Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 floor board supports and boards installed on 2012 RT Limited

Hi Everyone
    I wanted to post this because everyone I talked to except a mechanic in Mesa, AZ at a BRP Dealer told me that I could not install the 2013 Floor Board supports and floor boards on my 2012 RT Limited and I couldn’t find anything on this site about someone that had done the change. Well contrary to most belief’s it is possible and it’s as simple as taking the old supports and Pegs off and bolting the New ones on without any modification (except for the spacer in between the two bearings on the old brake pedal) which if I had known that the new brake pedal didn’t come with the bearings and spacer I would have ordered one from the start. Anyway I had to cut the old spacer down to about 5/8” from 1” to get it to work in the new pedal.
    I was able to pick up everything I needed for the install from a company on eBay and yes it isn’t cheap ($1345.00 shipped) but what a difference the new boards make on a long ride. Any way just wanted to post it in case someone else was thinking of changing their begs out for the Boards.

SORRY I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG SECTION

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lava Flow; 03-07-2016 at 06:20 PM. Reason: posted in wrong section