Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder1Attitude Exhaust and Can Am comfort saddle

So after two seasons with my stock 2013 ST, I decided to do some fun modifications. I researched all the different types of exhaust pipes (really liked the Tailgunner Recluse) but ultimately chose the single-pipe Spyder1Attitude 18 in flat black. It was cost-effective and was positioned as a nice, throaty sound. I am pleased to say that I am thrilled with that purchase. Karsten supported me very quickly with the few questions I had, and with a little help from my son in law we had the pipe installed and fitted properly.

All I can say is that the sound of my Spyder is now VERY pleasing and not the sewing-machine-esque whine that it used to be. It has a nice, subtle rumble when idling, and it sounds deeply aggressive as I accelerate without sounding too loudly obnoxious. It is the perfect pipe at half the price (or less) of the other ones I was looking at. It looks great, too! Rather than that squarish stock abomination, I have a nice, sleek single pipe in an understated flat black. It really makes the bike.

I also changed the stock seat with the upgraded Can Am comfort seat. I chose that one because I had some Amazon gift cards that knocked off quite a bit of the price. I am very pleased to say that that was a great choice, too. It went on in about 15 minutes, looks so much nicer with the tight stitching, and feels SO much better than the stock seat. I am sure that Corbin and the other brands are equally as nice, but I have no complaints.

Overall, I am quite pleased with the upgrades and the fact that I was able to accomplish them myself (with a little help). I am not mechanical, but I really didn't need to be. Looking forward to next week in Northern Virginia when the weather warms up--guess who is taking the Spyder into work every day?
    Last edited by tjmphd1; 03-03-2016 at 08:12 PM.

Spyder Garage

Now, how about some pictures???
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Glad to post pictures!

Got a close up here of the Spyder1Attitude pipe just after installation--a little condensation underneath that was resolved after tightening the clamp a bit more. The other is an up-close image of the new Comfort seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images