Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    I am curious, since tires are often a big topic, where did you obtain ratings on the Altimax RT43? Are these the tire sidewall ratings or something I have not found on Tire Rack.

I have found where Tire Rack tested a different version of the Altimax, but not this specific version.
    Actually She wasn't aware of what was a good tire or not !!!! …………. I suggested She get the Altimax to re-place the worn out Kenda …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Does it come in the stock size and can you use it in cold Temps because the Kumho I just put on is kinda slick even with 21 pounds? Not sticky like stock.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Does it come in the stock size and can you use it in cold Temps because the Kumho I just put on is kinda slick even with 21 pounds? Not sticky like stock.
    If you are referring to the Altimax RT43 - the closest size is 215/60-15 , however this size will correct the speedo reading to almost exact..... Get the lower speed rated model it is actually a stickier tire …. should wear about the same tho …………. Mike

Spyder Garage

I used tire rack.com for some research, amazon for some reviews but mainly here is where I looked for advice especially too see who recommended what tire the most. The Altimax was the name brand I’ve found to be the highest recommended, of course as one had said before a smile would ensue telling someone I have to check the tire pressure on my bikes Hankook, Falken etc would be cool as well. But as before I like the info here, the reviews given me insight and with that I purchased the tire and quite like it. I could tell how much smother it was when I rode home, and I could easily keep stable speeds compared to the Kenda, it is possible the Kenda was balding in the middle causing that but either way I’m really happy that I have the people and info here to help make that decision.

Spyder Garage

Had the General Altimex installed at 14,000. Have 2,000 miles on it with 20 psi. Much improved ride