Spyder Garage

Question Fog light options for F3

I have heard quite a few negative reviews about the brp optional fog lights for the F3. What has anyone done and how do you like it? I really dont want to spend over $500 for lights that are not quality

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRush View Post
    I have heard quite a few negative reviews about the brp optional fog lights for the F3. What has anyone done and how do you like it? I really dont want to spend over $500 for lights that are not quality
    Unlike some accessories from BRP, the fog lights are good quality and truly are "Plug and Play". They install easily other than the 3 small locknuts that hold them in place in the cowling. I have XXL hands and had to fabricate a slotted pipe to reach in and turn them the required 1/4 turn. Perhaps someone else had a more clever way to lock them down.
    The on/off switch is a lighted push-button that sits flush on the dash to the right of the key switch and the wiring is already in place just under the cowl.
    Hope this helps.
    jb
    Last edited by BamaJohn; 03-02-2016 at 07:08 AM.
    John B.
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT-s Petrol Metallic Blue dark with OEM top case

Spyder Garage

Lamont will soon have LED fog lamps available for about half of what BRP charges. They will also be plug and play and install much easier.
    Rick

Spyder Garage

Wait for Lamont's lamps rather than buying the overpriced BRP option. BRP is selling inexpensive Hella lights that sell for under $100 with a custom bracket. Charging you $500 for the bracket.....

And they are low output halogen lamps.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

It isn't even a custom bracket. The light position in the side pods is designed around OEM Hella 50mm lamp units which come with the bracket and adjusters.

European model F3s have the dip beam in these positions as the centre dip / high beam in the US model doesn't meet type approval. I had to swap these on my F3 when I imported it from germany to get a RHD (left side of road) dip beam to register my F3.

You could fit any number of different Hella LHD (right side of road) lamp units in those positions and they would plug stright in. They wouldn't come with a switch though, the dip beam in that position is permanently wired on with the engine in europe.

In fact I've got a used set of LHD ones lying around which I've been thinking of selling if anyone wants to buy them? As JC says they are Halogen, H7 bulb and look like this:

with the adjusters from this picture

I think they give a pretty good light output for the size.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Wait for Lamont's lamps rather than buying the overpriced BRP option. BRP is selling inexpensive Hella lights that sell for under $100 with a custom bracket. Charging you $500 for the bracket.....

And they are low output halogen lamps.
    My switches are on the way so it should be soon.

Spyder Garage

I can't wait for these lights to be available! I just ordered a bunch of goodies from Lamonster and can't wait for them to arrive! This will be my next purchase as soon as they become available. Keep bringing the great products Lamonster!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am gonna jump on these the minute they are ready. I hope you fabricate enough for the demand!

Spyder Garage

LaMonster fog lamps look great. I will be ordering also..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Have you come up with the 'combo pack' with the LED headlights yet? And also whether or not the headlights will fit the F3 Limited?

Thanks
    2016 F3 Limited Special Series

Spyder Garage

Can"t wait either! Lamont really knows his stuff
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Default Which lights are theses?

Spyder Garage

I had a hard time finding the right plug and crimping tool for the plugs and the one tool I did find was $3200.00!! I now have the tool and plugs heading my way. I have 50 kits ready to go and will be ordering more parts today as the pre-orders look like I'm going to need more. This is a great kit at less than half the cost of the other options. I would say we're still a week and a half to two weeks out on this but it will be worth the wait I promise.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Any word on the ETA of a video? I am definitely interested in buying but want to see what's in store for me at installation.

Spyder Garage

I had a hard time finding the right plug and crimping tool for the plugs and the one tool I did find was $3200.00!! I now have the tool and plugs heading my way. I have 50 kits ready to go and will be ordering more parts today as the pre-orders look like I'm going to need more. This is a great kit at less than half the cost of the other options. I would say we're still a week and a half to two weeks out on this but it will be worth the wait I promise.
    How do we pre order??? I left you a VM the other day.. I'm in no big hurry,, just want to get on the list😎 Have fun in Daytona!!

Spyder Garage

How do you pre order?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike,P View Post
    How do we pre order??? I left you a VM the other day.. I'm in no big hurry,, just want to get on the list😎 Have fun in Daytona!!
    Call the store on Monday and talk to Jacob and he'll take your info and put you on the list.
    417-771-6016

Spyder Garage

Poor Jacob... He's not gonna know what hit him tomorrow!!

2016 F3 Limited - Triple Black Atlanta

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dsvogel View Post
    Poor Jacob... He's not gonna know what hit him tomorrow!!

Probably right about that.!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hopefully one of you folks that are pre-ordering will post a video before the rest of us commit to an order. I like to know what I am getting into before money comes outta my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by juscuz View Post
    Probably right about that.!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Also Interested

I'm also interested in these lights, and is why I immediately returned the stock BRP fog lights I had purchased.

Another thing I'm curious about: on my RT, I ran with the fog lights on all the time, and am thinking of doing the same on the F3. Just omit the switch with a "short". The spot where the fog light switch goes ... I have repurposed with a 19mm waterproof momentary switch that controls my Mo-Door garage door opener. I've become very fond of location and convenience, and not sure I want to move it (but have been eyeballing the blank plug in front of the left passenger grab bar).

2016 F3 Limited - Triple Black Atlanta