ambient noise button so I can hear people talking to me at the gas pump without taking the helmet off.

My wife called me as I was cruising at 80 down the freeway, I verbally told the Sena to answer the call, spoke to her, and she said it was so clear she thought I was still in the office.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Sena SMH-10 Headset vs Newer S20

I am curious to know the answer to this question...

For those that have used the Sena SMH-10 headset and then switched to the S20 when it came out, is there any difference in the quality of the sound when listening to music, or are they about the same in music quality? I am wondering if it is worth the money to update JUST for sound quality. I don't need the other new features the S20 offers.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

I rather like my Uclear 200
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    I am curious to know the answer to this question...

For those that have used the Sena SMH-10 headset and then switched to the S20 when it came out, is there any difference in the quality of the sound when listening to music, or are they about the same in music quality? I am wondering if it is worth the money to update JUST for sound quality. I don't need the other new features the S20 offers.

YES!!!

Big upgrade in the sound quality. Big upgrade in the reduction of background noise in the intercom. Also the intercom / music multitasking mode is amazing. Big step up from the SMH-10.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Just moved my Sena 20s

My wife and I both upgraded to Schuberth helmets this winter and I moved our Sena 20s over and can't wait to take them for a test drive. We previously had the can am district helmets, and the fit and feel between the two is not even comparable. The schuberth is supposed to be one of the quietest helmets going. We really enjoyed the Sena last year so it should be even better this year in the new melon protectors.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis View Post
    Brand: Sena. Call Motocycle Dave. He is a sponsor. Best pricing, knowledgeable and a heck of a nice guy.
    +1!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i got my sena's from dave, my wife & i are very very happy with it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Horsecobbler View Post
    The wife and I are really enjoying our second season on the RT. What is the consensus on best quality bluetooth helmet system. We currently have GMAX helmets. Would like to be able to listen to the radio and talk on the phone. Is SENE 20S a good system? Hope to see new friends at Springfield this year.
    I have a GMax helmet and the UClear HBC200 system fits and works perfectly. My buddy tried one in his Bell 3/4 helmet and said it hurt his ears so not a good fit in some helmets apparently. Love not having a microphone at my mouth anymore and the UClear has friends telling me they can't tell I'm riding my Spyder down the interstate while talking to them on my IPhone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk