Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Kicker Sound System

Has anyone installed the Kicker PXIBT100.2 amp on an F3 ? I like the setup compared to the shark system but wondering about the volume at higher speeds

Spyder Garage

Back during my car audio selling days, Kicker was a reliable brand that usually exceeded expectations. 50 watts rms per channel should be plenty of volume for a bike, it'd be a nice match for some marine grade 5.25" speakers.
    '82 Honda MB5, '98 Yamaha VStar Classic, '14 Honda Grom, '15 Indian Scout, '15 Can Am Spyder F3S SE6

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default AMPS VS. WHAT YOU HEAR

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Spyder View Post
    Back during my car audio selling days, Kicker was a reliable brand that usually exceeded expectations. 50 watts rms per channel should be plenty of volume for a bike, it'd be a nice match for some marine grade 5.25" speakers.
    IMHO....It's not about the AMP, it's the speakers that matter.........You don't hear the AMP, you only hear the speakers.....................so spend your money there.........Mike

Spyder Garage

While its true the speaker is the actual item that creates the sound, it has nothing to do with how loud the music comes out. When you turn the volume up or down, that is the role of the amplifier. The amplifier takes the original signal and increases the amplitude so it sounds louder than the original input.

The amplifier and speaker are both important but in an application like our Spyders, clean sound at relatively high volume levels is key. Keeping the sound clean and distortion free at high volume is what the amp does. I would choose a system with average speakers and a quality amp over a system with a mediocre amp and superior speakers. Of course ideally we'd want both great speakers and a great amp, but most people's budget is limited.
    '82 Honda MB5, '98 Yamaha VStar Classic, '14 Honda Grom, '15 Indian Scout, '15 Can Am Spyder F3S SE6

Spyder Garage

Default VERY INTERESTING

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Spyder View Post
    While its true the speaker is the actual item that creates the sound, it has nothing to do with how loud the music comes out. When you turn the volume up or down, that is the role of the amplifier. The amplifier takes the original signal and increases the amplitude so it sounds louder than the original input.

The amplifier and speaker are both important but in an application like our Spyders, clean sound at relatively high volume levels is key. Keeping the sound clean and distortion free at high volume is what the amp does. I would choose a system with average speakers and a quality amp over a system with a mediocre amp and superior speakers. Of course ideally we'd want both great speakers and a great amp, but most people's budget is limited.
    ....My 2014 RT had the stock Amp and Speakers and sounded like cr*p.......... I kept the AMP but swapped the speakers for JBL 2 OHM GTO's and now it ROCKS.........and a lot of people here say this won't/can't /doesn't work etc. etc.,,,,,,,,,,,well tell that to my system, but talk very loud because otherwise it won't hear you ..................just sayin......Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Kuryakyn Sound of Chrome

I have had the Kuryakyn "Sound of Chrome" speakers mounted for about 6 months now...they are great and I don't have the best hearing (actually, I wear hearing aids.) They are simply bluetooth speakers that run off of my iPhone. I'm very happy with them. Just "okay" at 70-plus mph, but great at speeds under that.
    I'd buy them again.
    F3S Steel Black Metallic
    Former owner of '12 RT-S SE-5 and '09 GS SM5

Spyder Garage

Default KURYAKYN SPEAKERS

Quote Originally Posted by Slagiatt View Post
    I have had the Kuryakyn "Sound of Chrome" speakers mounted for about 6 months now...they are great and I don't have the best hearing (actually, I wear hearing aids.) They are simply bluetooth speakers that run off of my iPhone. I'm very happy with them. Just "okay" at 70-plus mph, but great at speeds under that.
    I'd buy them again.
    ...If you are going to Spyderfest, I'd like to meet up with you.......Mike ...........PM me

Spyder Garage

On my 14 RT I have hand made DC gold speakers and a compact 400 watt Rockford Fosgate amp. To round it out I have a 400 watt base amp/speaker combo in my frunk. If your into high quality music with ample sound this set up does it. The JL speakers are ok but they cannot handle anymore power than the stock speakers so given any amount of amplification you will blow them, ask me how I know, lol.

