Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyont know where I can get the No Magic Neon HID headlight bulbs or an equivalent?

As you probably already know, No Magic was bought out by Custom Dynamics and Custom Dynamics no longer offers the bulbs based on a conversation I had with them yesterday, due to lack of interest, they said. I found that curious because having researched the forum for several hours looking for the top (favorite) mods, it appeared to me that the No Magic HID and Baha Ron anti sway bar were the top 2 recommendations. Now I don't know where I can get the lights. Does anyone know who the manufacturer of the lights was and part #? Maybe I can track them down that way? Amazon has a Xenon HID conversion kit that they claim is compatible with a 2011 Spyder RT that is only $82.50. The No Magics were $300, so I have my doubts that they are the same. Anyone familiar with these Xenon HID conversion kits and whether they will install on a Spyder? Based on forum input, the other mods I plan to do are the High mount brake and running light with magic strobe module (from Custom Dynamics), Turn Signal Lights and Spyderfenderz, both from Tricled. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I did a quick "Google thing", and these guys popped up:

http://derangedchoppers.net/cart/ind...index&cPath=86

Happy hunting, and good luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hi Tom, we carry LED replacement bulbs for RT if you consider that over HID. You can find it online at our side. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Tom, if you have an early series RT, the BRP HID lights are an incredible upgrade.

We have a 2014 RTs.

I have ridden the machine with the oem halogen bulbs, very high power headlight specific LEDs from Cyclops Adventure Sports, http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/, and have modified the BRP HID lights to work in our 2014 RTs.

The oem Halogen lights work and are what comes with the machine. Not very good but acceptable.

The high power LEDs with 3200 lumens per bulb and designed for the projector style housings of the Spyder work very well and reach deep into the darkness. The other nice thing with the LEDs from Cyclops is they match the other white LEDs on the machine.

While the high power LEDs from Cyclops work superbly, and match the white light color, my informal tests do give a slight advantage to the BRP HID lights for all out performance lighting. The BRP HID kit is not an aftermarket pieced together item, every component is high end automotive based. The downside is the cost and the light color does not match the existing LEDs.

Oem Halogen lights are inexpensive, the Cyclops LEDs are priced in the same range as other aftermarket LEDs, the BRP light, retailed at $1200 but should be able to be found on blowout pricing since they are for the earlier machines.

All the best, whatever you decide or find works for you.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HID's vs. LED's

IMHO, ( and others ) HID's can be a nightmare. I would only trust the BRP version......But for a lot of reasons what PMK ( Paul ) said about the CYCLOPS Led's is the best way to go.....unless you are rich........Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thanks to everyone for your help! After having read jcthorne review on Xenon Depots new LED, I think I am going to give them a try and forget about the HID option. THanks again, Tom

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tsherman02840 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for your help! After having read jcthorne review on Xenon Depots new LED, I think I am going to give them a try and forget about the HID option. THanks again, Tom

Just FYI, we still have the Xenon Depot Phillips LED lights in both my F3 and the wifes RT. They still work very well.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tsherman02840 View Post
    I took some time to look around while feeling crappy from this cold I have. I own and use the BRP HID lights and also own and use the LED conversion that is more powerful than the xenon depot bulbs. I run 6400 fan cooled LED lumens vs the xenon 4800 radiant cooled lumens.

Truth told, if you ride at night and can find the BRP HID for a good price, they are incredible lights and the best I have ridden. Downside was the expensive cost and being for the early machine.

For the Spyder RT early series the PN is 219400135. Any dealer that has them in stock should want to move them out of inventory since they only fit early machines.

Retail on these was over $1000, but with them sort of losing value each day, you might consider making a stupid low ball offer and see if a shop accepts it.