Spyder Garage

Default PLEASE HELP - Switched power wiring question

I am getting ready to install my PDM60 Electronic module on my 2014 Spyder RT and I need to find the best place to tap my trigger wire. (Switch Power).

Now with the battery at the front, where is the best place to tap in for switch power ? I read a few posts suggesting the tail lights, the heater passager grip but I would like to find a place a the front of the bike.

Is the back of the temperature gauge a good place for my switch power ? If yes, which wire specifically I need to tap ? Is there an other place I could easily tap my trigger wire ?

Your help is very much appreciated

Thanks
    Last edited by Max LTD; 02-28-2016 at 09:35 PM.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Max LTD View Post
    I am getting ready to install my PDM60 Electronic module on my 2014 Spyder RT and I need to find the best place to tap my trigger wire. (Switch Power).

Now with the battery at the front, where is the best place to tap in for switch power ? I read a few posts suggesting the tail lights, the heater passager grip but I would like to find a place a the front of the bike.

Is the back of the temperature gauge a good place for my switch power ? If yes, which wire specifically I need to tap ? Is there an other place I could easily tap my trigger wire ?

Your help is very much appreciated

Thanks
    Tie it into the power lead to the frunk light. The connector for the frunk light is down below the left service cover. It's a two pole connector. The Orange/Red wire is switched power.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Cool

the spade connector on the mechanical gauges is switched power, but of course they are far forward and above. I used them to run wire to the handlebars. I've also run wire from the battery to the engine bay (air horn replacing the stock one) and from the turn signals down and out to the fenders (tricled fender led turn signal flasher module). I removed a panel covering the right fuse box to snake to under the engine. That's the easiest way to get power out the frunk. I did add a cigarette lighter socket to the frunk and ran the wire to the fuse box using the same fuse for the rear trunk socket. That hole, is open, is a good way to run wire back out the frunk.

I really like this wire below to run light power farkles. I found it's not heavy enough for high current items like the air horn power through a relay to the battery.

66ft, 2 conductor, 20gauge wire for $8
    http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ilpage_o09_s01

hope this helps
    let's ride safe & be careful out there,
    Mike in Nawlins'
    2014 Black SE6 Limited "Charlotte"
    New Orleans Ride Captain
    Patriot Guard Riders