The JL's definately put out better sound but at no more volume than stock, they just sound cleaner so you can crank the stock radio up higher without distortion. With my current set up I can set the volume high enough to override all of the road noise and then some. DC Golds come in the correct size to fit my standard enclosures and they are perfectly matched to the amplifier.

This set up is not cheap but price is relative to what you hope to obtain. It is not unusual for a car audio system to cost many thousands but with an enclosed cab the sound can be increadable. For motorcycles you can not achieve that level of perfection but you can have a high end system for around $1,000.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Well

Nothing sounds more obnoxious than some one Ryding a motorcycle with their music blaring away as they Ryde down the street. Invest in a good com system and listen to YOUR music and enjoy! Nobody else wants to listen to your music!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Pirate looks at --;1099673]Nothing sounds more obnoxious than some one Ryding a motorcycle with their music blaring away as they Ryde down the street. Invest in a good com system and listen to YOUR music and enjoy! Nobody else wants to listen to your music!

Helmets speakers sound like crap! No way.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Nothing sounds more obnoxious than some one Ryding a motorcycle with their music blaring away as they Ryde down the street. Invest in a good com system and listen to YOUR music and enjoy! Nobody else wants to listen to your music!
    To each his own...

Spyder Garage

Default HAND RAISED

I HAVE!
    I have the three Powersports amps from kicker.
    PX 50.2BT running two JL Marine Tweeters and Blue Tooth purposes.
    PX 300.4 running four JL Marine speakers
    PX 500.1 running a Kicker 8" sub.
    AND I DONT CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY OR THINK AS I RIDE WHAT I PAID FOR.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=duke50;1099696]

Helmets speakers sound like crap! No way.

Good ones actually sound FAR better at much lower sound pressure levels when at highway speed.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

More obnoxious than a loud exhaust?

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beejay View Post
    Where and how do you mount the 4 speakers?

Mark
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Spyder Garage

Default Sound System

I just installed Pyle PLMCA51BT Bluetooth Weatherproof Speaker & Amplifier System. Got it off of Amazon. Took it out for a ride, sounds good even going down the interstate at 75 MPH. Install was straight forward, had it in and playing in about an hour the amp and wires concealed .

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

HERES HOW I MOUNTED MINE AND THEY SOUND GRATE,AND THIS ONE IS ONLY 100WAT

Spyder Garage

Curious...in regards to adding an amp. Did you folks find a means to get oem sound system amp to put out low output for the new amp, or did you basically drive the new amp after going through the oem amp?

PK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nyparrothead View Post
    Where and how do you mount the 4 speakers?

Mark
    I drilled a hole in the gauge mount bracket and mounted the speakers to it.

Spyder Garage

Default MY SYSTEM

WHAT WORKS FROM SOME MAY NOT WORK FOR OTHERS. MY BYKE. MY LYKES!

Spyder Garage

That is nice!
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default system Pics or video

Could you post pics and video of what it sounds like ?
    Quote Originally Posted by WIDOWSSON View Post
    I HAVE!
    I have the three Powersports amps from kicker.
    PX 50.2BT running two JL Marine Tweeters and Blue Tooth purposes.
    PX 300.4 running four JL Marine speakers
    PX 500.1 running a Kicker 8" sub.
    AND I DONT CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY OR THINK AS I RIDE WHAT I PAID FOR.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Now that's what I'm talking about !

Where did you get the speakers / Enclosures ? Are they all custom ? Under $1500 ? I don't want the sub since the F3's trunk is so small

Quote Originally Posted by WIDOWSSON View Post
    WHAT WORKS FROM SOME MAY NOT WORK FOR OTHERS. MY BYKE. MY LYKES!

Spyder Garage

Default Posted Pics

How do you post videos?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Safety View Post
    Could you post pics and video of what it sounds like ?