Spyder Garage

Default Akrapovic Sport Silencer Question

Looking to install the Akrapovic Sport Silencer on my 2013 STS to replace my OEM muffler. Just wondering how involved it is. As I understand it is just a simple bolt or "slip on"? Also does any tuning need to take place with the computer to compensate for the new muffler? I saw one forum member indicate on a thread from a few years ago that this is not necessary but I just want to confirm what I would be getting into

Spyder Garage

I believe once it is installed it tells you to run it at idle for so many minutes for the computer to adjust. The hardest part is getting the OEM muffler off. I ended up cutting off the 2 bolts.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

What does the akrapovic sport silencer sound like???? I don't want loud just sort of a mellow rumble. Thanx from fargo nd keep it safe out there

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Sounds great!!!

I installed the Akrapovic Sport myself. It bolts on as if built from the Can Am factory. I did need to cut off one of the existing bolts by the springs as well. It took about 20 minutes. I took the baffles out before I even installed the pipe. The sound in my opinion is perfect! Nicer lower rumble without being annoying. No tuning necessary. Enjoy.

ps: I considered several pipes and scoured this site for weeks. Most of the other pipes always looked worn or weathered after use. The Akro stays the same. Good choice.