Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Question on the air ducts for a 2012 RTS SM5

I pop in and out from time to time, but I have a question on the air ducts that maybe were going to be offered to some of the earlier model owners (from the 2013 fix.) What ever happened with this? I own a 2012 RTS SM5. I seen these on my model but never heard anything from BRP.

Spyder Garage

I'm sure you would have to complain about the "heat problem your having" to your dealer, before you'd hear anything from BRP. Let him know about all the heat your getting, and have him contact BRP, and maybe, just maybe, you could get the air ducts.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some are being done by brp as goodwill. However I have seen a price of US$70 or thereabouts, plus install but you can DIY. Note this is for the vents only, not the fuel line (or whatever) change. Just a thought

Spyder Garage

Default Scoops for your RT

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman View Post
    I pop in and out from time to time, but I have a question on the air ducts that maybe were going to be offered to some of the earlier model owners (from the 2013 fix.) What ever happened with this? I own a 2012 RTS SM5. I seen these on my model but never heard anything from BRP.
    Go to your Dealer and complain about the high heat in the glove box/ front seat area. BRP has authorized the Dealer to install the scoops on all 2010- 2012 RTS as a good will install at no cost to you. Other option is to do the install yourself. Send me a PM with your E-Mail address and I send you the procedure I made up to do the install. You can order the Scoop kit from Powersports Warehouse for $50.74.

Spyder Garage

I did it myself it's easy I paid $70 for mine 50 is a very good deal

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default THANKS FOR THE INFO

I'll speak to my dealer this weekend. Thx for the info everyone

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    Go to your Dealer and complain about the high heat in the glove box/ front seat area. BRP has authorized the Dealer to install the scoops on all 2010- 2012 RTS as a good will install at no cost to you. Other option is to do the install yourself. Send me a PM with your E-Mail address and I send you the procedure I made up to do the install. You can order the Scoop kit from Powersports Warehouse for $50.74.
    Wjould you happen to remember the catalog number for the scoop kit?
    Bryan

Spyder Garage

The air vents for '13 and earlier RT models were a BRP recall. This was becoming available when I was having heat issues with my '13 ST model.
    Go to your dealer and complain, he/she should be able to get parts from BRP. Good luck.
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

I have the same problems with my 2012 RTs and bought the OEM scoops. Doc - Riverside could you send me the installation instructions too? I can’t figure out how to PM you..

Spyder Garage

Telegirl.

This is an old thread, and I do not know if Doc can/will respond, but I will send you a PM with all of the info that I have. Should be what you need to get the job done.
    2011 RT-S , Silver