Spyder Garage

Default ultra touring windscreens

good day all, i have questions about the ultra touring windscreens,i have an 09 RS SE5,i have been looking at them and have found different part numbers for the 25 inch ones. Are some narrower in the main section, the pics i have seen lead me to believe that there are different shapes. I want the wider one. Also how do you like them.
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Default From what I've seen

Their is a 23" and 25". You're also suppose to buy a bracket component for it as well.

2012 RSS (Wife's)
    2015 F3S (Mine)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry don't recall the part no for the wide 25", but on my 09 RS it just screwed straight on.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Sorry don't recall the part no for the wide 25", but on my 09 RS it just screwed straight on.

Spyder Garage

I have the 25' ON MY RS

AND YES THERE ARE BRACKETS THAT GO BETWEEN WINDSHIELD AND SPYDER

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a 2012 RS-S and the 23" screen there were no additional parts required it mounts in the same location ans the original.
    I think the question was about width and I think that depends on if you are getting a OEM part or aftermarket. jtpollock

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have had 2 2009 GS's. I also have 2 Touring windscreens one is a BRP with the humps for the handle bars which is GREAT here where it tends to get a little chilly in the winter. I also have one that is similar with out the handle bar bumps which is like the stock one just a wee taller. I would say for ryding around town stay with the shorty, maybe get the carbon fiber shorty like I have!!

Both my OEM BRP and my aftermarket mount the same way I didn't need any additional parts.The width was not a problem at all!
    Last edited by Smokinspyder; 03-24-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Custom stock height carbon fiber wind screen
    Lamonster " custom" Spyder trunk decal
    Tricled Super white mini bulbs
    Tricled Cat eyes
    Spyderpops missing belt guard
    Custom Spyder Decals
    Carbon wheels
    PHANTOM * many other mods done *
    *Member of the Woodstock spyder ryders *

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default windsheild

Quote Originally Posted by Smokinspyder View Post
    I have had 2 2009 GS's. I also have 2 Touring windscreens one is a BRP with the humps for the handle bars which is GREAT here where it tends to get a little chilly in the winter. I also have one that is similar with out the handle bar bumps which is like the stock one just a wee taller. I would say for ryding around town stay with the shorty, maybe get the carbon fiber shorty like I have!!

Both my OEM BRP and my aftermarket mount the same way I didn't need any additional parts.The width was not a problem at all!

Two years ago I bought from C-Bailey their 24" touring winsheild for my 2009GS
    No regrets, works well and also less $$$ than many others, check out their web site,
    Cbailey.com

Spyder Garage

I do believe there were different part numbers for the touring windshields. There was definitely a slightly different shaped one installed on other Spyders at local dealer.

I bought a 2010 RS with a touring shield. It had brackets and you can see them in this BRP link:
    http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/...Windshield_Kit

Close up from the same site:
    http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/...109fa12935.jpg

It didn't work well for me, horrible buffeting, so I sold it. From best I can remember, the holes in the shield lined up with the brackets but not the spyder body so it would not mount without the brackets.

Spyder Garage

I put on the OEM ultra touring 23", with the wider bumps for your hands. The holes in it do not line up with the stock holes and require a bracket. There is also a matching 25" version that mounts the same way. I'm 5'7" and the 23" is perfect, sending the air flow just above my helmet. Taller riders would need the 25".

The sport touring fits the standard mounting holes, but doesn't have the hand bumps, but it is only 14" tall. I have seen a narrower one, without the hand bumps (same width as the sport touring) that is taller, probably close to the 23" or 25", and fit the stock holes, but it wasn't OEM. Not sure what brand it was.

Cy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cy
    1. Why do they call you Cy? It's short for Sexy Cyclops
    2. What happened to your eye? Space Monkeys happened.
    3. What do you ride? Black 2015 Cam Am Spyder RS

Spyder Garage

I put the 25" touring screen on our 2010 RSS and it screwed right on as well. It has been a great addition. I love how when it's raining you can move your helmet to a certain level and angle and the all the water gets blasted right off your visor!
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Default My 2 cents....

Quote Originally Posted by GS1 View Post
    good day all, i have questions about the ultra touring windscreens,i have an 09 RS SE5,i have been looking at them and have found different part numbers for the 25 inch ones. Are some narrower in the main section, the pics i have seen lead me to believe that there are different shapes. I want the wider one. Also how do you like them.
    I installed the 23" touring on my 2011 RSS and it does have the additional brackets which in addition to create a wind gap to help form a nice pocket behind the windscreen , it also changes the windscreen angle which keeps the top edge from protruding to far aft.

I'm 5'8" and the top of the windscreen falls perfectly at eye level such that I can lower my head and the airstream breaks over the top of my helmet visor. Or sit up just a bit and look over the top. Very pleased with the purchase.
    Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't
    mean the circus has left town.
    - George Carlin

Hollywood, Maryland
    2015 F3S, SE-6
    oem backrest, oem saddlebags, F4 Customs windshield, oem fog lights
    2011 RSS, SE-5
    Handlebar Riser, Heat Wraped exhaust, Power ports int./ext., 23" touring windshield, Led brake lighting strips.

2014 RTL , Black

Spyder Garage

Default 25"

I have the 25" with the handle bar dams , works great . Although I loved the air rush that I have missed being off a bike for a few years with the stock short shield , it became a bit much on longer rides on major highways . Yep it helps big time if it starts to rain as well

Spyder Garage

Default My Thanks

you guys are the best the info given has helped me figure out what i want to get for my next addition to the . will post pics as soon as i get it installed
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Default 25" installed

Got the windscreen on Monday night, installed it on Tuesday after work,read all the post about the plastic screws and still broke 1 replaced with the old screws. i rode in on Wednesday (33 deg) there was a clam from waist to head, had more air flow around the legs ( didn't get the deflectors ). thank you guys for all your input looks to be 1 of my better buys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GS1; 04-06-2016 at 07:59 AM.
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Default Deflectors

I suggest you find a set of the deflectors that came as part of the kit with the ultra touring shield you have. The windshield and deflectors were designed together, and work best as a set.

Spyder Garage

i have the taller oem windshiled and baker air wings on my 08 gs and unless there is a tornado i dont feel any wind at all, have to change to shorty in mid summer to keep from overheating but use tall on most of the time

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Spyder 21" Clear WIndshield Cee Baileys Custom made in USA

I bought a Can Am Spyder 21" Clear WIndshield Cee Baileys Custom made in USA on ebay for $145.45 and love it. Great quality and does a great job blocking the wind & look over the windshield not through it.

( http://www.ebay.com/itm/271283897780...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT )

Spyder Garage

Quick update on my windshield adventure:

I sold my touring screen to another member here that was local. I see he finally put his bike up for sale on CL. The buffeting was just too much for me @ 6'2" with bar risers and comfort seat putting me further back than stock riding position.

I ordered a 24" Madstad based on the information on their site. Big improvement but over 65 mph I was still getting buffeting no matter where I put the shield. I also couldn't really use it at the settings they suggested so had it all the way down and tilted as far back as possible which meant a lot of wind noise.
    Contacted Madstad support and worked with Blair/Mark to get a taller, 26", shield cut. Just got that installed last week and it works perfectly. It is set about 1" from the lowest setting and near 60 degree tilt as they suggested. Finally I enjoy riding at interstate speeds. Sure, it is a big shield but I don't mind and the buffeting was a real deal breaker for me since I am the only one that drives the Spyder now.

Tip on those unsure and shopping around for shields, keep the plastic cover on that comes with the shield or wrap in plastic kitchen wrap to protect. Clear packing tape can be used to secure the extra plastic so it doesn't flap around. Carefully poke holes through the plastic for mounting. This will keep the shield protected and should allow for a return/swap if needed. Doesn't look pretty but might save you a restock/damage fee.